Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kelownabomberfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kelownabomberfan

  1. Also looking at the stats, it's amazing that I forget what an impact Charles Roberts had on our offence. I think for a lot of years, Charles Robert carried this team's offence all on his own. I look at 2008 and I see bad stats for passing, yet we were still in games and getting points all because of one guy, CR. Now that we have no running game, we can't hide the fact that we also have no passing game. So everything is exposed. I still scratch my head when I think we let CR go when we did during the 2008 season. All because Berry and CR didn't get along. So dumb. So many bad decisions between 2008 and now. Unbelievable.
  2. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I remember Glenn was pitiful in 2008. I just looked back at the stats from the first five games and I was right. Glenn threw 7 interceptions and 2 TD's in the first 5 games of the season that year, before Dinwiddie took over. Glenn was playing scared that year because of his broken arm, and of course he had a terrible OC. I went to a practice that year after Dinwiddie took over number one spot and I could tell Glenn just didn't care. He didn't want to be here anymore.
  3. Glenn was benched for 3 games. His huge September brought his numbers way up, but he had some truly awful games in 2008. but not nearly as awful as Pierce has been lately, that's the main point to take. I don't know about that. Glenn stunk in 2008 pretty bad. I think a lot of it had to do with having Kit "I'm the mirror-image of Crowton" Cartwright as the OC. He was about as knowledgable about the Canadian game as Bart Andrus and Gary Busey.
  4. In my opinion, if we had stuck with Michael Bishop in 2010 instead of signing Buck Pierce, this team would be in a better situation right now. Because I would be cheering for the Lions now?
  5. don't feed his ego please. Just make sure you also let him know how great the Cal Murphy era truly was. He loves that.
  6. Not sure why you're trying to prove your clearly flawed opinion by comparing Buck to KG. Glenn averaged 22 TD's and 3900 yds per year from '05-'08. Buck has thrown 25 TDs and about 6000 yds in his entire Bomber career!!! Yeah, we were probably dumb dumping Glenn when we did, but suggesting we're about to make the same mistake with Buck is laughable. The difference between cutting Buck and cutting Glenn is that after we cut Glenn someone else in Canada wanted him. Buck may be lucky to catch on as a 3rd stringer with an Arena league team. Perhaps Gene Simmons wants him as his QB for his new team.
  7. Well Sask at 4 NI's on the line. Somehow they are doing fine. It's not an import v non-import issue, it's about finding quality players. We haven't done that, while Sask has. And guess who is doing better.
  8. Taman at least understands the value of a good O-Line. He spent the money on Labatte and Picard and Best and it is paying dividends big time. Meanwhile, their first selection in 2012 is now playing tackle, and NI tackles are worth their weight in gold. Meanwhile our NI tackle taken two spots below the Riders pick is still sitting on our 9 game injured list. Just think if we had Pencer and Swiston at tackle, we'd have 5 NI O-linemen. Our entire D could be imports.
  9. Could start 3 Canadians at receiver when Watson comes back Swiston at tackle instead of the human turnstyle Boatman?
  10. does anyone know why Buck came in for one series? I couldn't figure that one out. He came close to getting a first down so that was at least something positive. If he had thrown the ball to Denmark properly we would have gotten the first down.
  11. with Bellfail in as OC, I expect a call has already been placed to Quinton Porter.
  12. There was a time where I would have said that we shouldn't sign guys that were on crappy defences, but the fact is that there are no crappier defences out there anymore. Bo knows losing at least, so he should fit right in.
  13. when things started to fall apart in the second half I thought about going over to the Rum Hut but I looked over there and it was densely packed with humanity, so I just settled for $7 budweisers for the rest of the night.
  14. I'd tend to believe you here but I also know that the Illuminati control the Bombers so...
  15. back in Kelowna now....
  16. Drinking Fort Garry Dark at Buck's right now....delicious...
  17. I just met Paul Swiston's parents in the airport. They were on my flight from Calgary. They are pumped to see him start tonight. I told them I am pumped too.
  18. There's got to be a homeless shelter in Winnipeg he could move into so he could feel at home. East Hastings has nothing on downtown Winnipeg Hugh!
  19. Drinking at Buck's Whole Hog from 3 until 5:30 then catching the shuttle to the game. Will be wearing a Muamba jersey (Henoc). If you see me don't be a stranger!
  20. Yeah I sincerely hope that fatherhood truly has matured Sandra. The last thing we need now is another headache.
  21. he's a Blue Bomber now. Everything he says is going to be spun negatively.
  22. He'll play again, but it will be inside an arena.
  23. I hope you are right Iso. I agree.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.