Everything posted by GCJenks
-
Grey Cup Party Menu Thead
Just wondering what everyone else is planning for their celebration meal and snacks. I usually smoke some wings but after last year leaning towards mixing it up with some Ribs or possibly a TriTip. Decisions, decisions.
- 2023 Grey Cup Pick 'Ems
-
GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions
They looked pretty good warming up, no surprise here.
-
GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions
Make fewer mistakes and we win. GO BLUE GO!!!
-
Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition
Listening I was “someone get this guy a Valium. OH ****, that’s Noaller!!!”
-
Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition
Could @Noellerbe any more excited on the radio??? Great interview Corey.
-
Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition
I don’t believe you, damn Alberta DINK’s are all loaded… (I kid, I kid…)
-
2023 Finals Pick 'Ems
I am honored to even make the list at all, simply showing up means something... I thought I was doing well this year and got picks in every week then week 19 or 20 happened, too much life got in the way and I missed the week. Better than usual as I often have 2 or 3 bran fart weeks in which I forget. Rich, Thanks again for hosting this board and sending me the invite when you started it up.
-
The RIP 2023 Thread
Here's the thing, you do comment on many of these, scroll back a couple of pages and there is a comment about **** Butkus, ECW/WCW wrestling and addiction and alcoholism. You participate as much as anyone so stop being a hypocrite and stop suggesting it should be shut down and no one should talk about these things. You avail yourself of the freedoms to chat here, why suggest that others shouldn't?
-
Restaurant/food thread
I don't think I have seen this one mentioned before, apologies to iHeart if it has. In the previous Za Pizza location on Regent is a new Shawarma place called Osmow's. Saw on Saturday but the rest of the family was not feeling adventurous. https://osmows.com/shawarma-regent-avenue-winnipeg/
-
The RIP 2023 Thread
You can always choose not to read or comment either...
-
GDT: Game 9 vs Wheeler's back
Fughin Sportsnet. If anyone sees a link to the Wheeler video tribute, please post it here.
-
3 stars plus hh turning cowtown info browntown
I agree it isn't the Bombers style, is there any trade value to Lawler's contract?
-
3 stars plus hh turning cowtown info browntown
I believe the best receiver in the league will be Schoen for the next few years, it doesn’t make sense to me to pay $500K plus for two #1 receivers. There are only so many touches a single player can get in a game and Iwould much rather have Schoen and Bailey for $400k.
-
3 stars plus hh turning cowtown info browntown
Lawler is great but Bailey inspires greatness in others. We can likely afford Bailey and Schoen, I don’t know how we afford a Lawler and Schoen. Schoen is the future, we need to retail him.
-
3 stars plus hh turning cowtown info browntown
In my mind, Lawler is nice to have, Bailey is a must have. If we can only have one I would chose Bailey.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I don't cheer against Bobby Dice unless we are playing OTT, actively cheer against the Riders, Chris Jones or last year Montreal after they did Khari dirty. In games we aren't playing I don't normally cheer for or against anyone, but against all the previous all the time.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I agree but I would hate to see it in Sask. I hope it's somewhere where I can at least not actively cheer against him every game.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I won’t be able to find the source but maybe @DTonOB can confirm that Osh has said he’s a coach and not a GM or something like that. They are different skills sets and he only has one of them or something like that.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Not sure how O’day signs a new contract, if he was on an expiring contract they should have just let him move on and away they go with a fresh start without an additional salary cap hit. If he had a year left and they extended further, they are dumber that what I flush down the toilet…
-
Elks @ West Division Champs: The Game (that no longer matters) Day Thread
The last of any rain should clear the area anytime now, a great fall day for some football 🏈. Would love a 3pm start but will work with 6. Go Blue!!!
-
Elks @ Bombers: Week Of Thread
As a pure pay cheque difference would it matter to Lawson if he is listed as started over Thomas? Is that the key to any bonuses paid for "Starts" or is a start being on the roster and playing? I haven't studied the charts but it seems like Lawson is on the field more often that Thomas, does it matter to the player how they are listed?
-
The Tech Thread
5 years ago I was where you are now, I currently wear an Apple Watch from when I get up until I go to bed with few exceptions. Yes, I use it to monitor daily activity and it’s a pretty good “coach” to make sure you close your rings everyday, especially as I head in to my mid 50’s I need to be ever vigilant about my health. I also appreciate not needing to always pull my phone out and see who is calling, looking at my wrist to see “likely fraud” and reject the call is very easy (though, now that the election is over these calls are less frequent. More than anything for me it’s almost more a remote control for my phone than anything else.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I’d laugh but really it’s sad to think this man is employed in professional football.
-
Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I hadn't noticed or paid any attention to him until that game and have been very impressed in what I have seen so far. I keep meaning to go back and rewatch but did he get in on defense in the 4th quarter against the Lions?