Everything posted by bearpants
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Toronto
Also someone suggested we try Stoudermire at RB... isn't he a DB??
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Toronto
wow... some people need to step off the edge of the cliff.... this team definitely still has the potential to finish with 10 or 11 wins and make the playoffs.... this is just a speed bump.... I thought the defense looked worn down and beat up, most of the game... Ricky Ray took advantage, like any HOF QB would.... the offense wasn't clicking... no help from the protection, mostly poor blitz pick-up.... getting Nick Moore back should help a bit.... the time off should do us some good... I didn't think the reffing was terrible beginning to end... there were just two obvious, game-changing, horrible calls... seems when a game gets close the calls will always go in Ontario's (and Mtl) favour.... we'll see if Ottawa starts to get that benefit too...
-
Is Bob Wetenhall The Worst Owner In CFL History?
Unless the Glieberman era can be erased from history.... Wettenhall is far from the worst owner in CFL history...
-
Alex Brink named Als starting QB
It seems every time I hear a new piece of news from Als camp my only reaction is.... yikes!
-
Cotton replacing Woods tonight on returns
Has Grigsby ever taken punts or kick-offs (pre-Bombers obviously)?... he's got good hands and is pretty good in space... might be interesting to see
-
Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey
What I liked best about those jerseys was their simplicity.... Gold jersey with Blue numbers, blue W, blue letters and blue pants.... perfect.... The new jerseys just have too many much going on in the shoulders area with the blue/gold/white combo... then random blue/gold stripes running horizontally..... and some kind of stripe/bolt on the pants... too much going on...
-
The Great Grigsby
The timing of this special feature just felt kinda awkward.... even if it was shown prior to last game.... he's come off 2 bad games and now TSN is touting him as a potential "best athlete in the CFL".... but like someone else said, great athlete doesn't necessarily mean great RB....
-
Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey
I think you're right,... but nevertheless, that gold jersey is nothing near what I was describing in the previous post
-
Henoc Muamba
Hahaha yep any day now.... there's no chance a potential 7-figure salary will mean much without his bro
-
Als coaching updates
They probably just had to give them all official titles... funny thing is, based on knowledge of the offense they're running, Dinwiddie might actually be the most qualified to be OC...
-
CFL Week 8 Preview
It was painful watching him run after that last TD against Hammy.... I'm glad BC took him out... with Cornish out the CFL needs a healthy Harris...
-
Week 8 Depth Chart
That is interesting.... I wouldn't mind seeing JFG over Kohlert... not that I have a problem with Kohlert, but I think JFG has been better and has proved he deserves to start.... could just be money talking
-
CFL Week 8 Preview
Also, Tor is gonna be coming off a tough loss so they'll wanna atone quickly after a short break...
-
CFL Week 8 Preview
I actually think Tate might be a decent fit in Mtl.... but the reality of it happening is a whole different story...
-
Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey
I believe they will each be different designs. The black jerseys BC had last year are apparently their version of this release. Who knows why they were released a year early. These aren't bad.... if we did something similar to this... featuring royal blue (even navy blue would be ok) with gold outlined numbers and a gold W on the shoulder.... I'd be happy with that, I'd even consider buying one... We already did that. See 2007 Grey Cup. What? 2007 Grey Cup we wore the Gold 50s (or 60s I forget) retro jersey.... not even remotely close to what I was suggesting.... but FTR I do really like those jerseys too...
-
Week 8 Depth Chart
It's weird that this is being released on a Monday... crazy 9 team schedule...
-
Esks @ Awful Als / Tabbies @ Leos
Have you ever seen Peyton Manning take a sack? he never gets hit cuz he goes down when all other options are gone... it's called being smart...
-
Injury Update - August 9
Interested in seeing Stoudermire... I know nothing about him but have heard good reviews.... and when Rider fans/media say they released a good one, he must be pretty good....
-
Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey
I believe they will each be different designs. The black jerseys BC had last year are apparently their version of this release. Who knows why they were released a year early. These aren't bad.... if we did something similar to this... featuring royal blue (even navy blue would be ok) with gold outlined numbers and a gold W on the shoulder.... I'd be happy with that, I'd even consider buying one...
-
Riders unveil their "Signature Look" jersey
I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY KEPT THE TRAMP STAMP.... is Sask really that trashy???
-
Henoc Muamba
I believe I saw on the Colts website that he beefed up to around 245 lbs...
-
Roll up the sleeves.....
Honestly I had no problem with the decision to make that throw (the pick 6).... he just executed it poorly... the one and only mistake you can't make on that throw is an under-throw... and sure enough.... Turns out Drew Willy isn't perfect.... but I still love the guy and am perfectly happy hitching the wagon to him for years to come!
-
Lost is two words
two words?.... RUN GAME... applies to why we lost, both offensively and defensively...
-
3 Game Losing Streak!
"we gave up on Mike Kelly too soon" made me laugh...
-
Is Kent Austin the most "hated" coach in the league?
true... But TBURG makes a good point.... whether Willy ends up in BC or not is irrelevant... but there's a pretty good chance he wouldn't have ended up in Winnipeg