CFL End Week 7 - Edmonton @ Ottawa

Mr Dee

?‍?The return of Jason Maas.
The return of Henry....or Hank?

The leading yardage passer - Mike Reilly 1926 yards. He's also #1 in completions (147) and attempts (207) and tied for first with 11 TD passes. - 383 yds against Ottawa in their first game.
(Gord Holder - Ottawa Citizen)

the score.com -
Reilly has recorded eight straight 300-plus yard regular-season games, which is just one shy of the CFL record set by Sam Etcheverry in 1956 and Kent Austin in 1991. He is averaging 385 yards per game.

He's on pace for 6,934 passing yards over the span of an 18-game season. To put that into perspective, only five times has a quarterback eclipsed 6,000 passing yards while only four different pivots have done it (Doug Flutie did it twice). The record is 6,619 set by Flutie in 1991, yet here’s Reilly flirting with the notion of 7,000. - CFL.ca 

Reilly needs to average 361 passing yards per game to reach Flutie’s record (he’s averaging 385 through five games) - P. Steinburg cfl.ca

Reilly can sling it, whether it’s to Adarius Bowman or Derel Walker — both receivers on pace to eclipse 2,000 receiving yards. CFL.ca 

?‍?The weapons/targets?
Reilly’s principal weapons are wide receiver Derel Walker and slotback Adarius Bowman, who coming into this week’s games ranked first and third in receiving yards with 642 and 586 yards, respectively. The Redblacks’ Chris Williams was second with 625, while teammates Brad Sinopoli (491) and Greg Ellingson (487) were sixth and seventh. (Holder)

The Ottawa Redblacks boast a league-leading 446 yards of net offence per game, while the Edmonton Eskimos are averaging a second-best 434 yards. - gerry moddejonge Edmonton journal

“The improvement of the quarterbacks and the receivers and some of the rule changes have helped the offence.” - Mark Nelson

?‍?Ottawa won the first meeting, in overtime, 45-37.

Burris - " I will give it my all."

Reilly - "We know it will be a slugfest."  - TSN

So, who ya got?

The Redblacks have the top offense in the league and a top half of league defense. The Esks have the second best offense in the league and one of the worst defenses. Hopefully a high scoring close game, but I have to think that an extra week will go a long way to fixing Burris's problems and the Redblacks will prevail.

Burris sure didn't look very good last week and his throws were really wandering.  Will an extra few days of pinkie healing gets him back on track? Or has his career has finally entered its twilight?  As they say on Bojack Horseman, let's find out!

Bad decision to take the ball out of the end zone. Kenzel Doe. More like Kenzel D'Oh
Beauty pass to Ellingson 
Good blocking by Jackson on the screen. His reward? A TD pass from Burris on the next play

Bullshit call on Zach Evans RTP
Still, Reilly is getting whacked.

Seems to me the penalties are bordering on the weak side.
Half time 10-6 in the battle of the most offence-driven teams in the league...

Henry-Hank-Hank turn-a-rounder of 4 teams, and to those who are talking junk, we have to shove it...
The TSN crew handled it just fine.
Whoa Henry, that's not what they meant about an offensive output.
Wouldn't mind having Zach Evans.
If they reach 5 RTP penalties, do they get the next one free?
Great catch by Walker....oops holding.
By the way, Chris Greaves got pulled..and it wasn't for insulting Burris.
A flag...for so many flags.
Drew Willy just called Kyle Walters to talk no trade to Edmonton.
Chris, did you not want to try and catch that ball?
Reilly? What? An easy pick. Maybe he's too sore to throw it further.
25 penalties!!
Reilly - no 300 yard game.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Man, I just got off the water after fishing... Heard Burris was in classic form. What all did he say?? 

"Those guys on the panel always got things to say about me...I've turned around 4 teams in this league....to all those doubters out there, shove it"

Burris has been successful where ever he has gone. He has earned the right to talk trash. More folks have talked crap about him than he has been critical. I don't know how many times folks here have dissed him only to have him prove he isn't just some schmoe. Yeah he can be a bit self absorbed but there are a lot of players that are very confident of their abilities.