Around The NHL 2016/2017

We absolutely fleeced them on that trade. They think they won because they got Eichel in the draft????????

Myers is far from dead weight but an argument could be made for Stu being dead weight. The thing is, we are an injury away from Stu starting unless Myers is back. Myers will help solidify the back end as Chiarot and Postma are both 7th or 8th D men at best. I would guess that Postma moves to the pressbox as soon as Myers is back. Doesn't sound like he is that far away.

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

This asset was shopped around and no bites....you want to pay that asset 1.65m to play on the Moose or take a spot in the pressbox all season? Good riddance...

No. however the point you're avoiding is your assertion that he was worthless and no one would claim him on waivers. Just admit you were wrong. 

Then we can move on to explaining why your plan to call up comrie is wrong too 

I was wrong in thinking someone would take him.

I am ecstatic someone took him.

Helle was called up with a 2-7-1 record last year....call up Comrie and give him a handful of games....what could it hurt??? Afraid to find out he is or isn't a good goalie?

I posted about Myers an hour ago on the Healthy Roster thread....glad he is getting back because he is head and shoulders above Postma and Chiarot and I'm not talking height.

Jets have to ride it out - trade deadline is the time for deals not now. 

Only changes I would make:

- try Trouba-Morrissey as your top pairing, they've looked great in limited ice time... let Enstrom cover for Buff all the time maybe even Chiarot back with Buff and Enstrom with Postma - there is just not enough talent on our third pairing to match up to anything...

- move Petan up to second line and Perrault to 3rd/4th line C

- play Helle until he drops... let him find his groove

thats about it - re-evaluate closer to TD

What they could do... 

Chiarot should not be playing on a regular basis.  Waive him to manitoba.  

Sign Czuchman or whoever you spell it to a PTO.. he's with the Moose on a AHL deal and has been their best d by far. He deserves a shot.  He'd be an upgrade on Chiarot.  

Major trades seem unlikely since there's been none but a minor one to upgrade your bottom pairing D could be an option if signing Czuchman isn't.  

Get myers back. 

Buff Morrissey 

Trouba Enstrom 

Myers Czuchman. 

It's better than what we currently have.  

That's all they really can do. Comrie isn't being brought up.  Ducky thinks it's goaltending but it's not... it's the way the team plays in the D zone.  Fix the D zone play and the goalies improve.  

Besides that or firing Maurice... nothing much will happen until the trade deadline or after the expansion draft. 

In football you can tell when a coach is a dead man walking... same with every sport and right now... Maurice looks like he's thar dead man walking. 

Efforts like the 1 against the islanders and Canucks for that matter... those usually result in the firing of a coach shortly after. I think if you see similar lack of effort on this road trip... Maurice might be sent packing. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I was wrong in thinking someone would take him.

I am ecstatic someone took him.

Helle was called up with a 2-7-1 record last year....call up Comrie and give him a handful of games....what could it hurt??? Afraid to find out he is or isn't a good goalie?

I posted about Myers an hour ago on the Healthy Roster thread....glad he is getting back because he is head and shoulders above Postma and Chiarot and I'm not talking height.

I'm not estactic we lost an asset for nothing.  That would be poor asset management.  Fortunately he's not a big loss. 

Helle was called up due to injury. And then returned to the Moose. 

I don't know what Chipman said, but Wiecek wrote an article on the print media getting moved away from the Chipman box, and I have a thread about it in the Bomber forum, as the original article was more about how sports are changing and classic media getting left out in the cold.

Wiecek says it was a competing journalist, so I'm guessing someone from the Sun published something.

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You'd think the owner would be in his own suite to watch a game.

He is.  He just happened to put his suite in the middle of the press box ... probably because it is a better view for him, and it allows him to sell one more box if he doesn't use up one of the "normal" ones.