GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Rich

I don't have any bad feelings towards Hajrullahu over last year other than that stupid video the Bombers put up on their website with him kicking FGs from the stands, the parking lot of IGF & on the sidelines into a basketball hoop. He made that video even though he was struggling at the time as one of the worst kickers (percentage wise) in the CFL last year. I thought it was all self agrandizement on his part & never should have been done. Then running like a scared rabbit from the media after the woeful Edmonton game.

Those were two mistakes he made as far as I was concerned & he lost my support especially not facing the media like other players would have. Had he sucked it up & spoke I'd have respected him a lot more. Now that he has a fresh start in Toronto the slates wiped clean for me & I hope he enjoys a nice career. Live & learn...

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Those were CFL sponsored videos they went around to every team and got players doing trick shots throws. Don't blame him for doing them. Probably did not have much choice.

No other FG kicker did that. Everybody has a choice. Players aren't  told or forced into doing them. I just remember that video & cringed as he wasn't having a great year at that point when he did it. I figured nothing good would come from it & then he had that game vs Edmonton that ended his career with the Bombers.

13 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Geez, can't you have a little fun while you're plying your trade?

How did that fun video work out for him? Hey, he can kick a FG sideways out of the 200 level at IGF or thru a basketball hoop from 20 yards away on the sidelines but when we needed a 30 yard FG to win a game he can't do it?? I'll bet he never does another one again. He was having no fun against Edmonton. Anyway, the guy is in Toronto. I hope he continues to do well.

Edited by iso_55

18 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

How did that fun video work out for him? Hey, he can kick a FG sideways out of the 200 level at IGF or thru a basketball hoop from 20 yards away on the sidelines but when we needed a 30 yard FG to win a game he can't do it?? I'll bet he never does another one again. He was having no fun against Edmonton. Anyway, the guy is in Toronto. I hope he continues to do well.

We all knew he could bounce back from having a bad year..and he has.

You're taking it too personal. 

Never once did I have the suspicion that Haj had it in for us. He had an off year. You're talking like you never had one. If you really want to drop, then drop it. It was only a video...

36 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

No other FG kicker did that. Everybody has a choice. Players aren't  told or forced into doing them. I just remember that video & cringed as he wasn't having a great year at that point when he did it. I figured nothing good would come from it & then he had that game vs Edmonton that ended his career with the Bombers.

23 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

We all knew he could bounce back from having a bad year..and he has.

You're taking it too personal. 

Never once did I have the suspicion that Haj had it in for us. He had an off year. You're talking like you never had one. If you really want to drop, then drop it. It was only a video...

Says the guy who keeps bringing it up & won't let go. Maybe you should follow your own advice here & quit bringing it up. Like I said, I made a comment saying the video was a mistake which I'm allowed to do here yet you seem to be the one with your nose out of joint.  C'mon Jpan, relax. It's only a video.

Yesterday's game was certainly the story of two different halves.  I'm going to start with what I thought was the good:

Medlock is simply amazing to watch....great bounce-back from last week, he is worth every penny. Loffler's hit to break up a pass was the crunch of the game, and what I believe was a turning point. That kid is going to be really good. Flanders played very inspired, and so did McDuffie. Dressler is awesome.  Leggett, Bass, and the d-line are really playing well.  How about the Hardrick Hop?? The fans throughout the stadium and the north end zone in particular really like that!

Here's what I didn't like.......First and goal on the 5 and we roll right and try a pass? I'm not an OC but man a running play woulda been great even if we didn't score. Never mind it sure looked like Nicholls coulda pulled the ball down and probably scored. Speaking of Nicholls he lost his mind a couple of times in that first half, and yelled at his receivers. Kevin Glenn talked to him after one tirade. I loved McDuffie's huge return, but then on our first offensive play we go right back at him after he just ran 50 yards?? Hated that, and McDuffie gets hurt. Great. Saving my biggest ***** for last: We park in the U lot directly across from the stadium because my elderly father in law can't walk that far any more. 3 home games this year, including the last 2 have taken over 45 minutes to empty that lot. They channel all the cars that have parked in there into one exit, I heard yesterday there was a fight in the lot last week. Yesterday we hung around for 30 minutes before going to the parking lot, and still waited 15 minutes before traffic started moving. That's just brutal.

