Around The NHL 2016/2017

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Less goals and points than Laine and he's older. But it's a foregone conclusion that he's the Calder winner. 

His fancy stats are better than Laine's right now...  but if Calder was today, it should be Werenski.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes and the twitter chatter is whether Jets should claim him. I guess more specifically knowing no one will claim him should the Jets swap Pavs for Halak. 

Might as well sign Pav to one more year then if the only reason is to protect Hutch. If it's to improve our situation well that aint gonna happen. We didnt even want the best goalie in the A last year.

37 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Might as well sign Pav to one more year then if the only reason is to protect Hutch. If it's to improve our situation well that aint gonna happen. We didnt even want the best goalie in the A last year.

They're not trying to protect Hutch. They're keeping him to be exposed. Asset management.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes and the twitter chatter is whether Jets should claim him. I guess more specifically knowing no one will claim him should the Jets swap Pavs for Halak. 

Only way it works is halak for either pav or hutch and I don't see that happening.  Timing is interesting tho.  Halak sporting a not so good 904 save percentage and gets paid 5 million next year. 

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Only way it works is halak for either pav or hutch and I don't see that happening.  Timing is interesting tho.  Halak sporting a not so good 904 save percentage and gets paid 5 million next year. 

Maybe DiPietro is making a come back

Comments from an Isles' site after their loss last nite to Minny...

So why the f*** he was in the goal this game?

Capuano is ruining this team.

It's up to Capuano to use his best goalie and he didnt do that,

I will be very happy when Capuano will be gone.

this team sucks ...

What do you want him to do? They played a better team that hasn't lost in a month,

...any of this sound familiar.

sidenote ... most fans terribly unhappy about Hamonic's play this season.

Halak would be a solid pickup for a team in need of a vet goalie...  the lower numbers this season has much more to do with the management and the club as a whole then his play.   

The Jets don't need him but someone else will get a quality player if they scoop him.     He was having issues with the 3 goalie rotation from the start and I'm sure a change of scenery will shoot up his numbers like how they have been for the past several seasons. 

Yelled from my couch....my buddy used to have styrofoam bricks he would throw at his tv during the Jets 1.0 years.

The better half won those tickets to the Avs...182.00 a piece....good seats...I started whooping before the anthem was over and got some dirty stares.....fack em.......one of the guys I used to go to games with back in the day would start whooping 30 seconds before the end of the anthem and by the time it was finished, the whole arena was cheering...back in the day when we bitched that beer was $3.25-$3.50!

Halak clears and heads to the A. Why? Because 4.5 million next year is a lot. 

A Pav Burmi for Halak Mayfield deal makes some sense. Hutch waived to the A. Pav and Burmi will both be in the khl next year so isles save money next season.  Only problem is 4.5 is quite a bit for Halak who since 2014 2015 is 41st in 5 on 5 save percentage.  Helle is 8th. Pav is 31st. 

Keep in mind that's 5 on 5. Seriously if the Jets PK was any good...