Blue Sign Two: Aaron Woods & Taylor Renaud

Jpan85

Woods (5-6, 180, Portland State, DOB: August 5, 1986 in Portland, Oregon) spent the last few seasons in the United Football League where he was a solid return man, winning the league’s special teams player of the year award in 2011 after finishing second in the league in all-purpose yards and averaging 23.6 yards per kickoff return.  He was a dynamic player at Portland State, leading the team in receiving as a junior with 66 receptions for 1,028 yards and six touchdowns, while also setting school records for kick returns (35) and kick return yards in a season (908) that he later broke the following year.  His career statistics of 88 kickoff returns for 2,222 yards are all-time school records.

I am thinking this is in response to JJ's fumbleitis.

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/index.ssf/2009/10/portland_state_football_energe.html

"Before you even see Aaron play in the game, you ought to see him every day in practice," Vikings coach Jerry Glanville said. "Here's a better question: Does anybody in the Big Sky work any harder on every play in practice AND enjoy it more? That's really what he's all about.

"A lot of kids will come and try to play on Game Day. This guy plays football every snap, every day. And if I was a young kid watching him, I'd say, 'I want to be like that. That's how I want to work.'"

Good things to read about a new player.

Looks like Dickenson still wants a dedicated return guy...  would love to see that instead of JJ and even Washington - but how do we fit him on the roster?

Right now we are DI at DB, DL and RB... no?  Does he replace Will Ford?

Looks like Dickenson still wants a dedicated return guy...  would love to see that instead of JJ and even Washington - but how do we fit him on the roster?

Maybe he replaces a rec on the roster?

My guess one of the 2 import backs will come off the 42. Although he needs to see a couple weeks before he is activated.

Woods (5-6, 180, Portland State, DOB: August 5, 1986 in Portland, Oregon) spent the last few seasons in the United Football League where he was a solid return man, winning the league’s special teams player of the year award in 2011 after finishing second in the league in all-purpose yards and averaging 23.6 yards per kickoff return.  He was a dynamic player at Portland State, leading the team in receiving as a junior with 66 receptions for 1,028 yards and six touchdowns, while also setting school records for kick returns (35) and kick return yards in a season (908) that he later broke the following year.  His career statistics of 88 kickoff returns for 2,222 yards are all-time school records.

I am thinking this is in response to JJ's fumbleitis.

My wish has come true.   :)