Everything posted by GCJenks
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
Stronson? Or maybe he wouldn't ever come out from behind his keyboard...
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I HATE this signing so much. I just can't think of any situation that this is good for us. Of anyone that we should have been okay letting walk he gets re-signed? F#&K it is going to be a long season of watching Zack on his back.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
T & B will need to calm themselves a bit, can't imagine them at a game with him playing considering how excited they are normally.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I sure hope this kicker is the real deal, could be the next Bob Cameron and move here for life, well, maybe moving to your in-laws home town isn’t the draw one might think it could be…
-
Restaurant/food thread
Not true, if you go to the original KP Facebook post they comment that it is going in the building with Qdoba and the under construction nail salon. The construction in the lot itself is for future development. What kills me about Sorrento’s is that the menu has a great looking pasta dish on it that is let one of their menu items, some stock photo the designer used…
-
Restaurant/food thread
Last spring while my MIL was in Seven Oaks we ate at the McPhilips location a few times. Pizza and salads are good but the rest of the menu falls a little flat. I have a hard time seeing this be a full concept location given the old Fast Fired location they are going in too. I hope success for all locals but this one makes me wonder…
-
Restaurant/food thread
Someone on Reddit is posting weekly updates… https://www.reddit.com/r/Winnipeg/s/UmNX1DIIRr
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I have a 2011 East Division Championship T that we bought for our entire staff in preparation for Grey Cup. We all wore the. To work the Friday before, I imagine this we meant to be out before GC itself.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
If I remember correctly they did like a 12 days of Christmas with the announcement of a new signing each day as we approached year end. I expected there to be a couple more by now after Willie early in the week.
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
I sure am glad I caught up on this thread on my lunch break, not during a Teams call or something...
-
The TV Thread
I have to fly to Toronto for a couple days later this month. I’ve decided to wait and watch them on my trip. Easier to not start and then binge than wait each week.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
I'm not sure the format but possibly even an allowance for certain % increase for increases after the first 3 years. 5% /year for the next three, 7.5% for years 7 to 9 or some other sort of escalator.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
I think the front office cap should have an adjustment specifically for longevity. As must as the Naturalized Canadian Rule is confusing it provides an incentive for staying with the same time longer, the same should happen for staff that stay with teams for a long period of time.
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I wonder how many Consultant contracts Pinnacle Staffing Solutions has signed lately... I can't remember is Kyle said it in his official presser or on CJOB that morning "Wade found a way to make it happen..."
-
2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)
I am choosing to believe that Buck was doing his Bomber best and trolling the Riders by feigning interest and driving the price up, further crippling them for the future seasons.
-
The TV Thread
New Season of Slow Horses premiered on Apple TV+ yesterday. I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, looking forward to this one.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
Thank you. I was rushing on a quick lunch break and had just heard the news on the radio and the first thread was the Move on From. Collaros and it was “Hot” and nothing in there and grabbed the wrong one after that.
-
2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News
How am I here posting Walter’s two year extension before anyone else. Does no one listen to radio anymore? https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/11/28/blue-bombers-and-general-manager-kyle-walters-agree-to-terms-on-two-year-extension/
-
The Winnipeg Thread
3rd overall and 1st for raising a family, pretty proud of the city I moved out of to live in the country… (I don’t feel it is hypocritical, more ironic really)
-
The Winnipeg Thread
On the same weekend the Globe and Mail rates us Third most livable city in the country...
-
The Winnipeg Thread
Despite the cost it is the right answer. 3 or 4 Billion to move it now or 700 Million for Arlington Bridge and then 1.5B for Slaw Rebchuk and on and on in to the future. The possible economic boon from the area currently covered by the rail yard was estimated at 4 or 5 times the cost of moving it (if my memory is correct). How many housing units could be built on that land (after remediation) and the societal gains from removing the division between the North and the rest of the city would have a value as well, but I have no idea how to place an amount on it. We need to get past doing the cheapest right now and start doing the best for ever solution.
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
Could we get so lucky as for DT get called up to the “bigs” could Derek Traitor become DTonTSN??? Oh we can hope!!!
-
The TV Thread
Is anyone else watching Lessons in Chemistry on AppleTV? Watched the most recent episode after tonight’s debacle in Hamilton and I have to say, I really enjoy that show. Not at all what I would normally choose but very well written and told.
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
I don’t really know but it doesn't seem like he’s the problem. How about that?
-
Which Vets do we cut next season
I would start with a Ritchie Hall retirement, and possibly replacing Paul Boudreaux (SP) as special reams coordinator, Players we need to know who is staying first, can we re-sign Oliveira and Schoen? I would be willing to move on my Zach if that means we can get Strevy. Eli needs to start at C, and as much as it pains me, maybe Grey to RT for Hardrick. I can’t see Augustine back but he is good on specials. On Defence, Thomas and Biggie for sure and then a couple new fresh cheap Canadian LB’s for specials.