Milt Stegall Right On Today's Pregame Show On MOS

USABomberfan

Yup, gotta say he got it right when he referenced Head Coach Michael O'Shea being in trouble if he lost today.  Team is slipping and he seems to be unaware of it.  Too much talent too to be allowing this.

Id say the BOD had better get the message to Miller and him to Walters that underachieving shouldn't be allowed here.  MOS is no rookie head coach anymore so the results have to get better than this.

I'd say if he doesn't make the playoffs, he's gotta be done.  And besides, he was insane to keep Richie Hall around here to ruin the defense.

Also, if he fails to make the playoffs and gets fired, I'd consider putting Nichols on the trade block and giving Streveler a starter's contract.

5 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yup, gotta say he got it right when he referenced Head Coach Michael O'Shea being in trouble if he lost today.  Team is slipping and he seems to be unaware of it.  Too much talent too to be allowing this.

Id say the BOD had better get the message to Miller and him to Walters that underachieving shouldn't be allowed here.  MOS is no rookie head coach anymore so the results have to get better than this.

I'd say if he doesn't make the playoffs, he's gotta be done.  And besides, he was insane to keep Richie Hall around here to ruin the defense.

Also, if he fails to make the playoffs and gets fired, I'd consider putting Nichols on the trade block and giving Streveler a starter's contract.

That's about as stupid as trading 2 first round draft picks for Johnny Manziel.

This team seems to have reached it's best before date.....Most likely slip away until the inevitable...This was a game that could have turned everything around   and we came up empty....Valiant effort but that'll get you a coffee and donut at Timmies....'E' for effort ain't getting it dun...3 losses in a row and staring at a bad end if we drop the next one...Nice goin O'Shea

10 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Only because Nichols value is falling fast.

Nah. Your wrong. The problem is that our team wears blue, has a W on the helmet, and is named the Blue Bombers. You’ve missed it because we should have an S on the helmets, different colours and be named “the Winnipeg Big Purple Vein Chris Strevelers”. 

Edited by Rod Black

5 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

No...because you don't get rid of a experienced starting QB for a QB who has won 1 game.  

We got rid of Kenny Ploen.  Bring him back, he won games and has tons of experience!

Gotta judge it more on what the players offer.  Sure experience counts, but when it's a struggle to hit 200 yards passing week to week there's some big problems.

Hell we ran for more than we passed for, should be easy to hit some passes with that running game and all the attention it takes from the D.

Well, I'm going to BBQ some potatoes and try and put this loss behind me.

In a sad way I sort of expect to be disappointed by this crap club. The last time I was able to enjoy a Grey Cup I was 10. I'll be 40 in a couple years. ****. When you write it out like that it's really something else. We are cursed. 

Oh this thread? Yeah. MOS is a bad coach, no kidding. I'm willing to guarantee if we make the playoffs we're out 1 and done. 5 years of not a single playoff win and you'll surely find idiots defending this guy.

20 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lapo is on thinner ice IMO.

I expect if next week goes anything like every game Nichols has started this season against anyone but the Argos he's going to lose playcalling if not get fired outright.

I can't see an OC getting fired with one-third of the season left.  They will stick it out with him.  Plus who would replace him?

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

I was going to ask you the same thing.  Take the hate goggles off and then re read your post. 

I'm no Nicholls fan but to get rid of him and give Streveler the reigns after limited action.  It's not the right move. 

You might want to take your own advice on reading.  He's talking after the season if they miss the playoffs.  Do you really think Nichols will be the QB next season if they miss the playoffs?

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

I was going to ask you the same thing.  Take the hate goggles off and then re read your post. 

I'm no Nicholls fan but to get rid of him and give Streveler the reigns after limited action.  It's not the right move. 

It was more of an idea of IF his level of play keeps dropping and has zero improvement by seasons end.  He should stay starter the rest of the season, but unless it's been proven he's played the whole season on injuries affecting his mental clock, his starting job should not be any safer than it was for Buck Pierce or Drew Willy.

But your statement of comparing Kavis Reed selling the farm for Manziel to this idea is nothing but ridiculous.

Just now, blueandgoldguy said:

I can't see an OC getting fired with one-third of the season left.  They will stick it out with him.  Plus who would replace him?

Buck.  I bet they give him playcalling if they don't turn it around next week.  Might keep Lapo around to gameplan and coach receivers.  Have a bye after Banjo Bowl.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

You might want to take your own advice on reading.  He's talking after the season if they miss the playoffs.  Do you really think Nichols will be the QB next season if they miss the playoffs?

Ok...are you 100% comfortable with Streveler as our starting QB next season?  Because that's what he's saying as well. 

Think about it

1 minute ago, B-F-F-C said:

Ok...are you 100% comfortable with Streveler as our starting QB next season?  Because that's what he's saying as well. 

Think about it

I'm 100% uncomfortable with Nichols as our QB if it doesn't turn around for the rest of the season to the point where they miss the playoffs.  That basically means they can't win 2 more games in half a season.

Whether it's Streveler or someone else the change needs to be made at that point.  I'd assume if this skid continues through this month it'll happen even sooner.