GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

22 minutes ago, bustamente said:

While i agree i thought that Leggatt running out the missed field goal when we had a 7 pt lead and not giving the Argos anything also turned the tide.

That was a great play but the Randle interception lead to the tying points being scored and I thought the D turned it up a lot after that. 

Our D is showing the way for us that's for sure....solid play....We have some serious talent on the defence and it still has room to grow...IF defences win championships, then we have a good shot at going a long way...Fantastic AND what can you say about Nichols...the guys just keeps on winning...Seems to find a way and his composure is something else...We really never knew what we had languishing on the bench...Great win.

If I'm Walters I will trade for a receiver this early. Get that receiver dig in the playbook immediately since he may be in next week if McDuffie and Sheppard's injury is serious. 

We only have one receiver available on PR  - Mayo. 

I guess recalling Jace Davis is an option too. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

3 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If I'm Walters I will trade for a receiver this early. Get that receiver dig in the playbook immediately since he may be in next week if McDuffie and Sheppard's injury is serious. 

We only have one receiver available on PR  - Mayo. 

I guess recalling Jace Davis is an option too. 

Smith could be back next week.

16 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I still have a hate on for the Argos from when we were in the east so to sweep them, convincingly, is especially sweet.

My only gripe this game is with Ritchie Hall blitzing our linebackers and not spying DL with them. Hall almost lost them the game with his poor tactics.

I think Wild was missed, he could have helped in shutting down Whittaker.  Burnett had 4 tackles, Wild may have had 8-10.

I love the picks and all but, IMHO, the play of the day was the Denmark TD.    Our O was getting yards, which lead to field goals, but that wasn't going to get it done.   Once we scored the offensive TD, it was like the seal was broken and we decided that we could put the ball in the endzone. 

Kudos to Denmark and to Nichols for that play.

From what I saw their was a lot of blatant holding by Argo receivers.     

However in the first half the Blue did not favors with ill time penalties,  terrible tackling  (Bass) and just a massive cushion for LeFevour.  LaPolice was also thoroughly enjoying calling plays that require the receiver to break a few tackles and get 4 - 5 yards after the catch.... rather then throwing the ball deep.

I did also spot one person in the stands with a Heath jersey already!

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

In the first half, it appeared that on several of LeFevorer's big plays, the argos OL was holding onto Bomber defenders like drowning men on a life raft.

saw an argo O lineman actually grab a D lineman  by the arm and haul him down... no call.

Refs giving the Toronto holding a pass was  partly why the game was so close.

even with the holding, lefever took a beating. Toronto probably has the worst O line in the league.

lefever threw some absolutely horrible passes in that game. one hoppers, some into the stands, it was unenjoyable  thinking we might lose with him in there.

likely Willy will be put in right away, poor guy.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Gotta say nothing was better than Hardkaghiuerkjshb missing that field goal - the best part was he thought he had it - did the high-five with his holder and everything, then had to cover the return...

Well, he considers himself a "great athlete" so in his mind how could he possibly miss?

BTW, it's Hajrulla-who?:)