Around The NHL 2016/2017

Here is Serevalli's take on the Jets.... Does he actually think Vegas would take Hutch!!!!!!

Status Report: Treading water in the hunt for a West wild-card spot.
TradeCentre Trending: Staying the course   
Top Priority: Expansion draft protection
Trade Bait: LW/C Mathieu Perreault, G Ondrej Pavelec, RW Drew Stafford.
Scoop: The Jets are happy with their top nine forwards and still have Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic – both with the Manitoba Moose - on the way. They are well-positioned from No. 1 through five on defence once Tyler Myers returns from injury. Jacob Trouba, seemingly a trade deadline wild card in October, is playing his best hockey ever in Winnipeg. The net belongs to 23-year-old Connor Hellebuyck to see if he can be the guy to carry this team for the next five years. In other words, the Jets aren’t expected to be big shoppers or sellers. Stafford, 31, could be a rental option somewhere but he hasn't been terribly productive with eight points in 28 games. What GM Kevin Cheveldayoff could do is find a new home for Mathieu Perreault and get a return (however small) now for a player they’d likely lose in June’s expansion draft for nothing. That would likely steer Las Vegas into selecting either Michael Hutchinson or Joel Armia, two replaceable players. In addition, Pavelec — who has rebounded after a slow start in the AHL — would cost less than $1.6 million in real salary for the remainder of the season, making him an attractive backup option for a team like Columbus, who could ill-afford a flare up from Sergei Bobrovsky’s wonky groins when it matters most.

Edited by Ducky

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Here is Serevalli's take on the Jets.... Does he actually think Vegas would take Hutch!!!!!!

Trade Bait: LW/C Mathieu Perreault
Scoop:  What GM Kevin Cheveldayoff could do is find a new home for Mathieu Perreault and get a return (however small) now for a player they’d likely lose in June’s expansion draft for nothing. That would likely steer Las Vegas into selecting either Michael Hutchinson or Joel Armia, two replaceable players.

Ooookay.

I don't think you know how to fish if you're using Pavelec as bait.

Maybe a team, before the trade deadline, needs a back-up going into the playoffs and would take a chance with him.

I could see them trading Perreault if it means protecting Armia. I don't WANT to trade Perrault but at this point we need to look at protecting as many assets as possible. Perreault has a lot of value, I believe, and cap friendly contract for a team making a push.

Vegas has to take 3 goalies. A cheap option like Hutch, that can be a back-up in the NHL or AHL, may work for them.

Edited by JCon

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Minny is a much better team with much better goaltending.

This post reminds me of how guys started throwing everyone under the bus to pretend that Drew Willy wasn't the problem...

Eric Staal, Nino Niedereitter, Jason Pominville and Chris Stewart are not 'better' than the Jets.

The difference with Minnie is that they are rolling four lines and playing D first.

Good goaltending can do that for a coach.

Not throwing anyone under the bus....no room after all the coaches you guys have thrown under there already.

The leaders on this team aren't doing a good enough job if you ask me. Is it why they are playing poorly? Maybe a bit but not much. Goaltending is the major reason and if you don't believe me, even the national media are talking about it now.

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Good goaltending can do that for a coach.

Not throwing anyone under the bus....no room after all the coaches you guys have thrown under there already.

The leaders on this team aren't doing a good enough job if you ask me. Is it why they are playing poorly? Maybe a bit but not much. Goaltending is the major reason and if you don't believe me, even the national media are talking about it now.

Then I guess its time to fire Chevy.

#fakenews. So when the national media talks about something that you agree with its ok but when they talk about Maurice... you just ignore it? Gotcha 

Guess Montreal has a goalie problem also seeing as price let in 7

Watch tomorrow vs Arizona. ... this is a big game for Maurice.  If they come out and lay an egg again... he's on thin thin ice. 

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't get how he was able to play in the US when on the Jets team, but now that he is playing for a US team he can't get into the US.  Doesn't make any sense.  #thanksobama

Don't they know he's Russian? Russia & the US are like two peas in a pod. .Surprised he would a work visa at all!

Just now, Floyd said:

I'm thinking all the paperwork is ready and they've been waiting 10 days for Burmi to remember to sign it.  Like waiting for him to pass... same thing.

He goes East-West, not North-South!

Apparently he's there and practicing now.