general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

In a perfect world sure but... you seem to be expecting a lot from first year players like Connor and Laine/Puljujarvi

They are a draft and develop team. They have said that from day 1. Where are you getting they aren't? 

Absolutely a draft and develop team.  But with a better PK, a .915 goalie and with more depth, this is a playoff team.

The only real first year additions will be Laine and Connor - I do expect one or both of them to perform.

Look at Chicago - Panarin, Van Riemsdyk, Teravainen all stepped up early...

San Jose... one signing - Martin Jones - changed the fate of that franchise

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Lowry's played on the wing before too, but barring the signing of a FA centre, I think it's likely Lowry & Copp are our 3rd & 4th line centres.

I would tend to agree even though I did say petan copp armia 1st line AHL.  

I'm just going on the assumption Burmi is with the jets. If he is copp probably goes to the moose. If not. He probably makes the jets 

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

What would it take to pry Ryan Murray from Columbus?

Start with Dano and Roslovic???

No. 

Ask yourself this. If Ryan Murray were a Jet and someone proposed that trade, would you even think about it for 2 seconds?

I know you said "start" but you are going to have to start with established top end talent to get it back in trade.

Quantity doesn't make up for quality. 

Try Trouba for Murray. That's what it would take. 

Honestly, I think the Jets might make some trades but... i think those trades would involve guys like Stafford, Burmi, Postma maybe, Chiarot maybe, maybe Stuart, Pavelec maybe, guys like that. The best we'd get back is Picks. Doubt a guy like Dano would be shopped, he showed well and was a key piece in a trade for Ladd and fits in to the young group, Roslovic? he was just drafted last year and had a good season by all accounts on a bad Miami hockey team. (Miami Of Ohio). 

This thread is great and all but... realistically, we won't be trading for superstars or guys of that nature. Murray would be nice but not gonna give up what it would take to get him and why would Columbus trade him exactly. Roslovic won't be traded either, he's an unknown at the moment, looks like he has the ability to be a good center in the NHL tho, Jets aren't gonna trade him and they certainly won't trade Dano, a guy they just traded for. 

Stafford,Burmi,Postma,Chiarot,Stuart,Pavelec,Thorburn maybe - These are the guys most likely to be traded if there are trades which i'm sure there will be. These guys don't get you back much more than draft picks. Bundle them up all you want, you still aren't getting much for them. They are easily replaceable players that every team has.. Draft Picks at most, guys similar to them at best. 

Maybe Murray is a possibility but i'm sure in order to get Murray "on the cheap", we'd have to take back one of those really bad contracts that columbus has, and i don't think the Jets will do that. It would still require Trouba or something like that but... if we took back a bad contract, we won't cuz the Jets don't roll like that, It might make Columbus think of adding Murray. But i doubt that happens. Murray has legit potential, he's already a top 4 LHD, he's got potential to be a legit #1 D tho. And those guys certainly aren't cheap. 

Why would Columbus trade him tho, I wouldn't if i was them. He's cheap, he's on a good contract, he's very good. He's going nowhere. 

Edited by Goalie

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Roslovic, Dano, 22nd overall and our 1st rounder next year.

CBK gets Dano who they never ever wanted to trade and Roslovic who is a Columbus boy and 2 first rounders. Too much or not enough? I'd do this trade.

They lose Murray out of their lineup and only get Dano back who is NHL ready.  How does that make sense for them?

Dano likely tops out as a 3rd liner who may eventually may be able to step up to 2 for injuries. 

Murray just signed a 2 year bridge deal and he will still be an RFA when it is done.   They have control over a very good asset.

Who fills Murray's role on Columbus with this trade?

What is CBJ motivation for this trade right now?   It really makes no sense for them. 

Maybe in 2 years if they can't re-sign him to a reasonable deal at that time.  I just see no reason for Columbus to do this right now. 

This isn't Madden where both sides are simply rated for value. There has to be a need you are filling on both sides. 

CB loses Murray, gains Dano and waits a few years for everyone else to make the team.  

Yup. And that's the thing. If you are trading myers for example or Trouba for pick 4... why? We are loaded at forward prospects. PLD might be good but we don't need him. We need LHD help. It makes very little sense to trade for pick 4 unless the plan is to trade pick 4 for a later pick.... 8 to 11 probably. We need D prospects. We don't need PLD. We need LHD. It's likely a d man or 4 are available at 22 and 36. 

The equivalent of 4 firsts for Murray is crazy talk. 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If Chevy sees Chycrun falling then maybe we trade up to get him from 22, but only by dangling some of the excess bottom 6 we have like Stafford, Burmi, Thorbs, etc.  I would hate to give up a young prospect.  Maybe we trade #22 and our second to move up? 

Outside possibility.  I'd be pretty thrilled if we get a stud D man this draft after Laine. 

The Jets and the Bombers both benefited in the past two drafts from highly rated prospects falling unexpectedly in the draft.  If the Jets can somehow get Chychrun and Laine in the first round without giving up any really important pieces to the puzzle then I think I'd be pretty ecstatic.  Do you think Kyle Connor would still have fallen that far if the GM's knew how big a splash Connor was going to make in the NCAA?  I doubt it.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Thing is... a guy like Fabbro or Bean could be there at 22 and could end up better than Chychrun. Heck Clague dineen LuJo could all be better and they will be available at 22 and 36 more than likely

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Thing is... a guy like Fabbro or Bean could be there at 22 and could end up better than Chychrun. Heck Clague dineen LuJo could all be better and they will be available at 22 and 36 more than likely

So after all of the hype from you guys about Chychrun, now he's actually not that great?

Edmonton has more depth at prospect D than people think. They need top guys now but the prospect pool actually needs forwards more than anything. Their best outside the nhl prospecta are crazy assed russians who may or may not care enough to make the nhl.