HardCoreBlue
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: 2026 Bombers Season
Everything posted by HardCoreBlue
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
True but BC in this specific situation may be in a more vulnerable position in taking one. I assume (complete assumption because I've never looked this up) that D tales more penalties than O in certain situations but I could be wrong.
-
The Manny Show - Loffler was a hit
That's a great point. I'd like to ask CFL Officiating does the rule dictate that Loffler still gets penalized even if he caught the ball, i.e player in a vulnerable position?
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
What if you factor in the chances of BC taking a penalty on a 3rd and four gamble versus a 61 yard field goal?
-
The Manny Show - Loffler was a hit
To distract us from our current misery. I'd like to hear people's thoughts on Loffler's hit on Manny Arceneaux. Do you agree that these types of hits should be taken out of football? Coaching PeeWee football this year, we were penalized on a few occasions both offense and defense in taking out players that didn't see it coming from a blocking or tackling point of view. And I'm not talking about the penalties that occurred 30 yards away from the play where a player takes out an an unsuspecting opposition. Those I agree in being penalized. I'm all for player safety and I don't want to see players experience long term effects but I struggle with accepting that these types of hits being outlawed. Isn't there onus on all players to be aware of one's surroundings? Like in Hockey not keeping your head up when receiving a pass? Anyways, I'd like to hear what other's think.
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
You can't just pin this on D my friend.
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
Blown coverage moreso than soft I think.
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
Actually I didn't think our D played all that bad, not great, more average but not horrible.
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
Let people react. We've earned it. It will go away after a few days.
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
Personally, I can guarantee you I wouldn't have had the 'should have tried a 60 yarder'.
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
4 yards? Yeesh. What a way to lose. MOS will be kicking himself for a couple of days on this one. Loffler's my man though. What a football hit. Don't like to see Manny hurt but what a clean pure hit that's unfortunately being taken out of the game.
-
East Semi
My thinking is Collaros embellished a bit plus not enough conclusive evidence to reverse non call.
-
East Semi
Collaros what was he thinking? I hope we see Jennings make those same decisions . . .
-
Week Of West Semi @ BC
Good luck Lion fan. :-)
-
Bombers at Lions WSF GDT
Say hi to Kitchener for me :-).
-
Game 15 : Jets v2 @ Jets v1
No it's not better because it's pure speculation about what what goals and expectations have been set out for this team, or using your words from the franchise overlords. Some of us believe/speculate it's a combo of development and making the playoffs. I just can't see a conversation between Chevy and Ownership suggesting that making the playoffs will be a bonus as long as we see 'progression'. If indeed that is the case, Chevy has a great gig
-
East Semi
No Fantuz is a huge playoff void for them. I'm hoping for a Hammy win, double Wpg win (Jets and Bombers) and Monday all of a sudden is looking good.
-
Game 17 : A Goalie Nobody Wanted @ A Team Looking For A Goalie
While making 4 million dollars. Good gig if you can get it.
-
Depth Chart vs Lions West Semi Final
Control the line of scrimmage, keep Jennings in the pocket with pressure, frustrate the manny show with tight coverage, win the turnover game and penalties incurred, manage the game of offense, i.e., good time management, limit 2 and outs, keep Medlock busy with field goals, his range in the dome will be awesome, keep their ten fans quiet, score the odd TD, smile for the camera. Pour gatorade on MOS, We win.
-
Game 16 : The Kids Are Alright @ Rocky Mountain High
Knowing it's coming from your own player, but how does that go in? Yeesh. Hutch just seems to find a way to baffle things. To lose on that goal, I'm surprised Maurice doesn't start Hutch the next game based on his approach with Goalies (i.e., need to bounce back right away). He'll just stew on it now.
-
Game 17 : A Goalie Nobody Wanted @ A Team Looking For A Goalie
A Jet win to warm up a Bomber win resulting in a Monday morning strut around the office.
-
Donald Trump
Yup. Let's get back to regularly scheduled events.
-
2016 Lines
Since we will be one of those teams, our cap space says go for it. A man can dream which I will be using now and then to escape our current reality of societal issues. Don't you just love professional sport. :-)
-
Game 15 : Jets v2 @ Jets v1
It's not either (development) or (making the playoffs). You can have a nice blend. Jets not focussed on getting into the playoffs? Well then, unless the Jets management has actually said this, I think he might be speculating somewhat. There's pressure to win in this business so teams have to balance the long term with short term. Some teams have more luxury than others with how much money they can spend. And even that isn't a guarantee. As for Pavs no that would not suggest we want to make the playoffs in keeping him. If anything, it might suggest we do want to make the playoffs in sending him down.
-
Game 15 : Jets v2 @ Jets v1
There's a nickname I don't want.
-
Game 15 : Jets v2 @ Jets v1
The 'franchise' may (i.e., not spending to the cap), but I guarantee you, Chevy, Paul Maurice and players are playing to make the playoffs with what they have now. No, they are not trying to fool themselves, they actually believe that. They are practicing, putting long hours in not just for development and showing improvement but also going into every game assuming they are going to win with the right preparation. Most of these guys are competitors who want to win. That's the culture I'm assuming the GM and down are trying to create, not the 'in reality we aren't contenders yet' culture.