Defense!

SPuDS

wow. our line ruined ACs day.. dunn is apparently good? lol.

if offense can get it together and we can get some ball control issues fixed... we may have a solid squad here..

oh and palardy, cooooooome on maaaaaaan... and hope turner is ok..

O moved the ball well at times...but then turned it over...

The D...want can a guy say...they even got a sack off a 3 man rush...

offense is close.. needs fine tuning.. our defense tho is scary if they keep this up.. montreals oline was embarrassed.. turner ruined flory.. without touching him at times!

Brilliant defense.

and don't dare say our O moved the ball well, aside from 1or 2 lucky drives they were brutal all game.

meh, scored when they needed too.. get rid of the turnovers and its a winnable offense when we figure out how to make blitzers pay...

offense always behind the defense in terms of the learning curve....that's just how it works. They're a work in progress, and as long as they continue to get better as the year goes on, I'll be happy.

yup i agree.. and its new to boot.. its not like buck and the offense have been in it for years... its gonna have warts to burn off..

The adjustment Montreal made was the same one they made last week.  Put 8 guys on the line and run them at Pierce.  Should be the easiest adjustment to make because he's got 5 on 4 or 4 on 4 away from the blitz.  Quick routes and get rid of the ball.

I'm actually worried about what the argos defense will do to pierce. I don't think their secondary is all that great, but they will blitz Pierce from all over and I don't see him being able to recognize it and make the throws needed to slow them down at all. 

Our defence was very good but we have to consider that Montreal seems to be heading to self-destruct mode...  in the last two minutes, it sure seemed like Calvillo called his own plays and it worked - all too well.  I think it will be a mess in Mtl with Calvillo forcing himself to listen to newbies all season long...

That being said, Anderson is a monster (possibly better than Gilmore), Parker has shown way better than I thought, Washington is excellent and Dunn I am not convinced.  He ends up with some big plays but to be honest, he is not all that involved.

JJ had a strong game I thought, same with BStew and Suber, Henoc was huge as usual...

Difference makes:

1. Anderson

2. Henoc

3. Suber

Our defence was very good but we have to consider that Montreal seems to be heading to self-destruct mode...  in the last two minutes, it sure seemed like Calvillo called his own plays and it worked - all too well.  I think it will be a mess in Mtl with Calvillo forcing himself to listen to newbies all season long...

That being said, Anderson is a monster (possibly better than Gilmore), Parker has shown way better than I thought, Washington is excellent and Dunn I am not convinced.  He ends up with some big plays but to be honest, he is not all that involved.

JJ had a strong game I thought, same with BStew and Suber, Henoc was huge as usual...

Difference makes:

1. Anderson

2. Henoc

3. Suber

Yup...JJ was great...two fumbles on special teams...the last one had the ball in the wrong hand and carrying it like a loaf of bread...could have lost us the game...

Also another pass interference to keep a drive going for Montreal

Yes he was marvelous!

Difference makes:

1. Anderson

2. Henoc

3. Suber

I think you're being a little unfair to Dunn. I understand that the people, including myself, that are heaping him with praise are looking at him subjectively since he looked poor in the pre-season and is still in his first couple of games in his career at a strange position but even then, not a single person looked this good at SAM last year. I don't think any DB looked incredibly involved because Calvillo only got 28 balls off and looked all around the field, but even exluding the pick (which was a great play) his coverage was real tight and I only remember one play in which a catch was made on him and it was made in front of him and he limited it to a short gain, I figure he will only get better and it will allow us to play Sears in a more natural CB position where he is a premier player.

Plus he just looks like more of a SAM than Sears. He is THICK.

I didn't hear Alex Hall's name all night.  It seemed like Mainor, Turner and Anderson were getting all of the sacks.  When Gilmore is ready to come back, is it possible that Anderson stays in and Hall comes out?

More likely that Harris comes off.  Sounds like Turner could be out for awhile though with a serious rib injury.