Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

voodoochylde

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by voodoochylde

  1. We can only beat the team in front of us, this is true. That said, neither Stanzi nor Buckley showed they had any business being on the field. They wouldn't have been if that game meant anything to Calgary. It was a glorified exhibition game in the sense that it allowed Calgary to play backup QBs with the rest of the first team offense - there was no risk or downside in it to Calgary. Their spot in the post season, their positioning, was already secured. However, our defense made plays when they should have and exploited a good match up. If they hadn't dominated they way they did, I'd have been very worried and a lot more pessimistic heading into Sunday. Our offense by and large was dreadful. We won the game in spite of LeFevour not because of him .. but .. we still won. We are hosting a playoff game in the friendly confines of Investors Group Field. I'm not complaining about that.
  2. I suggest discussing the game and not each other .. may be best for all involved.
  3. It's amazing what capable quarterbacking can do to make a coordinator look like a genius; that said, a good coordinator has the ability to tailor game plans to the strengths of the players in his line up and put those guys in the best position to succeed. I can't say that Lapo or Khari do either of those things on a consistent basis. Saying that, I wouldn't want to lose Lapo in the offseason .. Nichols has thrived in this system and consistency is such a big thing offensively.
  4. Always really appreciate community members to contribute the way you do Mr. Dee. Thank you for putting this together week in, week out!
  5. I’m damned happy we won that game last night but will temper my enthusiasm somewhat knowing we faced two back up QBs who have limited reps and experience .. our offence struggled mightily as well. That said, we won, finished with our best record in years and the team / organization takes yet another step forward. Regardless as to what happens next week, this has been the most enjoyable season at IGF to date. #GoBlue #FortHew
  6. Yes he would. He really really would.
  7. I’ve always maintained that we have a great deal of talent on the defensive side of the ball .. they just aren’t being put in position to succeed. Comes down to coaching (Hall) and scheme / philosophy. You can turn the roster over on defence all you want but as long as Hall is here, nothing will change.
  8. I think they might have ratio issues ...
  9. To be fair, I think Naylor said the coach allowed the fight to proceed .. he didn’t set it up .. that said .. what a gong show.
  10. Not to detail the thread but every time I’ve been to Thermea, it’s been amazing. When I saw the notice, I was more than a little surprised.
  11. Dammit .. my bad .. will fix the thread title ASAP (decided lack of caffeine this morning).
  12. What the actual **** is going on in Regina.
  13. It was ******* selfish and cost us a chance at three points in a close game .. frustrated or not, you HAVE to be aware of the bigger picture.
  14. Last team with the ball will likely win this one.
  15. Unless there was another guy with a brace on his arm, it was Westerman, not Adams.
  16. Might have been but I also think that was the last game - or was supposed to be the last game - at CanadInns. I could be misremembering though.
  17. You'd think so, right? Outside 2001, I've been pretty consistently disappointed with how fans in this city support the team at times. Lacklustre turnouts for late season or playoff games .. there's always a reason why people don't turn out: too cold, too wet, better on TV, cottages (summer) .. This team is playing well. They've demonstrated (organizationally) they are committed to the fans .. hope the fans will show their commitment in turn .. pack the house, sell out the playoff game
  18. We did get a dusting is snow but it's mostly gone. Cool and damp though. Perfect fall football weather!
  19. Always liked Bass. Knows how to persevere.
  20. It's becoming more rare that players stick around on a roster for a length of time so that when I do make that investment, I just use my own last name. That said, if I was to get a new jersey I'd probably roll with Leggett.
  21. Might get winded just walking side line to side line. Hah!
  22. I didn't find the name "Michael" jarring or out of the ordinary (but then again I know two different women named Michael)
  23. Well played sir.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.