Bombers Release Kris Adams, Add National OL Alex McKay

Rich

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/08/31/bombers-add-ol-alex-mckay/

WINNIPEG, MB., August 31, 2016 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the addition of national offensive lineman Alex McKay to the  practice roster.

McKay (6-5, 300, Manitoba, January 25, 1991 in Winnipeg, MB) was selected by Saskactehwan in the sixth round, 52nd overall in the 2016 CFL Draft. The Winnipeg native spent the last four years at the University of Manitoba. McKay started all 32 regular season and seven postseason games during his collegiate career with the BIsons. Following last season, he was selected to participate in the 2015 CIS East-West Bowl.

The club has also released international receiver Kris Adams from the practice roster.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Adams was given a decent shot, despite having good height and speed his hands just didn't not seem to be good enough.

Slow and unspectacular pretty much sums up Adams Bomber career, sounds like the club is prepping for the return of Dress or Smith as well ...

Edited by IC Khari

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Always nice to see Bisons getting a shot with the big Blue.  Was very surprised the Riders gave up on McKay so quickly.

I agree. From what I read he had a good training camp. My theory is with the way the JSJ ordeal played out, Mckay became expendable. Had St John came to camp and performed, maybe he would be starting at Tackle. Then Mckay would still be here in backup/ development role. My opinion is that it was a mistake giving up on him so quickly, and that Chris Jones wanted the roster spot for his Eskimo buddy Andrew Jones, who has been horrible to say the least this year.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Always nice to see Bisons getting a shot with the big Blue.  Was very surprised the Riders gave up on McKay so quickly.

This puts McKay in good company- with Chick, Denmark etc. I hope he does well with the Bombers- you can't coach size or passport and we have the luxury of having the time to assess and groom him.

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Adams days were numbered as soon as Denmark was signed. He only stick around a little longer because of injuries. Inconsistency killed him. 

I sure would like to see Dressler, Denmark, Smith and D. Adams on the field together, I don't foresee height being an issue.  That is one solid receiving core, sprinkle in Kohlert for blocking and ball security and they could compete with any receiving group in the league.

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

I agree. From what I read he had a good training camp. My theory is with the way the JSJ ordeal played out, Mckay became expendable. Had St John came to camp and performed, maybe he would be starting at Tackle. Then Mckay would still be here in backup/ development role. My opinion is that it was a mistake giving up on him so quickly, and that Chris Jones wanted the roster spot for his Eskimo buddy Andrew Jones, who has been horrible to say the least this year.

Their whole draft this year had me scratching my head. 

8 hours ago, Ripper said:

Eskimo buddy or eskimo brother?