How we go 16 - 2 the rest of the way ...

Teach willy to handle pressure, and the OL too. Get our dbs playing cover not cover + 10 yards. Swap mo and macho. Start corney. Maybe even use macho on teams start hurl move mo to s and ad 2 imps to the OL. Swing goosen out of centre. Bring in bond when healthy. Trade nuefield for a case of booster juice. 

Sorry, but Willy has  worn out his welcome here and has probably lost the confidence of fan sand the team. Nichols may not be the Messiah, but what have we to lose by inserting him? We have been humiliated in two straight games and if nothing changes, then nothing changes.

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

Sorry, but Willy has  worn out his welcome here and has probably lost the confidence of fan sand the team. Nichols may not be the Messiah, but what have we to lose by inserting him? We have been humiliated in two straight games and if nothing changes, then nothing changes.

If Willy puts on the same show next weekend at home my guess is that IGF is going to turn into a howling mad house before the first half is complete.  The reception could scar Willy for life and cause their other 3 QB's to announce their retirement immediately to avoid being thrown to the wolves.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Willy puts on the same show next weekend at home my guess is that IGF is going to turn into a howling mad house before the first half is complete.  The reception could scar Willy for life and cause their other 3 QB's to announce their retirement immediately to avoid being thrown to the wolves.

Thankfully Willy gets a one week reprieve from our rabid fans as the Bombers play in Hamilton on Thursday first ... ;)

I wouldn't really blame Willy though, there was a distinct Lapo flavour to that game. Mid throw on first down, run stuffed on 2nd and short and you're punting the ball. He wasn't perfect but he was far from the biggest problem with the offense last night. He did have a decent completion % even before the 4th quarter. Bigger problem was Harris was no where to be found early on. They tried to get him room but he had none. This team has bigger issues that just the qb. 

Part of me wonders if good old passive to a fault until it's out of reach Lapo is playing too safe and making it easy for defenses to shut him down. 

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I wouldn't really blame Willy though, there was a distinct Lapo flavour to that game. Mid throw on first down, run stuffed on 2nd and short and you're punting the ball. He wasn't perfect but he was far from the biggest problem with the offense last night. He did have a decent completion % even before the 4th quarter. Bigger problem was Harris was no where to be found early on. They tried to get him room but he had none. This team has bigger issues that just the qb. 

Part of me wonders if good old passive to a fault until it's out of reach Lapo is playing too safe and making it easy for defenses to shut him down. 

Could it be that the coaches have no confidence that the players can execute the high-risk/high-reward plays?

Just now, tracker said:

Could it be that the coaches have no confidence that the players can execute the high-risk/high-reward plays?

Don't believe that for a second, why draft or recruit them if they have no confidence in them? Especially when your livelihood is tied in as well? I still want to see how this offence looks with Dressler in it. If it still stinks with him then something is very wrong.

Bring back Mike Kelley as coach, Jim Daley as defensive co-ordinator, Reinbold as offensive co-ordinator, Taman and a few extra Subway napkins for personnel, and then promote Autistic Iron Mike to Manager of Media Realtions...

In some alternate universe, this is the "Dream Team" that will lead the Bombers to the first undefeated season and the Grey Cup promised land.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

we fired Lapo twice before mostly because he was too passive so I don't buy that. He's the same old Lapo. Why did we expect different results? we saw him here twice before and thought so much of him that we fired him.

Just now, BomberDynasty said:

Bring back Mike Kelley as coach, Jim Daley as defensive co-ordinator, Reinbold as offensive co-ordinator, Taman and a few extra Subway napkins for personnel, and then promote Autistic Iron Mike to Manager of Media Realtions...

In some alternate universe, this is the "Dream Team" that will lead the Bombers to the first undefeated season and the Grey Cup promised land.

Yuck.gif

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

we fired Lapo twice before mostly because he was too passive so I don't buy that. He's the same old Lapo. Why did we expect different results? we saw him here twice before and thought so much of him that we fired him.

