Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HardCoreBlue

Members

Everything posted by HardCoreBlue

  1. The 'franchise' may (i.e., not spending to the cap), but I guarantee you, Chevy, Paul Maurice and players are playing to make the playoffs with what they have now. No, they are not trying to fool themselves, they actually believe that. They are practicing, putting long hours in not just for development and showing improvement but also going into every game assuming they are going to win with the right preparation. Most of these guys are competitors who want to win. That's the culture I'm assuming the GM and down are trying to create, not the 'in reality we aren't contenders yet' culture.
  2. I completely disagree and so would the team. Our goal is too make the playoffs unless it's mathematically impossible. I can't think of a team who would take a position of not being in the playoff hunt after a half dozen games played.
  3. I see it more as if we adopt this crossover crap then picking a coach of the year award does not mean we need both an East and West candidate.
  4. Yea and at the very least, drop it like a man, don't balloon it up for a easy pick. Those are hard to watch when it goes against you.
  5. Yup. I'm hoping he's like one of those guys you see practically every year in the NHL. Non-existent thru the year but come playoff time they suddenly find their touch.
  6. I think it's more a big thank you Dale Hawerchuk for that pick!
  7. I'm hoping that Smith shows us he's a playoff performer.
  8. At least the Jets won.
  9. We have to take 6 D 12 F 1 Goalie with a reserve that fits with NHL cap space. So he's one of my (hopefully) better point getters for D.
  10. Optics starting Glenn against Ott last week would not have been good on a few fronts. One front being our goal was to win a home playoff game (read revenue) not to make the East crossover. I do however agree Glenn needed more rep time in that game then he had.
  11. He's in my damn hockey pool, he better.
  12. And, having Glenn as an insurance policy feels we have things covered.
  13. Yup and shutting down the Manny show.
  14. I keep on hearing players say they support one another regardless because it's a business. Okay but what some (not all) players aren't sharing is I support you if you're likeable. Another example where sometimes separating out what you think of the person with what you think of the issue can be a difficult process.
  15. ?? I said he was being mugged not he was taking clean hits. Big difference. And no, not whatever it takes. It's called the rule book.
  16. Yup I agree that's why they are there. However, I could care less who it is, someone needs to get aggressive with sh*ts like Kadri, constantly. If that's his game then he'll pay for that type of game. You can ignore the trash talking, chirping that's easy if you're a disciplined athlete but can't ignore the constant mugging and cheap shots. Fight fire with fire.
  17. Who apparently, much to the glee of some Toronto scribes, has no regrets with his actions of late. He was absolutely mugging McDavid all night when they played the Oilers. I don't agree with a lot of what Don Cherry says, but here I do. Someone on the Oilers needed to send a message to Kadri that if he does that type of thing to a player of theirs, he will be in for a very very long night. The Toronto media even went on the suggest Toronto (i.e. Kadri) had provided a blueprint to other teams in how to defend McDavid. Gag.
  18. Yes it will be interesting to hear what he has to say. Any guesses? Worst case scenario and what would be really 'funny', if a trade isn't completed in the timeframe Trouba and his agent want, he then sits until it's done. The Jets have lost a bit of their leverage with this signing if Trouba and agent get finicky the longer he stays with the Jets.
  19. I think Trouba's chances of getting traded might have gone up now that interested teams know what it's going to cost them. I don't see Chevy trading away Myers. What kind of message would that send? Ship away a guy who wants to be here to accommodate a guy who wanted out.
  20. If we can get to .500 by then, our hope will be refreshed by end of November once we get to see our actual starting line-up, i.e., Little and Company back for a more sustained period of time and having Trouba (or replacement).
  21. I like Helle but he needs to make a few adjustments with his game. The scouting report on him would be high blocker side. Good shooters are adjusting to goalies going down early.
  22. The Canucks are looking for some offense . . .
  23. I'm with you on this one. I like the fact that weather will not be an issue so it comes down to who executes the better game plan. I'm really interested to see if Normand is profiled more in this game as a one two punch with Harris.
  24. If you were RedBlack fan, would you be upset that they sat most of their starters that basically won them that dubious record of below 500 1st place team? I can see one or two players and I get it about preventing injuries but really. I hope Ottawa and Calgary get pummelled in the finals. Also, as a paying customer, if they are going to sit their starters then there should be a discount on my ticket price. It's like when NHL teams who are out of the playoffs suiting up their AHL players but I still pay full price on my ticket.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.