Around The NHL 2016/2017

His point isn't about losing Burmi to waivers, I don't think people really care at this point. 

His point is you never know who will clear waivers and who won't.  Even those players that people think are terrible. 

So don't send anyone down, *cough* Hutch *cough*, unless you are prepared to lose them.   And most people don't want to lose Hutch until after the expansion draft. 

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Why you have your shite in a know about losing Burmi?....it is a bonus to the team to lose him and not have to pay him 1.55m on the farm...I am glad he is gone.

Maurice says that he and Burmi differed on what his role on the team should be. Maurice said Burmi is right that he didn't give him the time with players he wanted to play with but why should he have? His play didn't warrant it. I would be surprised if he is still in the league next year.

Room for Comrie on the roster now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?  You argued with certainty that no one would claim Burmi. You were wrong. This is why you're wrong about waiving Hutch too. Asset management. 

You know what would have been better? Trading him for a draft pick to arizona

its not a big loss. But let's not pretend many of you werent wrong. Again, it's a learning point about asset management. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

His point isn't about losing Burmi to waivers, I don't think people really care at this point. 

His point is you never know who will clear waivers and who won't.  Even those players that people think are terrible. 

So don't send anyone down, *cough* Hutch *cough*, unless you are prepared to lose them.   And most people don't want to lose Hutch until after the expansion draft. 

Exactly. Thank you. 

They shopped Burmi around. No takers. Nobody wantedto give anything up. Waived him and Arizona decided to give him a shot. I wish him well. He just wasn't going to be a part of the team anymore.  Sucks losing him for nothing but... if someone was willing to offer something for him... we wouldn't have.  It is what it is.  

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What?  You argued with certainty that no one would claim Burmi. You were wrong. This is why you're wrong about waiving Hutch too. Asset management. 

You know what would have been better? Trading him for a draft pick to arizona

its not a big loss. But let's not pretend many of you werent wrong. Again, it's a learning point about asset management. 

This asset was shopped around and no bites....you want to pay that asset 1.65m to play on the Moose or take a spot in the pressbox all season? Good riddance...

Edited by Ducky

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

To be honest I didn't think the Jets would waive anyone but glad they did.....they can call up Comrie now and not put Hutch on waivers...

Except they won't.  Because they aren't stupid. Sorry but waiving an expansion eligible cheap goalie would be stupid. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Don't have to waive him now....room on the roster.

So you say you knew all along Jets weren't making the playoffs... but now its a better plan to have two goalies sit and do nothing rather than have Comrie develop in AHL and Helle carry the team for the rest of the season.

Might be time to step back on your Hutch obsession.

I didn't know all along but they were showing signs of it before their losing streak on the road...I said we should take a look at Comrie.....been saying it since training camp but I was saying around the ASG....Hutch's play changed my mind and I think we should look at him for 3-4 starts now. Hutch can sit and lose out on his "development".

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I didn't know all along but they were showing signs of it before their losing streak on the road...I said we should take a look at Comrie.....been saying it since training camp but I was saying around the ASG....Hutch's play changed my mind and I think we should look at him for 3-4 starts now. Hutch can sit and lose out on his "development".

Except you didn't say that.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

wasn't room in the pressbox then....is now.

See this is what you do... you just post and post and post and then take credit for something when one of your 10,000 variations happens.

Its like pretending that you had some special insight that Stafford and Thorburn suck or claiming you knew we'd never make the playoffs.

The only thing you really went with was trading Myers...  and now that Myers is hurt you can see how bad this D is without him.

20 minutes ago, Floyd said:

See this is what you do... you just post and post and post and then take credit for something when one of your 10,000 variations happens.

Its like pretending that you had some special insight that Stafford and Thorburn suck or claiming you knew we'd never make the playoffs.

The only thing you really went with was trading Myers...  and now that Myers is hurt you can see how bad this D is without him.

No worries, we have Stanley.

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

What is sad is that nobody is admitting goaltending is part of the problem...face facts, it is part of the problem.

The problem is you find a handful of things and complain about them incessantly, be it Hutch, Thorburn, Stafford or Myers. 

This is why people don't remember you saying things like injuries are the problem because overall it is a small percentage of what you post 

I don't recall people saying that Helle has been lights out awesome.  The general feeling is he is young and inconsistent.  

Im not completely sold on Helle yet, but still not ready to give up on him yet.  That doesn't mean I need to post every day, or every game to say there needs to be a change. 

You do bring up some very valid points. The backlash you get is because you are like a dog with a bone and post about the same things incessantly and people get tired of reading the same things over and over and over. 

Not saying you have to change the way you post, it is completely up to you and you aren't breaking any rules.  But don't expect people reactions and responses to change either. 

10 minutes ago, Ducky said:

What is sad is that nobody is admitting goaltending is part of the problem...face facts, it is part of the problem.

No, what is sad is that everyone is saying that its part of the problem but you just want to take credit for some kind of epiphany.

And what is also sad is how you still don't understand that we need Hutch for the expansion draft.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

The problem is you find a handful of things and complain about them incessantly, be it Hutch, Thorburn, Stafford or Myers. 

This is why people don't remember you saying things like injuries are the problem because overall it is a small percentage of what is posted. 

I don't recall people saying that Helle has been lights out awesome.  The general feeling is he is young and inconsistent.  

Im not completely sold on Helle yet, but still not ready to give up on him yet.  That doesn't mean I need to post every day, or every game to say there needs to be a change. 

You do bring up some very valid points. The backlash you get is because you are like a dog with a bone and post about the same things incessantly and people get tired of reading the same things over and over and over. 

Not saying you have to change the way you post, it is completely up to you and you aren't breaking any rules.  But don't expect people reactions and responses to change either. 

rookie and inconsistent is what I have been saying about Helle all along actually...I give him credit when he plays well.

You forgot Burmi...

I don't post about them incessantly I defend my views and opinions. They rarely change and I admit when they do, unlike some posters on here. Until we get consistent goaltending, I will harp on it as much as Goalie harps on a coaching change. He should go back and listen to some of Maurice's interviews at the start of the season and end of TC where he stated that he was going to change lines around and that injecting new players into the system was part of the plan from the first interview he had with Cheveldayoff and that they would have to live with some growing pains....here's your pains...young and inconsistent.

Floyd, We need a goalie for the expansion draft, not necessarily Hutch. Don't have to send him down now though.

so who now is basically dead weight on the Jets other than Stafford, Myers, and Hutch

first of all, I don't completely considering Staff and Myers dead weight because they have scored, Second: for the last time we still won that trade, since we got rid of Kane and we ended up going to the playoffs