1st place

Crocket

6 minutes ago, bearpants said:

If she's willing to come over... I don't see the problem... ;)

Huh? Wha? You're seeing Floyd's ex? Wha? Oh, never mind.

parenting.gif

16 hours ago, Mike said:

Traditional MLB is a thing of the past, it seems. Or maybe "out of style" is the better way to describe it.

Way too many coordinators using their MLB to funnel and fill gaps now.

With Henocs bigger (NFL) size I think he would be able to fill the gaps just fine.

16 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think so, people were hoping for Bass to move to MLB but the result is a lot less free-lancing in a Richie's D.  Question is who is the better WIL, Wild or Bass?

I'm thinking about this too.

There's probably an explanation why Bass accumulated a lot of tackles last year in the WIL spot. Wild (at WIL) currently has 22 and with this pace he will have a 100+ by the end of the season. Meanwhile, Bass (at MLB) has only 9 to show after 3 games.

Is our defense designed to push the runners on the weakside/boundary?

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Speaking of Henoc, I still would like him to comeback.

The Bombers are better with him on the lineup. Imagine if the rotation of LBers includes - Wild, Bass, Muamba. add Burnett and Waggonner.

I think if we can dump Hurl salary + another high-salary guy then there's a reason we can afford him.

17 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'm thinking about this too.

There's probably an explanation why Bass accumulated a lot of tackles last year in the WIL spot. Wild (at WIL) currently has 22 and with this pace he will have a 100+ by the end of the season. Meanwhile, Bass (at MLB) has only 9 to show after 3 games.

Is our defense designed to push the runners on the weakside/boundary?

It's funny how people didn't believe it last year when Hurl was the MLB, but buy into the concept now that Bass is. Nothing has changed.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

It's funny how people didn't believe it last year when Hurl was the MLB, but buy into the concept now that Bass is. Nothing has changed.

Hurl had proven he was slow in Saskatchewan before coming here...  Bass is a better player.  Hurl was in the gaps but not able to react.

The real difference is that Ian Wild has the speed to make plays at MLB...  Bass hasn't shown that yet.

18 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hurl had proven he was slow in Saskatchewan before coming here...  Bass is a better player.  Hurl was in the gaps but not able to react.

The real difference is that Ian Wild has the speed to make plays at MLB...  Bass hasn't shown that yet.

The problem is that the MLB spends a lot of time wrestling with O-lineman, plug Wild into that position and all of a sudden it will be Bass making the big plays again and Wild will become invisible.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The problem is that the MLB spends a lot of time wrestling with O-lineman, plug Wild into that position and all of a sudden it will be Bass making the big plays again and Wild will become invisible.

I think if this is the role of the MLB in this defense, they need to have a bigger, athletic & faster guy in the middle.

With all due respect to Bass.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I think if this is the role of the MLB in this defense, they need to have a bigger, athletic & faster guy in the middle.

Bigger yes, but hard to find LB's more athletic and faster than Wild and Bass.  BC has succeeded in highlighting both Bighill and Solly, I wonder what the difference in scheme is?

23 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Bigger yes, but hard to find LB's more athletic and faster than Wild and Bass.  BC has succeeded in highlighting both Bighill and Solly, I wonder what the difference in scheme is?

BC funnels the play to those guys Winnipeg doesn't. pretty simple really. Wild gets put in a position to make a lot of plays, Bass is used more of a hole plugger and force the play somewhere else. Just a difference in style really. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

BC funnels the play to those guys Winnipeg doesn't. pretty simple really. Wild gets put in a position to make a lot of plays, Bass is used more of a hole plugger and force the play somewhere else. Just a difference in style really. 

I suppose that diminishes their role in the pass rush which might explain why Hall sticks with his scheme.  I'd rather see the LB blitz than the Safety.

46 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I suppose that diminishes their role in the pass rush which might explain why Hall sticks with his scheme.  I'd rather see the LB blitz than the Safety.

Blitzing anyone is going to be a real gamble. Reilly doesn't run like he used to, but he still can if the rushing linebacker gets pinned inside, and Reilly can ad lib with the best. Pressure on him by our front four is critical. If he gets time to plant his feet and Bowman has time to get deep into the secondary, its going to be a looong night.

2 hours ago, do or die said:

We also cannot let Bowman catch a million balls in front of us, and then fail to make the tackle.....

I think last night the Argos used up the entire weeks quota of missed tackles for the CFL.

And Ellingson and Jackson thank them for it.