Sard
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Blue Bomber Discussion
Everything posted by Sard
-
Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT
I don't care whether the hit on Collaros was late or not, it was 100% a head shot and shout be RTP every time.
-
Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT
Between the Lawler no catch call and that not being roughing the passers, it's pretty obvious what the league wants to have happen.
-
Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT
In what world is that not a hit to the QBs head? And how the hell do the commentators not even see that?
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
https://cflnewshub.com/cfl-news/cfl-player-discipline-fines-for-dane-evans-jevon-cottoy-keon-hatcher-alexander-hollins-lucky-whitehead-justin-mcinnis-amir-siddiqi-pier-olivier-lestage-mustafa-johnson/ BC Lions Quarterback and Wide Receivers: Security Protocol Violation Players Involved: Dane Evans (QB), Jevon Cottoy (WR), Keon Hatcher (WR), Alexander Hollins (WR), Lucky Whitehead (WR), Justin McInnis (WR) Incident: These players have been fined for violating the league’s security protocol by entering a designated fan-only area in a visiting stadium. Explanation: This breach of protocol poses potential safety risks, and the league is taking this violation seriously to ensure that all rules and procedures are adhered to.
-
Canadian Politics
The part I don't get is why gender identity keeps being associated with sex and sexuality. They are completely different things. Just because the word sex is used in place of gender in a lot of places, people think that teaching kids about gender identity is in some way exposing them to sex. Kids are aware that there are genders (male and female) from a very young age... they may not know all of the physical differences there, but that's not what gender identity is about anyway, so why would it be wrong to teach to a kid in grade 2? People need to stop confusing teaching gender identity with teaching sexual education because they are barely even in the same realm.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Wait, Fajardo had a knee brace? Why didn't anyone say anything about that?
-
Lock of the Week Part II: Week 10
Gonna stick with Wolitarsky... didn't get one last week so I feel like he's due.
-
Proposed Annual CFL Schedule
The point isn't the timing of the roster size expansion with relation to the Grey Cup, it's about the timing in relation to the NFL training camp. If you move the roster size change earlier, nothing happens because the guys waiting for their shot in the NFL haven't had it yet and won't come North until they do.
-
World Politics
Yeah, the many other times that Russia was the aggressor. Have never heard of any point when Ukraine has done anything in the past to provoke Russia in any way.
-
Lions v Bombers Part 2
Apparently Jackson is the backup long snapper, so that is likely the motivation for having him in the lineup. Doesn't explain Burtenshaw though.
-
Beneath the Blue
Pretty cool video series starting up on bluebombers.com https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/07/30/beneath-the-blue-episode-one-finding-home/ First one came out a few days ago and is an interview with Dalton Schoen's parents.
-
Lions v Bombers Part 2
That would have been really neat to see.
-
Manitoba Politics
My question is, if his mother never identified as Metis when she was alive (presumably true if his brother doesn't believe that they are Metis), then in what way is it honoring her and connecting with her to now claim to be Metis?
-
Lock of the Week Part II: Week 9
Wolitarsky
-
Week 7 - E(l)ks @ Blue Bombers - GDT
I actually disagree that we got boned on that one... Demski ran back the 2 or 3 yards on his own before contact and I believe the ref actually got the spot right. My first thought when he caught it was "just fall forward" because he did have the first down, but then gave it up by running backwards a bit.
-
Week 7 - E(l)ks @ Blue Bombers - GDT
I didn't notice him take a head shot, I just thought the second guy coming in knocked the wind out of him, so I figured maybe he had sore ribs or something like that. Reading back through the thread, I wanted to address the complaints on the spot of the ball on the Demski catch just before the mishandled snap on 3rd and short. Demski caught the ball and ran back towards the line of scrimmage about 2.5 yards before he was tackled. There were complaints that the ball should have been spotted where he caught the ball, but the refs spotted it correctly because he ran back on his own without being pushed back. It's the same as a kick returner running back 5 yards to try and get around an edge and getting tackled for a loss. You only get forward progress if you are pushed back, not if you run back on your own.
-
Week 7 - E(l)ks @ Blue Bombers - GDT
Schoen was definitely targeted at least 3 times (2 for completions, one near the end zone and one when he got popped), might have been more targets, but those are 2 that I remember. I didn't notice him on the field after that big hit that he took on the one catch near the Bomber bench and he went off looking sore.
-
Bombers at Ottawa
He's currently on the suspended list, which is basically equivalent to not being on the team, so wouldn't count against the cap.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
For the record, the "West Side Sucks" stuff goes back to at least the 80's or 90's because it was engrained in me by my dad growing up.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
209 here... say it with me "West Side Sucks! West Side Sucks!"
-
Biggies game
- CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I'm so torn with that one. I can't stand Chris Jones so I'm always more than happy to see him lose, but I do feel bad for the Edmonton fans. I also can't stand Sask, or their fans. I'd slightly prefer Edmonton to have won, for their fans... but like you said, it couldn't have happened to a better prick.- Elks at SSK
Pretty sure it bounced between the 15 and 20... I say a combination of the returner playing too far up and Lauther putting everything behind it.- Bombers vs Stamps - Friday night football
And then Castillo followed that up with a booming kickoff into the end zone to get the single point and make up for the miss.- Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I believe it's also a newer rule that just came in over the past couple of years, so if Calgary has done it before and got away with it, it may have been before the new rule came in. Edit:; Just looked it up and it appears it was a new rule in 2018: Article 13 — Blindside Blocking It shall be illegal for any player to deliver a forcible block on an opponent while moving back towards their own dead ball line anywhere on the field. - CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread