general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/

Any names stand out?

LHD: VAN Bartkowski ; NJD David Schlemko? Both have bad +/-.

RW: PHI Ryan White - Brandon born ; CHI Dale Weise - can CHI afford anyone these days?

Jets won't be after forwards. They could be after a guy like Perreault for example. A team had to dump him due to salary issues. Bartkowski and Schlemko aren't really upgrades. But a team who are tight to the cap and needing to move a LHD for example might be the jets target 

20 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Just mentioned by Friedman on Hockey Night In Canada, one of the rumours coming out of Buffalo this weekend, Avalanche are interested in a Trouba deal with the Jets. Interesting if true, love to see what they'd be offering ...

Nikita Zadorov and a pick.

Just making ship up.

They did say blockbuster but who knows if anything happens. Mackinnon for Trouba is blockbuster. Could be trouba 22 for Duchene and 10. 

But Then Scheif Little Duchene Lowry seems like overkill. 

Trouba Little for Mackinnon? ? 

Edited by Goalie

But Mackinnon would cement the Jets' centre position for the next 10+ years.  Moves Little to wing potentially. Theres a risk in upsetting Little.  But I could also see the Jets being the kind to say to Buff and Little and Wheeler we need you guys to be the veterans on this team who are schooling the kids...the elder statesmen of the team.  And I think there is a chance they'd embrace that if the team was winning. 

Ehlers - Schief - Wheeler

Laine - Mackinnon - Little

Connor - Lowry - Dano

Edited by The Unknown Poster

45 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

I'd put Pearreault in ahead of Dano at the moment, but that would be a pretty impressive top 9.

Whoops yes I knew I was forgetting someone lol. Could actually be Connor-Pearreault- lowry(Dano)

and then your fourth line is some combo of Copp, Burmi, armia, Thorburn, Dano(Lowry)

Rumor is Trouba wants 6x6. Since we dodged that bullet with Ladd perhaps we should give it to him 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Colorado was shopping Duchene last year so he very well could be the guy. I'd then strongly consider moving little or Duchene to Columbus for Murray or Werenski. 

Who knows tho. 

Mackinnon would be interesting as like Trouba right now is an rfa. 

I say Columbus cuz they don't have a number 1 center and I think they would consider Murray for little or Duchene 

I've heard if a deal does happen it could be quite large. So you never know. Maybe 3 way Columbus WPG Colorado 

To Colorado Trouba pick 22 

To Columbus Duchene 

To Wpg Pick 10 and Murray 

That would be interesting 

Jets take LHD at 10. Juolevi Sergachev Bean even maybe RHD Fabbro who some say might be the best of the bunch. Don't think they are high on Chychrun 

Edited by Goalie

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It would surprise me only because I don't see the Jets as seeing their future being built on weakening the D to strengthen the O.  But if they have faith in Morrissey it would mean Toby/Buff & Morrissey/Myers as the top four and you can probably fill out the bottom two.

...not to mention strengthening a division rival's weakest position. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

...not to mention strengthening a division rival's weakest position. 

Coaching is their weakest position and this deal would not help them.

I would prefer to moving Myers at this time for a LHD, even with his preferable contract situation, for a LHD. I'm not really sure what we could get back.