Everything posted by GCJenks
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
This exactly, why aren't the Als facing and backlash on this? Guys betting on games they are playing in is usually only bad for the team...
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
The Bombers don’t pay players to attend businesses, businesses pay for that. I know from having given Milt envelopes of cash back in the day.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I expect this money gets paid to players for their school appearances in schools for I Love to Read Month and other things like that.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
Anyone else feel that the player that refused to answer questions during the investigation should face repercussions as well? I'm of the mind, if you aren't working to solve the problem, you are part of the problem. Hopefully he gets subpoenaed for the court case and tells the truth. F$%K the "Double Blue" line...
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
I think the fact that CK is in Toronto and will be at Training Camp in Pinball's words "because the league says he could" is a real bad look for the Argos. If he can't play for a minimum of 9 weeks, IF he does the assigned tasks and is approved by a third party he shouldn't be around the team until he has at least begun this work. I did not get the sense from Pinball that he gets it, mostly that he's trying to toe a very fine line with the league but really is trying to protect his guys. Maybe more than ever I think he and Murphy as a minimum need to go.
-
Around The NHL 2023-24
I didn't realize that Utah had to wait until 2025-2026 to launch their team. I am surprised it isn't this year... Further conversation on Team names and colours...
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
This is the part that is so weird to me, a floor set for spending on this, in a league that tries to control all spending to make things "fair". I wonder if such an amount exists for the Ops groups and not just players cap.
-
The Airline Thread
That’s a great deal. I paid almost $900 for that trip last fall for a conference.
- The Music Thread
-
Random Jets News
I will always appreciate Coach Bowness for all he accomplished here and the culture change that occurred under his leadership. I will not be please is Arniel is automatically anointed "The Next One", has he not been the one responsible for our abysmal PP and PK the last couple of years? I always loved the Jets 1.0 connection but he needs to win the job as the best candidate.
-
The Winnipeg Thread
Collectible stores seem to be common targets. Cancentral has had several incidents since their move to Milt Stegall drive.
-
Game 79 : @ put the peDAL to the metal
The boys will be popping off in the Deep Elum neighborhood tonight. Brossoit played the game he needed to and got a ton of support. Didn’t get to see the whole game but what I did see they looked great.
-
Game 79 : @ put the peDAL to the metal
I hope Brossoit knew he was starting yesterday. He is fond of a certain divey piano bar in Dallas and has been seen there way after curfew the night before games before... (Of course this was during his first tenure with the team and he seems to be more serious about his game now.)
-
The 2024 Grim Reaper Thread
And today the world is a better place. I will never forget where I was when the freeway chase happened, in Duluth, MN and to the surprise of all the Canadians in the room there were some people cheering for him to get away. Like WTF???
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
My 11 year old listens to more Green Day because of that game. If nothing else I call that a parenting win coming out of that crap day.
-
Next merch purchase
I sure hope they aren't partnering with Access to supply card processing in the stadium. Access can't even provide a stable e-transfer system for their clients, can't imagine they can handle the processing from an event the magnitude of a Banjo Bowl.
-
Restaurant/food thread
Just tried Bahn Mi King for the first time today and it is incredible. Of course I can't eat the bread but one of my coworkers had a sub and is raving. I had a beef salad and my mouth is drooling...
-
Restaurant/food thread
West Kildonan or Seven Oaks neighbourhood. The White Top drive in. Where we grabbed supper last night is North End.
-
Restaurant/food thread
I have to assume in the location that was most recently operating as Scoops. Scoops has never been the same since moving from the original location and 9 Below or what ever that place is called is just not the same either. Scoops used to be the best place in the city to get a traditional "malt" or "malted" but alas those days seem to be behind us. Have to settle for the ones from Sargent Sundae for the few months of the year that machine is dedicated to them and not other seasonal flavours. Not like I complain when it changes to Pumpkin Pie Soft Serve in the fall, possibly some of the best ice cream served in WPG that isn't Dug and Betty's. Yeah, yeah, I know what about Chaeban and Fete, I like what I like...
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
Can’t say much on the other measures but where was the 40 run? Down the hallway of the hotel? Was there sufficient run out room at the end? Measures like that shouldn't be compared unless taken under the same conditions.
-
General Hobbyist Thread
There has to be some places locally you can shop. Here we have a Samsonite store in the outlet mall, UN Luggage and last I looked The Bay still stocks some. When I bought mine Samsonite online & Amazon had it on sale, I was able to see it in person at The Bay but they would not price match so I ordered online.
-
General Hobbyist Thread
I have a Samsonite Xenon 2 Spinner briefcase that I use when I travel to trade shows and am collecting crap all day as I walk around and it will be the last item of theirs I ever own. I have had issues with it since the first time I have used it but none of them were deemed warranty and repair/replacement was denied. I have the same Stanley Thermos and a Navy Blue coffee tumbler that is one of the best I have used but the 3 piece top is a pain to clean.
-
Restaurant/food thread
Any chance you’ll look at a Gluten Free batter and dedicate a fryer to GF items? I know people that will drive all over for that. GF deep fried cheese curds is something I’ve drive to Fargo for…
-
General Hobbyist Thread
In on the hunt for a new EDC bag with potential for use as a personal item when travelling. Have done a bunch of reading on so e of the EDC forums on Reddit and other places and have a hard time deciding. Any thoughts? Thinking 26-28L, would like it clean lines. Laptop,iPad slots usual daily pack out, Yeti water bottle and coffee tumbler. I really like my Thule Subterra spinner carryon and am drawn to the Thule Accent 26 backpack. Thoughts? Recommendations?
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
@Mark H. what say you?