Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kelownabomberfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kelownabomberfan

  1. They sell tickets to practices now? That Wade Miller sure knows how to make money!
  2. ???? Have people gone off the deep end? I think we have gone to the "people can just make up whatever **** they want" end. When did we stop doing that?
  3. because someone else would have done more by now? Seriously what were you expecting? Tom Brady and Matt Ryan to come waltzing in to Winnipeg? It's going to take some patience and an entire off-season to rebuild this team. Let's see what shows up for training camp in 2014, as this season is done.
  4. usually I suck at NFL pools as I don't know enough. The only year I did well was when by some miracle I got Adrian Peterson. That dude can win a pool all by himself.
  5. I'm pretty sure I had this guy in my pool a few years ago, when he was with the Jags.
  6. I think that was confirmed by the fact that he blew the Banjo Bowl game last year and had Renaud punt rather than kick the FG to win the game. Well, how was it that Palardy had no competition in camp then...? Except for one kick by Cameron who we then just cut outright... I think it was explained by the comment "Mack forced that roster move"?
  7. I think that was confirmed by the fact that he blew the Banjo Bowl game last year and had Renaud punt rather than kick the FG to win the game.
  8. Brandon Logan ‏@BrandonWLogan3h As someone who's watched Mike Sims Walker, he is not a good football player. He'll be very slow for CFL standards.
  9. I get to the watch the Ti-Cats come back to earth on Friday live in BC Place. I can't wait to watch "Bad Hank" re-appear. The downside of spending the last two weeks beating up on the CFL's 30 pound weakling is that you get used to everybody being open and no pressure in the pocket. Also - Hamilton's D is going to go back to sucking again which I also can't wait to see.
  10. or maybe Burke said "Henoc, if you agree with what I am telling you turn away in disgust". You never know...
  11. It would seem crazy to think we would not win a game in the new place all season. Now it seems crazy to think we will win one. Edmonton is bad but WAY better than us. Montreal is bad but WAY better than us. We can't score, we can't stop the other team from scoring. Banjo Bowl is going to be painful. Did Reilly make it out of that Sask game uninjured? He kept grimacing every time he got up from yet another freight train named John Chick running over him.
  12. How bout Uncle Rico? he's too good for this team. No one could catch his passes.
  13. Don't see how he won't be picked up by someone else in the NFL though.
  14. I heard on the other site that Boltus is enroute.
  15. Wait until January, we may be able to get Trestman if he bombs out in Chicago.
  16. yeah and the Saskatchewan game is on in the afternoon here too - starts at 1:00 pm. I may be sober by 8:00 pm!! Egads!
  17. from the sound of this article Mack spent the entire time he was GM sitting in a lawn chair sipping mai-tais. I don't get the aversion to signing other team's cast-offs. If you look at some of the schlubs on the Riders that are having great seasons this year it only makes sense that some players may be difference makers for you that couldn't fit in with another team. Why do you think I'm so frigging anti Mack here & why I hated the guy (still do) as a GM & slam him every chance I get? His philosophy sucked & we were stuck with him a year too long when it became apparent he was never going to build a winner here. The whole not talking to other teams is just plain weird. I know that Mack seemed to be kind of distant but on the other hand what's the point of just never talking to anybody else in the league and walling yourself off? Was Mack scared he was going to get fleeced? I don't get it.
  18. from the sound of this article Mack spent the entire time he was GM sitting in a lawn chair sipping mai-tais. I don't get the aversion to signing other team's cast-offs. If you look at some of the schlubs on the Riders that are having great seasons this year it only makes sense that some players may be difference makers for you that couldn't fit in with another team.
  19. thank goodness they cut Logan without even letting him compete in camp Logan wasn't the answer either. He was the Jamie Stoddard of the defence. Just too slow.
  20. There are no bigger homers than the Regina media, and Pedersen is the worst. I'm surprised he isn't doing like that lady in Ontario who wrote the letter about the autistic kid and saying he should be euthanized and his "non-********" parts be donated to science, and saying the same thing about the Bombers. The joke would be on him as we don't have any "non-********" parts. Bombers 1, Science 0.
  21. Total 20-20 Hindsight. If Reilly was shitting the bed right now you wouldn't even be talking about this. Nobody would be. In fact, up until a few weeks ago Reilly was shitting the bed. And I still don't see him getting through this season alive. There is no way he can keep getting smoked like that game in and game out and surviving. Also - if the Bombers had tried for Reilly and failed, by giving up a first round draft pick and cutting QB's, you'd be the first one hollering about how stupid they were. Yeah it was a calculated risk, and a risk that would have resulted in failure. Reilly was going to Edmonton.
  22. He didn't "stand pat with his horses". Mack cut Elliott and Brink and brought in two new guys.
  23. well how about some context at least? Bad start in 08 for Glenn and he did improve his play later in the year, he was also coming off a MOP nomination in 2007. Pierce meanwhile was **** last year and **** this year which is pretty convincing that he's done. We also benefited greatly in 2008 from Hamilton and Toronto sucking so hard. Especially later in the year. Five of our eight wins that year were against pitiful excuses for a team in Hamilton and Toronto. Kind of like we are now.
  24. well except that PIerce wasn't good enough... They won the east final on the strength of the defense and running game. What did Pierce do in the Grey Cup game other than suck balls until garbage time? The thing that no one backing Pierce seems to want to address is that his struggles are not a new thing, he's been going downhill every since 2010 at the earliest and partway through 2011 at the latest. I'm not backing Pierce. I'm just saying that Glenn was brutal in 2008. Was that all his fault? I don't think so. Our schemes were terrible. Glenn proved that by turning it all around in Hamilton under MB in 2009-11. I think Glenn is a good QB and I would rather have him here in Winnipeg now than what we've got.
  25. The first round pick never guaranteed they would get Reilly though! Why in gods name do some of you pretend like it was as simple as trade the pick and sign Reilly? The guy was obviously more interested in going to Edmonton than anywhere else to start with. Oh no. Here comes Round 43967345 with TBurg in the "We could have had Reilly" never-ending argument. Hindsight is always 20-20. Reilly is looking better and better. How he is still upright is what is really impressing me, given the pounding that guy has taken this year. Tate, Buck, Nichols all would have been in the hospital right now if they had endured that kind of punishment. I nor anyone else on this board are really privy to what really went on in the pre-season with Reilly and the Eskimos, and what Mack tried to do. If we had cut all of our QB's and given Reilly the number one role going into TC, and tampered and broke the rules by negotiating with him before the free agent deadline, could we have gotten Reilly? At the stage he was at, with two starts under his belt, was he worth doing it for? Now I'd say "yes". At the time, it was a huge gamble. So of course, "NOW" we can say that the Bombers should have pulled out all of the stops, traded picks, cut people, and offered boatloads of money to get Reilly here. And even after all of that, he probably most likely wouldn't have come. But anyone who says that it was a no-brainer decision that should have been done is just flat-out lying.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.