Find the answer to why he was hired again and you can start to correct the real problem with this outfit.

34 minutes ago, BomberDynasty said:

With that thought in my head, its going to mean a couple more years of therapy.

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yes. This is part of the problem.

The whole mess is a sum of some unattractive components. After reading some posts here I am now thinking that to say it is any one issue or player is not correct. You can't really say that many of the players brought in are bad players individually, although there are always a few questionable areas every year on a given team. Equally, you can't say that coaches like LaPo or Hall are inexperienced or without previous success - LaPo had a good run during the 2000-2003 era. It seems like the personnel, coaches, and team philosophies do not mesh and as a result, the effort and execution are just not there. This explains why some of the talent brought in that was previously successful now fails, and why some of the players discarded from the Bombers end up playing well on another team. 

The system LaPo wants to use will work if a team is built around it, starting with a QB and OLine capable of supporting that style. The problem is that I don't think Willy, the current OLine, or the receivers are a good fit to that style. Willy needs more time in the pocket and is more comfortable throwing 15 to 20 yard passes if he is given adequate time to do so. If he could start to complete those type of passes the blitz pressure would start to drop off and he would be more comfortable and more successful. There is nothing wrong with that style except it doesn't match well with Bombers other personnel selections and the direction the coaching staff has decided to take. If you look at BLM, that is the style Calgary was using to dissect the Bombers. Most Stamps passes were in the 10 to 20 yard range.

So who is to blame? Not LaPo, as he is just trying to execute the scheme he was brought in to implement. I can bet you that O'Shea and Walters asked what type of offence he intended to run before he was hired, and that the type of offence implemented met with their approval. One could even argue that it looks like the Bombers went out shopping for an offence very similar to Bellfeulle and that's why they picked LaPo. 

I put the blame squarely on Walters and OShea, and indirectly, Miller and the BOD. Both of those guys need to go ASAP, and I'd really like the management model on the Bombers changed in the long term.

Just find a quarterback, its the same problem for decades...

Cal couldn't find a QB at the end... Reinhold never could

f Glenn doesn't break his hand, Taman is a god instead of a goat...

If Kelly doesn't cut Glenn, maybe him and Murphy are still here

If Mack signs Reilly, he still has a job...

Bombers have always tried to find a 'deal' and been wiling to settle for the second best QBs available

Once we lucked out with Khari... maybe we'll luck out with Franklin or Cato... doubt it.

But get ready... Nichols is the new Kerwin Bell.  Rebuild hasn't even started yet.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Just find a quarterback, its the same problem for decades...

Cal couldn't find a QB at the end... Reinhold never could

f Glenn doesn't break his hand, Taman is a god instead of a goat...

If Kelly doesn't cut Glenn, maybe him and Murphy are still here

If Mack signs Reilly, he still has a job...

Bombers have always tried to find a 'deal' and been wiling to settle for the second best QBs available

Once we lucked out with Khari... maybe we'll luck out with Franklin or Cato... doubt it.

But get ready... Nichols is the new Kerwin Bell.  Rebuild hasn't even started yet.

Could be Davis or Bennett is the next QB in line but the team has to give them playing opportunities to prove what they can do.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Could be Davis or Bennett is the next QB in line but the team has to give them playing opportunities to prove what they can do.

Totally agree...  but instead we will play Nichols for the rest of the season and throw in Davis for a game or two at the very end.

Play the starter until we've destroyed any confidence he has left... then run with a mediocre backup to save your job...  then declare your third stringer the new starter even though he's had no real game time...

Blow up the team... sign a 'decent' QB (but not the best available)... rinse repeat...

Its the bomber way.

5 hours ago, Floyd said:

Totally agree...  but instead we will play Nichols for the rest of the season and throw in Davis for a game or two at the very end.

Play the starter until we've destroyed any confidence he has left... then run with a mediocre backup to save your job...  then declare your third stringer the new starter even though he's had no real game time...

Blow up the team... sign a 'decent' QB (but not the best available)... rinse repeat...

Its the bomber way.

grndhg.gif