1 minute ago, ddanger said:

Here's what I didn't like.......First and goal on the 5 and we roll right and try a pass? I'm not an OC but man a running play woulda been great even if we didn't score. Never mind it sure looked like Nicholls coulda pulled the ball down and probably scored. Speaking of Nicholls he lost his mind a couple of times in that first half, and yelled at his receivers. Kevin Glenn talked to him after one tirade. I loved McDuffie's huge return, but then on our first offensive play we go right back at him after he just ran 50 yards?? Hated that, and McDuffie gets hurt. Great. Saving my biggest ***** for last: We park in the U lot directly across from the stadium because my elderly father in law can't walk that far any more. 3 home games this year, including the last 2 have taken over 45 minutes to empty that lot. They channel all the cars that have parked in there into one exit, I heard yesterday there was a fight in the lot last week. Yesterday we hung around for 30 minutes before going to the parking lot, and still waited 15 minutes before traffic started moving. That's just brutal.

Totally agree with this. McDuffie's return for TD was from around Winnipeg's 10 - that's 100 yards. I remember thinking geez, I hope they don't go right back to McDuffie, give the guy a chance to catch his breath - but sure enough. Boneheaded by Lapo or Nichols or whoever had the call on that one.

We don't have to wait for Loffler to be very good- he is at that level already, which is amazing for a rookie. And yes, there were some head-scratching decisions by the Bomber offence yesterday. We've had a fair number of those in the past couple of years, but that's what you get with an inexperienced head coach. We need to hope that O'Shea is learning from these oopsies.

18 minutes ago, tracker said:

We don't have to wait for Loffler to be very good- he is at that level already, which is amazing for a rookie. And yes, there were some head-scratching decisions by the Bomber offence yesterday. We've had a fair number of those in the past couple of years, but that's what you get with an inexperienced head coach. We need to hope that O'Shea is learning from these oopsies.

Is that on the head coach??? Or the OC?? I'm leaning towards Lapo. Playing Harris well after he was clearly hurt was on O'Shea, but some of the strange offensive decisions yesterday I blame Lapo for.

8 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Is that on the head coach??? Or the OC?? I'm leaning towards Lapo. Playing Harris well after he was clearly hurt was on O'Shea, but some of the strange offensive decisions yesterday I blame Lapo for.

Hard to tell, but the final responsibility comes to rest on the head coach. I would love to know the reasons for the dink and dunk offense- is it because we have had such a revolving door at receiver, lack of trust in Nichols or what.

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

Hard to tell, but the final responsibility comes to rest on the head coach. I would love to know the reasons for the dink and dunk offense- is it because we have had such a revolving door at receiver, lack of trust in Nichols or what.

I'll wager it's both of those coupled with the coaches' philosophy 

1 minute ago, tracker said:

Probably a buch of those things combined & the fact LaPo likes that kind of offense. His philosophy.

It is the game plan and the formula they've been using to win.   Play low risk (and mistake free) on offence and relying on the defence to win the turnover battle.

Would be nice to see a higher octane offence, but I thought the O did a much better job in the 2nd half against Toronto.

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

It is the game plan and the formula they've been using to win.   Play low risk (and mistake free) on offence and relying on the defence to win the turnover battle.

Would be nice to see a higher octane offence, but I thought the O did a much better job in the 2nd half against Toronto.

Yes, but they really looked terrible in the first half, and a good deal of the third quarter.

9 minutes ago, tracker said:

Yes, but they really looked terrible in the first half, and a good deal of the third quarter.

Yep, I've been thinking for weeks that this offence is going to come back and bite us.  Started becoming a believer in the 2nd half of last of game.

Of course that means that next game will be the one.  That and the fact we play Calgary.

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

If the medical people didn't think Harris could play, he wouldn't have played. Their opinion outranks the coach.