Leos at Als / Tabbies at Eskies / Riders at Argos

Well, was a fun night watching the Bombers once again be the top CFL team to bring in the fun with their shootout football games, and give the viewers down south a real team to watch.  Now I'll take a wild stab in the dark as to what's going to happen with these other 3 games.

It's the 4th of July here in the states today, and I'll be out celebrating and won't be able to catch the Als game, but I'm kinda glad of that.  From where I stand, this looks like an ugly low scoring game with little offense, a lot of QB sacks, turnovers, and turning into a defensive slugfest.  I think BC takes it, though it won't be any walk in the park.  The Als defense played very good against Calgary, pretty much just 1 big play all that first half and even into the 2nd half, didn't get away from them till late in that 4th quarter.  I don't think Glenn will put up very good numbers here either, but Ryan Dinwiddie's defective offense will be worse.

15-10 Leos is what I got.

I may catch the later part of the Tabbies and Eskies since it ends at 1 AM my time.  It won't be raining here, hopefully, but I think that Hamilton O-line continues to be bad.  Edmonton's D is very good and for their part, they seem to have Reilly protected more this year, giving a lot of time to get the ball to Stamps, Bowman, and Chambers and I suspect that spells trouble for the Hamilton defense.

Think I'm gonna go with Edmonton 35 Hamilton 13 here.

And fortunately we got a good game to end this week, Saskatchewan and Toronto.  I don't think Ricky Ray is gonna have 2 bad games in a row, just don't see it, though I think the biggest question for the Argos is whether or not Burke can get that D in somewhat running order.  I predict a shootout type of game here.

Gonna say Argos win 37-33

well the Alouettes look a lot more ready to play than the Lions, who are stinking it up. I did like that last series by the Lions, first Poblah drops a pass that Glenn put right in his hands, and then he doesn't come off the field and costs the team a 10 yard too many men penalty. I was hoping Poblah could revive his career in BC but he is looking like the Kito we had in Winnipeg. Matt Dunigan said it right "This kid has to start producing".

Benevides should start looking over his shoulder soon. The Lions are losing but looking terribly disorganized on both sides of the ball, and I think that Glenn is a bad fit for this team. Either he is not adapting to the BC offense or Khari is not adapting the offense to Glenn's strengths. Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens after half-time.