1st place

Crocket

2 hours ago, Rich said:

It is a reference that comes from a video game (Starcraft) and has made its way into some pop culture.

Basically the Zerg are insects that aren't all that powerful individually on their own, but attack in huge numbers to overwhelm opponents.

So in this context, it basically just means being blitzed.

**** zerg players. Protoss ftw

7 hours ago, Rich said:

It is a reference that comes from a video game (Starcraft) and has made its way into some pop culture.

Basically the Zerg are insects that aren't all that powerful individually on their own, but attack in huge numbers to overwhelm opponents.

Seems like the Zerg are the new African Killer Bees.

Edited by iso_55

10 hours ago, Rich said:

yep. Blitz is such a miss understood word in the fandom. 

The Esks offence is still very good and our defence also still needs to improve. The Bombers have not won two games in a row for a while. I hope they can break that chain of following up a decent game with a crap fest but until they do I will have to favour Edmonton.

2 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

The Esks offence is still very good and our defence also still needs to improve. The Bombers have not won two games in a row for a while. I hope they can break that chain of following up a decent game with a crap fest but until they do I will have to favour Edmonton.

The Esk running game doesn't concern me, but the thought of Bowman running loose in the current Bomber defensive backfield does.

Bass has to step up his game. He was almost unnoticeable against Hamilton and we were lucky to not get trampled by a running game. It will be interesting to see if the Esks run right at him immediately. If they can do that, our outside linebackers have to collapse and the secondary will come out of deeper drops. That would make Bowman's mouth water.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

Bass has to step up his game. He was almost unnoticeable against Hamilton and we were lucky to not get trampled by a running game. It will be interesting to see if the Esks run right at him immediately. If they can do that, our outside linebackers have to collapse and the secondary will come out of deeper drops. That would make Bowman's mouth water.

Really wondering if this has more to do with Hall's strategy...  I'm no fan of Hurl's but he used him in a similar way, just filling gaps

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:51 AM, TBURGESS said:

I'm happy we won, but I'm not blind to the reasons why we won and I don't think this kind of win is repeatable very often.

I don't see anyone calling Willy total garbage, a bum, or ignoring his accomplishments (279 yards, 8.7 yards per completion). I do see them commenting on his fumble and his inability to hit an open receiver deep because they're part of the whole picture.

Some fans love to ignore the mistakes and gloss over the amount of luck and bad play by the other teams that's involved in our wins. That's fine, but they go too far when they use their view  of things to complain about other posters who see both the good and the bad.

This would be a lot more reasonable of a post if it was coming from somebody who doesn't behave the same way when we lose. You're very much of a "a loss is a loss is a loss" person, so when you're not the same way with a win, it stands out.

What you're saying is completely truthful - there are specific factors that contributed to the win that we can't rely on every game - but I hope you understand why people are skeptical to buy into it when it comes from you.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

This would be a lot more reasonable of a post if it was coming from somebody who doesn't behave the same way when we lose. You're very much of a "a loss is a loss is a loss" person, so when you're not the same way with a win, it stands out.

What you're saying is completely truthful - there are specific factors that contributed to the win that we can't rely on every game - but I hope you understand why people are skeptical to buy into it when it comes from you.

I'm very much a win is win and a loss is a loss person. I'm also a 'How did we manage to win or lose' person.

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Really wondering if this has more to do with Hall's strategy...  I'm no fan of Hurl's but he used him in a similar way, just filling gaps

I think so, people were hoping for Bass to move to MLB but the result is a lot less free-lancing in a Richie's D.  Question is who is the better WIL, Wild or Bass?

21 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think so, people were hoping for Bass to move to MLB but the result is a lot less free-lancing in a Richie's D.  Question is who is the better WIL, Wild or Bass?

I'd have to say Wild...  smaller but faster and makes incredible reads

Look at Stubler's D - Greenwood and Raymond make all the plays, MLB just clogs up routes and reads... 

Muamba would actually look really good in this D

Edited by Floyd

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd have to say Wild...  smaller but faster and makes incredible reads

Look at Stubler's D - Greenwood and Raymond make all the plays, MLB just clogs up routes and reads... 

Muamba would actually look really good in this D

Go wash your keyboard out with soap.