Everything posted by Atomic
-
Lock of the Week Resuts 1+2 Week (Week 3 entries)
Marquay McDaniel
-
CFL Week 3 Winnipeg vs Montreal Preview
I'd still be surprised if they start Howard at LG. I believe that it will be Paul Swiston.
-
Riders Trade Dwight Anderson to Argos
The CFL doesn't seem to care. It's all about protecting the guys that do the crime. Easy enough to fix. If an illegal act takes an opposing player out, the offender sits (without pay) as long as the injured player does. If the injured player's career is over, so is the offender's career. If an NI player is sidelined permanently, his team gets the offending team's draft pick or an equivalent player from the roster of the offending team. Totally absurd.
-
Willis fined for hit on Collaros
Of course QBs deserve special protection. They are the most vulnerable player on the field on any given play. They need to have protection from head hits, even accidental ones like Willis'.
-
MorningBigBlue.com TSN Weekly Fantasy Contest
I'm getting my ass kicked
-
Injury updates
Why is everyone so high on Peach anyways? I've never seen him play, but from the love he gets here I imagine most of you must have seen him play and liked what you saw?
-
Grigsby
I would like to get Suber on the roster if he is healthy. I don't mind Don Unamba but I believe that Suber would be a little more valuable as a backup DB.
-
Evaluating our punting game
Hajrullahu looked okay at punting in training camp. Maybe he will take over both jobs at some point.
-
GDT: Ottawa @ Winnipeg
Willy might need to learn how to smile instead of playing it Buster Keaton deadpan, especially for those radio interviews. What's a Buster Keaton?
-
Gene Dahlquist
Has he ever even worked in the NFL?? I don't think so.
-
Any updates on Willy's hand?
Why would Calgary let him go?
-
Any updates on Willy's hand?
No, we usually get updates on the first practice day of the week... which should be today, I think.
-
2014 O-Line
They looked ok. Willy has the tendency to hang onto the ball maybe an extra second, he took a lot of sacks when he started for Saskatchewan as well. I believe our tackles, Knapp and January, are ok... not outstanding but definitely passable. The interior still needs work. The problem is that it is very difficult to upgrade your Canadian OL. Look at Edmonton... they needed to improve their OL and the best they could come up with were Justin Sorensen and Andrew Jones. Steve Myddelton was maybe the top OL available in free agency and he has not looked good at all in Hamilton. There is the rare case like Saskatchewan who in 2012 were able to add Labatte, Picard, Heenan, and Xavier Fulton in one off-season, completely overhauling their line with all-star calibre players. But that situation doesn't come around very often. So for the rest of the teams, the best you can hope for is to build through the draft and try to score with the occasional free agent or trade. I feel like we got a steal with Patrick Neufeld... who else's 2014 2nd round draft pick is starting on their OL?? With the additions of Neufeld, Goossen, and Knapp, I think we got better, but there is still a ways to go.
-
Grigsby
Single handedly? Yeah? Demond Washington, Nick Moore, Aaron Kelly... they had nothing to do with it? **** you're stupid. Making my brain hurt.
-
Roster thoughts post game #2 - changes must be made
Nick Saban salary: $7 million Bryant Turner salary: Maybe $125,000 Can't expect CFL players to make the same sacrifices as guys making 70 times more money. Terrible analogy.
-
29,000 seats sold for tonight
Oh god drop it already. Nobody cares about the lack of walk-ups, and even if they did, there is nothing we can do about it now. Write a whiny letter to Asper and seal the envelope with your tears, and stop crying already,
-
Dear Etch
Dear Etch, Sorry for doubting you. Love, Dawgmanistan
-
Closer Look at Canadian Depth
We needed a Canadian to step up and Teague Sherman has, big time. Undrafted. U of M Bison. Sexy as all hell. Big plays. ALL DAY.
-
Modern Family star at Bomber game
It's called CBS, and your grandma loves it. No she doesn't. But my mom does.
-
29,000 seats sold for tonight
27,000 sounds more reasonable as it was announced earlier that they had sold just over 26,000. Oh well. Tough to get people back after last year. Just gotta hope we keep winning. I know I'll be there, I'm gonna crack my first beer of the night in T-minus 30 minutes.
-
Modern Family star at Bomber game
Archer and Arrested development, the two most over rated shows in history. Not surprising because it seems a lot of the same people are involved. They're mildly amusing shows at best but not worth nearly the hype they get. I maintain that the people who rave about those shows are people who are desperately looking for something to like that isn't mainstream. Does "mainstream" even exist anymore? Our entertainment options are so widely varied that there are very few comedies that I would even consider "mainstream".
-
Modern Family star at Bomber game
Other excellent comedies that haven't been mentioned yet: Always Sunny in Philadelphia Workaholics The League
-
Modern Family star at Bomber game
Could never get into Community. It was okay, but nothing special, IMO.
-
WPG vs Ottawa Preview And Thoughts
Not me, I go after their pair of rookie halfbacks early and often.
-
Modern Family star at Bomber game
I kinda ignored Modern Family for the first few years of its existence but once I gave it a try I was hooked. The writing is awesome and they use all the characters well... not many shows on TV these days give me the consistent laughs that I get from Modern Family. Did anyone else realize that Claire is played by the same actress who was Happy Gilmore's girlfriend? That blew my mind.