Everything posted by Sard
-
Week 9 - The Champs at The Larks - GDT
Demski was definitely down at the one and Ford was talking about how it would have been a TD if he had secured it... clearly not, so I don't expect them to catch whether the defender was in or out of the endzone when he secured the catch and was down... I didn't look too closely, so won't comment on whether they made the right call on the spot.
-
Week 9 - The Champs at The Larks - GDT
Montreal has had that stupid horn (or horns) for years. As someone else mentioned, they even showed them on the broadcast pumping a small bike pump into a horn. I didn't think any mechanical noise was allowed by the CFL rule book, but I haven't gone to look it up... yet.
-
CHAMPS vs. Flappers - early thread
I think it's the same in many sports and just comes down to awareness... some guys just know what's going on around them and others don't. I play Ultimate, and I can usually tell the people who've played other sports growing up because they tend to have an awareness of where others are on the field and that sort of thing, where some people are just clueless and always running into other people, or cutting people off. I could see the same with the better route runners just knowing where the defenders and open spots are. Some of it is from film study, knowing the other teams' tendencies, but a bigger part in my mind is that field awareness. Ellingson, Schoen and Demski seem to have that awareness in spades because they are very good at finding the holes. The part about running a route is the difference between being able to do a head fake and then a sharp 90 degree turn vs. just running a slow arc. The crisp cuts will get you open, where the lazy arcs will make it super easy for the defender to stay with you.
-
Week 8: Non Champ Games
Sportsnet would be the only other real option that I'm aware of. And they seem to hate the CFL and look down on it as 2nd class to the NFL (typical TO mentality).
-
Bonfire Sports Live YouTube Shows
Midweek from Tuesday isn't there either, likely because it's set to private. I'm guessing it's an option that Darren needs to change on the uploaded video.
-
Bonfire Sports Live YouTube Shows
Hey Zach, the youtube link says that the video is unavailable because it is set to private.
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
Pretty sure that there was a report that a player and coach had tested positive a couple of days before they left Sask. It was unclear whether they travelled with the team or not... pretty dumb if they did.
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
Yeah, but the fact that CoFaj is one of the toughest guys in the league (just ask him) evens it out.
-
2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News
I was going to say the same thing. Pretty sure that was a thing last year. I assumed that was a thing they would keep doing unless they found that it was scavenging full ticket sales. Maybe they only offer it for sellouts?
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
And now he continues to be undefeated in Grey Cup appearances, as a player, coordinator, and Head Coach.
-
Creative and interesting play designs / schemes
Technically Edmonton has been using it having Kai Locksley play as a receiver on a lot of plays. Not sure that they've used it in a true sense of 2 QBs on the field though.
-
Week 6 - Game Day GIF Thread - Stumps @ Champs - Put Your Gifs in here
You can't use the TSN app while on the road? I don't know if it's only live, or if you can pause and stuff, but it's a decent option if you don't have any others. Also, some hotels do have TSN
-
Introduce Yourself
There is a book about him called The Intrepid. Can't remember who wrote it. My father in law said it was pretty interesting.
-
Lock of the Week 4
I'd take the over on that one... The only way I see it staying under is if he gets hurt early.
-
Lock of the Week 4
Dalton Schoen
-
Back 2 Back Losers @ Back 2 Back Champs - Pre-Game Thread
I agree with Bubba, I seem to remember Houston getting burned a lot last year. Now, with how much Rose has been getting burned in the last 2 games, maybe the swap would be a wash... time will tell.
-
Lock of the Week 3
Gotta go with Ellingson as well.
-
3 stars plus hh 2-0 where for art thou bombers?
That was Chris Kolankowski who came in for Couture, he did a great job.
- 2022 Week 2 Pick 'Ems
-
Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT
Is that not what they generally use to consider whether there should be a fine or not? If they feel it was targeted, they will fine the offending player, but if it was accidental, then they usually don't issue a fine?
-
Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT
https://cfldb.ca/rulebook/fouls-and-penalties/major-fouls/ CFL Rulebook for 2022 Article 4 - Unnecessary Roughness g. Delivering a blow to an opponent in the neck or head Doesn't say anything about targeting, but it is absolutely in the rules that it is Unnecessary Roughness for hitting a player in the head, should have been a penalty, that's why it was fined.
-
Redblacks at Back2Back Champs GDT
Griffin actually tucked his chin and led with his helmet, which I'm pretty sure is also not allowed. I would argue that both guys could have been called on that play.
-
2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News
Yes, they were advertising it in the stadium throughout the last game.
-
Week 2 - Champs at Ottawa lead up
I actually thought the PI call was pretty legit. If you watch the replay he's chasing the guy, grabs his waist to slow him down and then pushes by to get the INT.
-
TSN Fantasy - 'MBB 2022'
I had the same thought, but can't bring myself to pick any Riders.