Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Zylstra just signed a futures contract with the Vikes.
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
Looks like the Bombers have signed Nevis to a one year contract.
-
Best Wishes to All
Merry Christmas all. Hoping Santa treated everyone well!
-
solving a QB
With respect to Warner, at that point in time, he was something of a journeyman .. bouncing around after going undrafted in 94. He started that season as the backup to Green but Green blew out his knee in preseason. So yeah .. he did carry St. Louis through the entire season but was the backup going into that year.
-
solving a QB
In the NFL, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Trent Dilfer (with the help of a pretty amazing Baltimore defense) and Terry Bradshaw are all guys who immediately come to mind as backups who have led their teams to championships (I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them off the top of my head). I can't think of a recent CFL quarterback to do it .. but honestly, it's becoming more and more common that a starter goes down at some point during a season and a backup takes over for a stretch and ultimately helps a team 'get there'.
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
The offensive line, without Bond, is worse. There’s no arguing that. I also think we will feel that loss if he dies indeed move on in free agency.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I guess 65 yards a game counts as dominating these days?
-
Vince McMahon considers move to bring back the XFL
Simple things are a struggle sometimes.
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
Now I'm hoping they can turn their attention to some of our Free Agent DBs ..
-
Blue Bomber Free Agent List
Discuss the topic, not each other. When in doubt, use the ignore function. Thanks all.
-
When do we fire Richie Hall?
Got your back.
-
When do we fire Richie Hall?
At least inside the 20s. I agree with the poster who said we need to finish more drives. This has been a problem with our offense going on two seasons now (and is in part why Medlock had such a tremendous season last year. He had a glut of opportunity). That's not to say Nichols isn't a solid quarterback and I am *not* heaping blame solely on his shoulders but we settle for 3s far more often than we should. That's a problem.
-
Talks with Mulumba
An impactful, experienced NI middle linebacker? If we're committed to starting a Canadian at that position (and I'm not convinced that it's the BEST use of the ratio) then we'd be hard pressed to find someone better. I'll never begrudge *any* player for trying to maximize their earning potential. Careers, especially in the CFL, are short and when weighed against the cost of real, long term health concerns .. every dollar means something.
-
Bombers Re-sign Neufeld and Hardrick
For whatever reason I thought he'd reworked his contract earlier this year. Well dammit.
-
Bombers Re-sign Neufeld and Hardrick
I think the only one of our starters not under contract at this time is Bond.
-
Bombers Re-sign Neufeld and Hardrick
Continuity on the offensive line is such a huge thing .. this is good news.
-
When do we fire Richie Hall?
Just throwing this out there .. @Booch for DC
-
The Consolidated Bitchfest Thread
I’m not one to play “what if” but if this team was healthy I think we win this game walking away.
-
The Consolidated Bitchfest Thread
A tough, winning mentality has to be learned and I think we can credit O’Shea with the resilience this team demonstrated at times throughout the year. This team believed. THAT contribution can not / should not be down played.
-
The Consolidated Bitchfest Thread
Wait Another 48 Hours. ?
-
Should this regime be on the hot seat?
Guys, I’ll just remind everyone that there are times certain posters come out of the woodwork .. this just happens to be one of those times .. Its not worth your time / energy to get all worked up over individuals whose sole raison d’etre is to stir the pot when things aren’t going well. I have no issues with fans who are critical of the team / organization or with other team’s fans provided they contribute consistently and not simply “fade away” until the next time the club falters. Also .. ignore function. ?
-
The Consolidated Bitchfest Thread
I reserve judgement on personnel because I don’t feel they were consistently being put in a position to succeed. That said ... For as much as I love Loffler and his physical style of play, he’s not a coverage safety and is a liability at times. He’s probably best suited closer to the line of scrimmage in run support. Sam ******* Hurl. I’ve railed against that guy for years now and this season hasn’t changed my mind. I expect MORE from that position. Alexander / Walker. Both guys are young and are only going to get better. Both played very well in stretches but both showed their inexperience at times. This season turned the moment Mo (and to a lesser extent Westerman) went down. That guy is the heart and soul of that defense and without him .. they just had nobody that players could rally around.
-
The Consolidated Bitchfest Thread
On behalf of all the moderators, I wholly endorse a single, consolidated bitchfest thread. Make it so guys, please??
-
**Playoff Game Promo Pricing **
Really looking forward to the game and hoping Winnipeg turns out to support the team. I remember that last playoff game at CanadInns, great crowd, cold as balls but just an awesome playoff vibe.
-
Blue Bombers and 680 CJOB Announce Partnership Extension
Tait and Irving yes. However I agree with a number of people here in that Brown comes off as smug and hard to relate to. Maybe Brown SHOULD have a few cocktails before getting on air .. might loosen him up!