CFL Draft Day Discussion Thread

Mike

12:00 noon local time- Sportsnet is reporting that they will shortly announce some big CFL news. Hmmmm....

Can't wait to hear what this is. Anyone care to speculate?

Wouldn't that be the news that CFLPA is suggesting a strike vote? It's already 1:20 PM in Sportsnet's EST time zone and that news came out about 90-120 minutes ago.

12:00 noon local time- Sportsnet is reporting that they will shortly announce some big CFL news. Hmmmm....

Can't wait to hear what this is. Anyone care to speculate?

Because Sportsnet is given to hyperbole, I wouldn't be surprised if they just learned that the players are threatening to strike.

First two rounds will also be televised on TSN tonight.  Don't remember it being televised before.   Good to see the CFL draft getting a little more love.

First round. They started broadcasting the first two rounds on TSN.ca in 2008 and then moved it to TSN since 2009... due to hockey and basketball playoffs they are only doing the first round this year.

First two rounds will also be televised on TSN tonight. Don't remember it being televised before. Good to see the CFL draft getting a little more love.

I thought only the first round was on TSN with the remainder on TSN.ca.

Could be, I checked the guide on the TV last night, and thought it said the first two rounds.

Either way, there is an hour of coverage, 7 - 8 I believe.

First two rounds will also be televised on TSN tonight. Don't remember it being televised before. Good to see the CFL draft getting a little more love.

I thought only the first round was on TSN with the remainder on TSN.ca.

Could be, I checked the guide on the TV last night, and thought it said the first two rounds.

Either way, there is an hour of coverage, 7 - 8 I believe.

6-7 Winnipeg time.

Sounds like the team's willing to trade up are:

Edmonton, Montreal, BC.

Edmonton doesn't have a 2nd pick, so it would be tough for someone to want to make that deal.

Austin has been on record as saying that they don't have pressing needs but there is one player they covet and hope he is there at 9. I am wondering if it is Pruneau or Lue, as that defence is changing to two Canadians in the secondary, so the depth will be needed. Perhaps he uses those two 2nd's to his advantage.

I thought last year it was midday, I remember following along online while at work.

Whoops, I took that as late in the day.

I did mean late in the day!  I knew it was later due to the draft, but I never remember it being so late in the day.

I thought last year it was midday, I remember following along online while at work.

Whoops, I took that as late in the day.

I did mean late in the day!  I knew it was later due to the draft, but I never remember it being so late in the day.

Ah! That is correct. They wised up to the clamours of people not wanting to be at work while it is on.

Edmonton, Montreal, BC.

Edmonton doesn't have a 2nd pick, so it would be tough for someone to want to make that deal.

Austin has been on record as saying that they don't have pressing needs but there is one player they covet and hope he is there at 9. I am wondering if it is Pruneau or Lue, as that defence is changing to two Canadians in the secondary, so the depth will be needed. Perhaps he uses those two 2nd's to his advantage.

I think Pruneau is going to be a guy that goes a lot earlier than people expect.

I've thought out scenarios where he goes as high as 3rd.

Edmonton, Montreal, BC.

I think Pruneau is going to be a guy that goes a lot earlier than people expect.

I've thought out scenarios where he goes as high as 3rd.

Agreed. You were one of the first to call his rise back in your March Mock and I saw Dunk has him at #5.

One of those guys who can step in right away and doesn't play on the line... quite rare.

You don't see him in the blue and gold, or only if they trade down?

penton tweeted that bc really wants to move up to #2 and is wondering if walters will give buono want he wants.

# 2 for #5 and #14 or keep #2.

I know they love the guy and nobody wants to give up a roster player, but if I'm Walters, I'm hardballing Buono. I don't want two picks for the #2, I want #5 and a guy like Haidara.