Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blueandgold

Members

Everything posted by Blueandgold

  1. We’ve also gone away from the two running back set that’s brought us so much success. I’ve been told here that Demski fills Flanders role and more, but I’d disagree on that. We need to get Harris and Flanders back in the backfield together, with a guy like Demski running the sweeps. We may not be able to throw the ball, but let’s take some heat off of Harris and use our fantastic two back set to run the ball.
  2. Nichols wasn’t very good last nigh (better than last week) our receiving core sans Darvin Adams is terrible. This team is desperate for a Brandon Zlystra if they want to take the next step. If we can’t get anyone from the NFL cuts and Duron Carter is still available, I wonder if we get desperate enough to take that risk.
  3. This team is desperate for another playmaker at receiver and that’s been our Achilles heel for years. Once Darvin or Dressler goes down our entire O falls apart as we only have two threats. I don’t know how we can’t recruit a decent receiver, but if any former cflers come loose on NFL cutdown day we need to throw a pile of cash at them. Oh, and if I ever see Lankford take the field for this team again I’ll cry. I feel like I’m beating a dead horse, but he’s completely useless.
  4. To be fair, I’ve heard we had the same understanding with Matt Coates this year.
  5. We should really stop using him on plays like those sweeps. Dressler would still make for a great number three receiver at this stage, but this offence has been missing a third game breaking receiver for years. Sadly we blew our load on Bowman this past off-season. I would love to see us make a move to get us another good import receiver here.
  6. Oh I don't know, how about the one fumble in the one he's actually played this? Lankford is terrible. He has nothing going for him except straight line speed.
  7. Obviously not Dressler or Adams, but Thompkins? Most likely, yes.
  8. Oh good lord please don't inflict Ryan Lankford upon us. Hopefully Dress is good to go.
  9. Isn't this the guy who chased by the cops and was caught with a bag of crack in his backpack? Or am I just imagining this?
  10. Yet I'd sadly take him as our third starting import without much argument.
  11. Andrew Harris.
  12. Personally, even on TV, I love to hear a rocking crowd. I have no idea why TSN would want to mute that.
  13. Good for them. I like that we aren't peaking too early this year. We're an elite team in this league and we're going to kick the Ticats ass tonight.
  14. Hmm now that Legget's healthy why not let him stay at SAM and play Fenner at HB?
  15. Andrew Harris
  16. Eric Rogers.
  17. Honestly, BLM hasn’t been overly impressive to me all of last year or this year. He was great against the Argos this year, but the rest of his performances have ranged from “meh” to “solid”.
  18. We were 11-7 and 12-6 the last two years respectively, finishing ahead of Edmonton each time. We are one of the elite teams of the league.
  19. Demski and JSK had great games tonight. I never get sick of seeing us beat a team down.
  20. Adams is so short as well, I doubt he can really see the guys coming in on those quick slants or ins over the middle as well. He was way too quick to try and leave the pocket. You can't attempt to roll out when the Esks are blitzing seven guys.
  21. Man the Montreal receivers suck.
  22. The marketing strategy is a good one here - They aren't necessarily targeting the best players, just big names who can potentially get people to tune in. But you aren't wrong, every league sans the NFL and CFL(and I guess arena league) has been a massive failure.
  23. The league doesn't need more challenges. One a game is plenty. What the league does need is for the "eye in the sky" to overturn painfully obvious calls that a challenge shouldn't be wasted on.
  24. Definitely, and one has to wonder how many of those sacks were against the rookie Streveler and how many have been against Nichols. I would bet at least five or six of those sacks have been on Streveler.
  25. I'm personally not a big fan of back to backs aside from Labour Day. Its kind of crazy we finish up with Toronto after seven games before we play Ottawa once, or that we play BC twice in a row before we play Calgary once.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.