Blueandgold
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: GDT - Stamps at Bombers
Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
How to beat Calgary Saturday
Get a receiver that can go up and make plays.
-
Paul Lapolice
We’ve also gone away from the two running back set that’s brought us so much success. I’ve been told here that Demski fills Flanders role and more, but I’d disagree on that. We need to get Harris and Flanders back in the backfield together, with a guy like Demski running the sweeps. We may not be able to throw the ball, but let’s take some heat off of Harris and use our fantastic two back set to run the ball.
-
2018 Matt Nichols
Nichols wasn’t very good last nigh (better than last week) our receiving core sans Darvin Adams is terrible. This team is desperate for a Brandon Zlystra if they want to take the next step. If we can’t get anyone from the NFL cuts and Duron Carter is still available, I wonder if we get desperate enough to take that risk.
-
Game Day Thread- Week Ten: Ottawa ALLCAPS @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers August 17, 2018
This team is desperate for another playmaker at receiver and that’s been our Achilles heel for years. Once Darvin or Dressler goes down our entire O falls apart as we only have two threats. I don’t know how we can’t recruit a decent receiver, but if any former cflers come loose on NFL cutdown day we need to throw a pile of cash at them. Oh, and if I ever see Lankford take the field for this team again I’ll cry. I feel like I’m beating a dead horse, but he’s completely useless.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
To be fair, I’ve heard we had the same understanding with Matt Coates this year.
-
Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion
We should really stop using him on plays like those sweeps. Dressler would still make for a great number three receiver at this stage, but this offence has been missing a third game breaking receiver for years. Sadly we blew our load on Bowman this past off-season. I would love to see us make a move to get us another good import receiver here.
-
Week 10: Ottawa Here Friday - - O vs D
Oh I don't know, how about the one fumble in the one he's actually played this? Lankford is terrible. He has nothing going for him except straight line speed.
-
Duron Carter Kicked Off The Farm
Obviously not Dressler or Adams, but Thompkins? Most likely, yes.
-
Practise Observations Aug 13
Oh good lord please don't inflict Ryan Lankford upon us. Hopefully Dress is good to go.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Isn't this the guy who chased by the cops and was caught with a bag of crack in his backpack? Or am I just imagining this?
-
Duron Carter Kicked Off The Farm
Yet I'd sadly take him as our third starting import without much argument.
-
Lock of the Week 9
Andrew Harris.
-
Feedback from the Bombers
Personally, even on TV, I love to hear a rocking crowd. I have no idea why TSN would want to mute that.
-
Game Day Thread- Week Nine: Hamilton @ Winnipeg August 9, 2018
Good for them. I like that we aren't peaking too early this year. We're an elite team in this league and we're going to kick the Ticats ass tonight.
-
Next Game vs Hamilton - Revenge Is In Order
Hmm now that Legget's healthy why not let him stay at SAM and play Fenner at HB?
-
Lock of the Week 9
Andrew Harris
-
Lock of the Week 8
Eric Rogers.
-
Calgary @ Sask
Honestly, BLM hasn’t been overly impressive to me all of last year or this year. He was great against the Argos this year, but the rest of his performances have ranged from “meh” to “solid”.
-
Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018
We were 11-7 and 12-6 the last two years respectively, finishing ahead of Edmonton each time. We are one of the elite teams of the league.
-
Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018
Demski and JSK had great games tonight. I never get sick of seeing us beat a team down.
- Edmonton @ Montreal
- Edmonton @ Montreal
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
The marketing strategy is a good one here - They aren't necessarily targeting the best players, just big names who can potentially get people to tune in. But you aren't wrong, every league sans the NFL and CFL(and I guess arena league) has been a massive failure.
-
Game Day Thread - Bombers @ Argos
The league doesn't need more challenges. One a game is plenty. What the league does need is for the "eye in the sky" to overturn painfully obvious calls that a challenge shouldn't be wasted on.
-
The Rematch: Toronto back here Friday
Definitely, and one has to wonder how many of those sacks were against the rookie Streveler and how many have been against Nichols. I would bet at least five or six of those sacks have been on Streveler.