voodoochylde
Moderators
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: GDT - Stamps at Bombers
Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
who determines on when to pull the qb?
He may have been the least of our problems but when you fail to stretch the field, if only to keep the defence honest, keep checking down or throwing underneath .. you're not the solution .. there's a reason our running game can't get going .. teams don't respect our ability to pass the ball.
-
Season Starts After Labour Day
And I seem to recall MB committing to the run game at the start of the year .. said all the right things but never actually followed through .. the first SSK game was the most balanced we have been all year .. too bad it went all downhill from there.
-
Fire O'Shea
Stop saying that. You can't add Burke and MOS records together. Stop posting on here when you're drunk.I'm not drunk, why would you say that?The record is what is over the last 3 1/2 years, whether you accept it or not. We have a guy on the staff who has a better record as a HC and has actually made the playoffs with his teams in consectutive years. Call it mediocre but you have to actually MAKE THE PLAYOFFS in order to have any chance of winning. Actually the guy on the staff (you're referring to) is the only guy who HAS been here those 3 1/2 years .. and can be accountable for that record you keep trotting out. He's part of the problem.
-
Bombers Blown Out by 0 & 9 Team ... Oh well, yawn
Again without the recovery .. those points don't get scored .. a play is a play and mistakes happen because that unit was generating constant pressure those first 15 minutes. It was a case of trying to slow the Bomber rush down with a bit of misdirection. It wasn't run well .. but they don't go to their bag of tricks if the Bomber defence isn't executing.
-
Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed
I'll simply ask the question to promote some discussion .. is it that we lack talent of that we aren't putting our talent in a position to succeed? Clearly we have playmakers on this team and clearly we lack high end Canadian talent (won't be fixed overnight) .. so in my mind, it's probably a bit of both .. thoughts?
-
Bombers Blown Out by 0 & 9 Team ... Oh well, yawn
The D is not 'folding' they are getting scorched in second half's because the opposition is making adjustments (when they aren't taking stupid undisciplined penalties). These are deeper rooted problems than just running out of gas.It has to be disheartening to a proud player who is giving his all on defence and who knows the game is winnable if only the fourletterwording offense could play even half-decent. I don't wonder at the frustration penalties.The offense gave them a 10 nothing lead to run with.The defence put the offence in position to score 7 of those points. The offence showed ZERO sign they were capable of sustaining any sort of drive from the second quarter on. It wasn't our defence putting the offence in a good spot. It was a huge error by the Riders offence that gave our offence a very short field.It was an error on SSKs part true .. without the recovery .. it's a punt and change in field position (albeit marginally with the wind) and again, you're relying on an inept offence to move the ball.The defence got pressure early in this game .. they WERE doing their part.
-
Bombers Blown Out by 0 & 9 Team ... Oh well, yawn
The D is not 'folding' they are getting scorched in second half's because the opposition is making adjustments (when they aren't taking stupid undisciplined penalties). These are deeper rooted problems than just running out of gas.It has to be disheartening to a proud player who is giving his all on defence and who knows the game is winnable if only the fourletterwording offense could play even half-decent. I don't wonder at the frustration penalties.The offense gave them a 10 nothing lead to run with.The defence put the offence in position to score 7 of those points. The offence showed ZERO sign they were capable of sustaining any sort of drive from the second quarter on.
-
Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed
Have to agree with the poster who suggested that there would be a riot (or simply a bleakness that overcomes the fan base) if MB was to be promoted to HC. It will never happen. I like and respect O'Shea. I believe players respond to him. That said, his downfall will be in hiring a weak staff. They corrected the problem on the defensive side of the ball this year in hiring Hall. That unit has gotten steadily better but you can see the frustration growing there. Yet, the O goes two and out after two and out with seemingly little accountability .. that's tough to swallow and I don't think O'Shea will get to correct that mistake. I have a lot of thoughts about the org as a whole but am just on my phone right now .. maybe if I actually care enough when I get to a computer. I'll put them down.
-
Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion
@Wpg_BlueBombers 2m2 minutes ago #Bombers release QB Tyler Russell, running back Tyler Thomas.
-
NFL Cuts
Verbal agreement with Lemon ,, probably just waiting until the I's are dotted and T's crossed.
-
Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols
It's more shot put type action rather than an actual throw ..
-
Brohm to start LDC?
... FFS ...
-
Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols
Does he start next game? Is Brohm shown the door to make room? I'll say this .. if I have to watch Brohm one hop passes again I'll be terribly .. terribly disappointed. To that Mike said:"Out of my cold dead hands". Great move for free. How did Walters do that? HAHA Riders... You lose again. Really wanted to say .. "Lose my ****" but being a mod .. took the high road this time .. can't guarantee I'll be as composed if I actually have to watch that waste take the field again.
-
Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols
Does he start next game? Is Brohm shown the door to make room? I'll say this .. if I have to watch Brohm one hop passes again I'll be terribly .. terribly disappointed.
-
Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols
Make that trade all day .. every day .. 7th round pick is essentially a throw away ..
-
Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols
@ArashMadani Per #CFL sources: Matt Nichols to the Blue Bombers. In exchange the Eskimos get a conditional seventh round pick in 2017.
-
Bombers Trade for Matt Nichols
Just saw that .. well .. can't say this crew is standing pat.
-
Taman and Chamblin Fired
Trading draft picks for talent and leaving a team cap strapped and devoid of talent three years down the road?
-
Dunk: Chevon Walker to sign with Winnipeg
No .. MB was with the Nighthawks (Omaha of the UFL) when Walker came into the league in 2012
-
Taman and Chamblin Fired
@bendersun Just wondering: Will Taman become next #bombers GM. I don't know if he's serious .. or trolling per usual (I generally find Bender to be one of the most uninformed twits on twitter) .. but please for the love of all that's holy .. just say no to Taman back in Winnipeg .. let's just remove that possibility from our minds ..
-
Taman and Chamblin Fired
Price of buying a Grey Cup a few years ago.
-
Dunk: Chevon Walker to sign with Winnipeg
What a colossal waste of a roster spot ..
-
NFL Cuts
In a league starved for NI talent, you could probably get an asset in return if the team decided to go that route..
-
NFL Cuts
Might not be as open and shut as that .. LOL Oops. It's all good .. just couldn't resist.
-
NFL Cuts
Might not be as open and shut as that ..