Jets should tank this season

gbill2004

With McDavid and Eichel available in the 2015 draft, if I'm Chevy I trade away Byfuglien, Ladd and maybe Kane for high draft picks. Tank this season, then next year you got McDavid/Eichel who are both superstars comparable to Crosby/Tavares, along with Ehlers, Morrisey and Petan ready to contribute. We'd be set for the next decade.

Its not that simple. How do you know McDavid and Eichel are comparable to Crosby/Tavares? They are certainly hyped as much, but I'll wait to see them in the NHL to make that judgment. Right now, I would say neither one will ever be as good as Crosby or Tavares. Besides, there is no guarantee we would even get them. The lottery has been adjusted, and even with your trades I don't see us being worse than Buffalo or Edmonton. Could end up with the third or fourth pick. Not quite the same impact.

As far as Ehlers, Petan and Morrissey.... I hope they are ready to contribute next year but I wouldn't count on it. IMO Morrissey and Petan both looked at least 2 years away, and I'm not sure either will ever be the stars we are hoping they turn into. We'll see about Ehlers, he might be ready next season depending on how much he grows this year.... He is certainly our best prospect.

Its not that simple. How do you know McDavid and Eichel are comparable to Crosby/Tavares? They are certainly hyped as much, but I'll wait to see them in the NHL to make that judgment. Right now, I would say neither one will ever be as good as Crosby or Tavares. Besides, there is no guarantee we would even get them. The lottery has been adjusted, and even with your trades I don't see us being worse than Buffalo or Edmonton. Could end up with the third or fourth pick. Not quite the same impact.

As far as Ehlers, Petan and Morrissey.... I hope they are ready to contribute next year but I wouldn't count on it. IMO Morrissey and Petan both looked at least 2 years away, and I'm not sure either will ever be the stars we are hoping they turn into. We'll see about Ehlers, he might be ready next season depending on how much he grows this year.... He is certainly our best prospect.

What are you basing all your negativity on? Top scouts and analysts are consistently rating McDavid and Eichel as generational players. Their play and records would seem to warrant their rankings .As for our prospects, they will get here and have a substantial impact when they do. Their records and play in junior would seem to support that assumption. It seems that the Bombers mediocrity has crept into your opinion of the Jets future.

What are you basing all your negativity on? Top scouts and analysts are consistently rating McDavid and Eichel as generational players. Their play and records would seem to warrant their rankings .As for our prospects, they will get here and have a substantial impact when they do. Their records and play in junior would seem to support that assumption. It seems that the Bombers mediocrity has crept into your opinion of the Jets future.

No negativity here. I'm not the one suggesting we tank for McDavid. Sorry if I don't think he will be as good as Crosby or Tavares. Not many players are.

No negativity here. I'm not the one suggesting we tank for McDavid. Sorry if I don't think he will be as good as Crosby or Tavares. Not many players are.

Nor am I, but dismissing their talent out of hand seems somewhat presumptuous to me. And your post IS full of negativity. re-read it.

Its not that simple. How do you know McDavid and Eichel are comparable to Crosby/Tavares? They are certainly hyped as much, but I'll wait to see them in the NHL to make that judgment.

Of course everyone is guessing how they might do but I don't think peeps are too far off on guesstimations on draft picks. Lemieux/Crosby were anointed the next ones and that was true.

Last year was considered a very strong draft and this year a weak one. So far that's seems to be holding true for both.

Ask the Oilers how drafting "superstars" has worked out for them. 

Their top 3 forwards are still worth a first round pick at least by me.

Its not that simple. How do you know McDavid and Eichel are comparable to Crosby/Tavares? They are certainly hyped as much, but I'll wait to see them in the NHL to make that judgment.

Of course everyone is guessing how they might do but I don't think peeps are too far off on guesstimations on draft picks. Lemieux/Crosby were anointed the next ones and that was true.

Last year was considered a very strong draft and this year a weak one. So far that's seems to be holding true for both.

Ask the Oilers how drafting "superstars" has worked out for them. 

Their top 3 forwards are still worth a first round pick at least by me.

But the team sucks & has for years. These 3 players should be carrying that team but can't. They have issues on the blue line & in net. Don't have any depth after those 3 players despite having anywhere from the first to 4th pick year after year. The Oilers tank just because they're bad & it hasn't helped them one bit.

Considering the last four lottery winners didn't finish last, and the new rules giving the 30th team the lowest chance to retain the pick than ever before, nothing is guaranteed.

Tanking tells your fans you encourage losing.

The majority of top picks never win the Stanley Cup. Or atleast with the team that drafted them.

I don't think they are tanking, I just truly feel they aren't good enough, almost content, the players on the ice seem to be content, they don't care, they get paid their millions either way... The team certainly isn't tanking on purpose but... i get the feeling that management and the fans wouldn't really be too upset if they did. 

It puts pressure on chevy. I don't believe for one second that chevy and Chipman want the team to lose for a draft pick. So the heat will build quickly because the last thing you want is to be in the bottom three, make some moves and end up just good enough to miss the playoffs and get a lousy pick. They will have to do something soon if they want to get a playoff spot.

The Oilers problems has to do with completely ignoring the blue line and goaltending as part of the rebuilding process. MacTavish, Lowe and Katz are all fools.

No not completely. They've still haven't found that forward to open space up for their highly skilled yet not very good in limited space forwards. Not that I don't mind though.

Nah, Oilers can score and do it lots actually, pretty potent at times, they just can't defend and their goalies are back-ups really.

I go back to the 2012 draft, they had a choice between a forward they really didn't need or a potential long term #1 dman, They took that forward they didn't really need and  that's the issue there. They have completely ignored their Defense and Goaltenders. 

You can score tons of goals all you want but if you can't stop the other teams from scoring on you, you ain't gonna win much.

Oilers tho appear to be on a bit of a roll right now tho. I think they have some talent, the big question marks on that team are the goalies and the Defense.