general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

Yup cuz the salary cap is a real thing. 

Let's just pretend trouba signs for 5.5 

Buff = let's just call it 7.5 million 

Toby = 5.5 million 

Myers = 5.5 million but lower cap hit 

Trouba 5.5 

That's 24 million for 4 guys of real cash. That's lots. 

Damn rights I'd trade Myers for Sanheim on an ELC... 1. Cap savings. 2. He's LHD 3. He fits the age group 

You wanna trade for Lindholm that's great... but his 6 million plus cap hit that he'd sign for doesn't help. 

I'd move both myers and Toby 

Buff Morrissey 

Trouba Sanheim 

2 big money guys. 2 cap friendly ELC  guys. Cuz gonna have to pay Scheif Ehlers Connor Laine or Puljujarvi one day also. 

Look at Pittsburgh. They got big money letang. Then maatta and a bunch of guys not making much at all. 

Edited by Goalie

20 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Probably nothing...  I think Morrissey is prob better than Barrie 

If so thats not terrible because he's a RHD.  So it would then be Buff, Myers, Barrie.  And Toby, Morrissey, Stu/Chiarot.  Would rather keep Trouba forever but if we cant, getting that extra high end draft pick would be nice...and plan for the future past Toby/Buff.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If so thats not terrible because he's a RHD.  So it would then be Buff, Myers, Barrie.  And Toby, Morrissey, Stu/Chiarot.  Would rather keep Trouba forever but if we cant, getting that extra high end draft pick would be nice...and plan for the future past Toby/Buff.

Trouble is that I think the trade market for Barrie is over-valued... Montreal will grab him

Only guy that interests me in Colorado is MacKinnon.

18 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yup cuz the salary cap is a real thing. 

Let's just pretend trouba signs for 5.5 

Buff = let's just call it 7.5 million 

Toby = 5.5 million 

Myers = 5.5 million but lower cap hit 

Trouba 5.5 

That's 24 million for 4 guys of real cash. That's lots. 

Damn rights I'd trade Myers for Sanheim on an ELC... 1. Cap savings. 2. He's LHD 3. He fits the age group 

Just no. If I was forced to choose, I'd keep Myers over Trouba. What would the good scouts say who grades out better when assessing all characteristics? I say Meyers. Plus, technically, and I'm sure I will be corrected, don't we have cap space to keep all?

17 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

who would still be available at 10 that we would want? 

A LHD or a very good forward.   Craig Button's final draft listings...

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-matthews-no-1-because-position-matters-1.503562

Not that I agree with all of his draft spots but there should be some impressive prospects both D and F available at #10.  Of course this is hypothetical.  I'd rather we keep Trouba.  But an offensively skilled Dman like Barrie would be an asset to our PP and a top 10 pick as well?  Nice consolation prize I'd say assuming we could sign Barrie long term.

If Jost is there at 10th, totally worth it...

Button has Gauthier and McLeod falling hard...  

But.... if there are 2-3 'off the board' picks in the 1st round...  there could be a very good D still there, like maybe Chychryn

It's about how much cash trouba wants. Anaheim won't trade Lindholm and if they do it would be for a guy making less money. They are more of a budget team than we are. No chance for a Lindholm trouba deal. 

Maybe move enstrom. Rids his 5.75 cap hit... give trouba 5.5. 

Buff Trouba 

Myers Morrissey 

Top 4 

I don't think the Jets do trouba for barrie. Why. Barrie wants just as much if not more than trouba. Makes no sense. 

Duchene makes sense but only if we plan on flipping one of him or little. I really don't see a deal. If Colorado wants trouba bad enough. Could probably get Duchene plus pick 10. I'd consider that and then trade one of little or Duchene for a young LHD. Murray in Columbus would be a target. 

But ideally we keep trouba and find a way to make it work. 

Buff Murray 

Trouba Morrissey 

That's pretty nice tho and cheaper. That matters. You don't want to spend almost 30 million on your D so if it comes to it... I'd look at moving Toby and Myers to keep trouba but... it's looking likely that trouba is tge odd man out here. 

Edited by Goalie

29 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Trouba won't be traded and he won't be signed any time soon either........he will sign just before or just after TC starts.

He'll want a contract before playing for Team North America. Plus, I think he's a likely target for an offer sheet.

Goalie I agree that top four D is a strong group for a couple years.  But if the Jets could land Duchene, you dont think they'd keep Little?  Two years remaining, good contract...under-rated player.  Wheeler/Little would give you a dynamite right wing for the next two years. 

In fact, Ehlers-Scheif- Wheeler and Laine - Duchene - Little (or some combo of that) is a heck of a top six.  Pushes guys like Perreault, Connor, Dano, Armia, Stafford down to the bottom six and suddenly the Jets are awfully deep.

On the other hand, assuming we dont bring in a top six center, who's the Jets #2C in two years?

Little is a better C than RW.

What about Lowry for 15th overall? Would we get that much for him? Would Petan fetch a 15th overall?

We could probably pick up a good LHD prospect or who knows....I like Chevy's expertise at picking the gems that have fallen through the cracks around that part of the draft.

Let's just assume for a second that the trouba rumors are true. So you got a young player on a young team with a bright future who doesn't want to be here. In other words... if true... it would appear that off ice activities is more important to Trouba than winning is. 

That's not a player I want on my team. 

Say what you want but if he doesn't want to be here... get what you can for him and move on. If off ice activities are more important than winning to any player... move on from that player. Don't need that at all. 

Firm believer of where there's smoke there is fire.... this all sounds similar to the evander kane topics of the past. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

In theory I agree. But we know how long the jets forced Kane to stay here. Until buff basically made the decision for them. 

I think they were just waiting for a fair deal. I think he was gone regardless but... Jets owned his rights just like they own Troubas rights. Trouba has 2 options really... sign a new deal or basically sit at home. He won't be offer sheeted. Those are fantasies that rarely to never happen and for the jets not to match it would have to be a ridiculous over payment for Trouba and in reality teams just don't have the cap space for it. A bottom feeder might but if they overpay I'd take the 4 first round picks and move on cuz trouba is not the difference between being a bottom feeder and being a contender.  Contenders don't have the cap space 

Edited by Goalie