Tim Horton Field Update

iso_55

I recently started to wonder about how their construction was going and when I went to take a look online, I was very much surprised to see how much work there's left to do.

They've already dismantled Guelph seats as far as I know and they want several games on the road to start, but whoa*zza how are they going to finish it for the season?

Trouble's a-brewing at Tim Horton's Field.

We never had our grandstands completed either but they were further along than this. This isn't even close. They could miss an entire season. They say they're going to double shift to get it finished on time. We'll see. It takes a couple of months just to do the field....

When I see what they're building in Hamilton, very thankful for what we have here.... Our stadium is imaginative & innovative in its design. Tim Horton's Field is bleh... Our stadium has nearly 10,000 more seats. The stadium in Ottawa certainly looks interesting but there's a stark contrast between the two grandstands which I don't like. The stadium looks like the architect couldn't make up his mind which design to use so he used both. Plus, the size is too small at 24,000 seats. Yep, like what we got goin' for the Bombers. .

It's just not the grandstand. It's the wiring & plumbing. The elevators, escalators & being able to pass a safety inspection. Then the field... They can't install the new field until all the construction is completed. To lay a new field down takes weeks. Looking a those pics, I just can't see it. Don't forget, that's just one grandstand. The cameras are not streaming the other side.

I have a lot of doubts that Tim Hortons Field will be ready in time. If one compares TD PLACE to THF, you can see which one will must likely be completed on time.

The canopy caused huge delays everywhere at IGF. Can't compare the two stadiums timelines.

I'm sure having a company that's never built a stadium before, building a stadium on the fly helped with those delays here in Winnipeg.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite quote

The stadium builder said in January the project was two weeks behind schedule due to bad weather and the loss of a major contractor — who went bankrupt in December — but vowed to double shift crews over six-day weeks to make up the delay.

Someone refresh my memory. I've heard this before somewhere.....I just can't remember where I had heard it.....

Looking at these pics again, I'd be confident they will be able to play a game there in July.  Might not be 100% complete, but the first grandstand pic doesn't look THAT far off from being completed.

They should just switch home fields with the Argos. I would bet Hamilton would get more fans to games in Rogers then the Argos do. And if only 10,000 seats are ready at Tim Horton's field that's still 5,000 more than the Argos need.

Ha, where's Bluto with a response? ;)

i'll withold comment to wait and see what happens to Bomber attendance if they start poorly and the "newness" of IGF wears off a bit...

houses. stones. glass. etc.

Oh please, Bomber fans have seen shitty teams for long stretches before, there's a base of 18000-20000 who show up regardless of how the team plays.