John Chiles Released

iso_55

55 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Chiles was cut because he sucked this year so far. Yea...he had the 3 TDs...none were over 8 yards though. Other than that a very pedestrian 40 yard average per game as the number 2 receiver. Pass....

by the same team that cut denmark. By the worst team in the league who also cut our no1 wr and let walk our no2. 

42 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Why did they cut Denmark? I know we did it for cap space, but what was the reasoning behind the Riders letting him go?

bad teams make bad personnel decisions. They may look at spots and players as more one dimensional, and less interchangeable. Other wise i cant say. Maybe one of the green guys on the forum can shed some light on it. 

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

No love for Big Country Derek Armstrong. As a trio Milt Edwards Armstrong pretty much along the lines of Bruce Gordon and Milt.

wasnt that also in the chris brazzel era? xD

Thats a tough group to choose between. Gordon back then was burried deep under milt gordon and aj. Gordon was an excellent possession wr, a real pro. But didnt have the raw tools of armstrong. 

To pick one to win a single game with I would prolly take gordon/aj/milt. For a season or going forward with id take milt/edwards/armstrong. 

22 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

No love for Big Country Derek Armstrong. As a trio Milt Edwards Armstrong pretty much along the lines of Bruce Gordon and Milt.

Man,I loved Derek Armstrong. Guy was a big body, good wheels and good hands. I remember his game in 07 in Regina where he had over 200 yards receiving......I won't finish the rest though.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

What was the story with Armstrong? He was a Rider, then went to the States, and then he came back and instead of going to the Riders, he came to Winnipeg instead.....is that right?

It's basically what John Chiles did. Off the radar for a bit and then got scooped by another team. Clever move. I remember being surprised at the time that he was even on the radar.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's basically what John Chiles did. Off the radar for a bit and then got scooped by another team. Clever move. I remember being surprised at the time that he was even on the radar.

happens some times. arland bruce taking more money in TO comes to mind. Not allways flaling off the radar. Kinda rough when it happens.