general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

12 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Interesting is what they decide the teams can protect....if we have to protect NMCs, I would trade Myers before his kicks in.

Will have to protect Full No Movement Clauses.  General Fanager lists Myers as having a NMC so there is confusion.  Also lists Enstrom and Buff with NMC's.  So if thats true, all three must be protected.

It's all just speculation right now with the NMC stuff, some people (Lebrun) seems to think NMC are immune to the draft meaning they don't need to be protected, i mean, really, a team like Chicago has 8 or 9 guys with NMC... They will probably be exempt, meaning you don't have to protect them. 

Let's see, expose or trade a top 4 d man or expose an extra bottom 6 forward? Tough Call there for sure. It's obvious actually. You protect Myers if you need 2 and you expose one of your bottom 6 guys

Guys exempt on the Jets

Comrie,Morrissey,Petan,De Leo,Connor, pick 2, Ehlers, <--- those guys don't need to be protected. They are all exempt

Need Protecting - Myers,Buff,Toby,Trouba,Wheeler,Little,Scheif,Lowry(maybe),Perreault (maybe, he's UFA at the end of the year, not sure why you'd protect him if he doesn't have a new contract in place), Goalie = Helle. 

The Jets won't be losing much in this expansion draft, not much at all, It's one player, one player from the  bottom 6 more than likely

You'd rather trade Myers and keep a bottom 6 forward over a top 4 d man? That's crazy talk. 

How will the Jets survive with losing 1 of Stafford,Burmi,Thorburn,Copp,Dano,Armia, Stuart,Chiarot,Postma, Pavelec. OMG we are screwed!!

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It's all just speculation right now with the NMC stuff, some people (Lebrun) seems to think NMC are immune to the draft meaning they don't need to be protected, i mean, really, a team like Chicago has 8 or 9 guys with NMC... They will probably be exempt, meaning you don't have to protect them. 

Has it not already been established that NMC's will HAVE to be protected as their contracts prohibit movement...?  Makes sense to me.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Has it not already been established that NMC's will HAVE to be protected as their contracts prohibit movement...?  Makes sense to me.

NO. Lebrun was saying they might be exempt all together. Meaning you don't need to protect them. It's all being negotiated still. 

It's 1 of 2 options

1. NMC are exempt completely meaning you don't need to protect those guys, they are basically ineligible to be picked

or 

2. You have to protect them. In which case, Oh well, I'll protect my top 4 d man every day of the week over a bottom 6 forward. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Will have to protect Full No Movement Clauses.  General Fanager lists Myers as having a NMC so there is confusion.  Also lists Enstrom and Buff with NMC's.  So if thats true, all three must be protected.

Myers' kicks in this July which is after the expansion draft.

Sorry, musta been smoking weed...what I meant to say was after July, Myers' NMC clause kicks in...after the league lets out the rules for the expansion draft... I'd trade him even if he didn't need to be protected....the worst of our big 3 RHD and would bring back a substantial asset...maybe a bonafide LHD so Trouba can go back to the right side. This team isn't that far away from being a serious contender but Enstrom will be gone and our LHD will be what? Stu, Chiarot and Morrissey? Trading Myers and something like Petan or a 2nd or something for Deadmonton's 4th overall would be a smart move for the future of this club. Myers and the 22nd overall and whatever else...Armia and Petan for Lindholm? I'd love to see Chevy make a bold move and lock up a good 1LHD for the forseeable future. Lindholm, Morrissey and Chiarot? (draft pick) in 3 years  might not look too shabby on the left side.

So, there you have my trade of the day...Myers, Armia, Petan and 22nd overall for Lindholm.

He is an RFA and will get some solid dollars but he is well on his way to becoming a 1LHD.

We really don't have one in the making so trade for one...if the above isn't enough, throw in next year's 1st rounder.

10 minutes ago, Ducky said:

So, there you have my trade of the day...Myers, Armia, Petan and 22nd overall for Lindholm.

He is an RFA and will get some solid dollars but he is well on his way to becoming a 1LHD.

We really don't have one in the making so trade for one...if the above isn't enough, throw in next year's 1st rounder.

That seems excessive...

Is Enstrom tradeable with his NMC?  

Why would another team want to handcuff themselves for the expansion draft for a defensemen who is on the wrong side of 30, is everyone's favourite whipping boy (on this forum anyway),  and is only locked up for 2 more years?

You'd be getting pennies on the dollar and/or find someone where Toby would be substantially better then whoever else they would end up exposing.

13 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

That seems excessive...

Just trying to say that someone like Lindholm is exactly what we need. A couple of years away from being a 1LHD and a very young player. Make the trade and pay him the bucks for 7 or 8 years.

But then you'd have to protect buff Toby Trouba and Lindholm. 

Bottom line here. We will be protecting 4 d men regardless. Anaheim won't be trading Hampus. 

If you are gonna insist on trading myers ... perhaps aim for a LHD on an ELC. Sanheim in Philly 

Myers plus 22 for Sanheim and 18. 

Done  and Done lol. 

Edited by Goalie

Sanheim is nowhere near Myers' worth. Myers for Simmonds maybe.

Lindholm is coming off of his ELC this season.

Why not aim for someone like Lindholm? Why not try to get someone that is a first pairing D man? Of course we pay a lot for it but look what we get! First pairing D men are few and far between but we have some assets we could part with for a 1LHD.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Sanheim is nowhere near Myers' worth. Myers for Simmonds maybe.

Lindholm is coming off of his ELC this season.

Why not aim for someone like Lindholm? Why not try to get someone that is a first pairing D man? Of course we pay a lot for it but look what we get! First pairing D men are few and far between but we have some assets we could part with for a 1LHD.

We don't need Simmonds. Lindholm isn't available. Ducks won't trade him. That's why. 

Lack of organizational depth on the LHD side is a reason to trade an rhd for an LHD. Lindholm isn't really realistic 

I'm gonna make a bold prediction here. 

Leafs take Laine first. 

Jets get the franchise Center Matthews 2nd. Matthews Scheif for 8 9 10 years is solid. 

Jets then trade Jacob Trouba to Edmonton for the 4th overall plus and with the 4th overall pick select. ... yup gonna say it..From the London Knights Matthew Tkachuk. 

Bold but.... wouldn't surprise me at this point with the trouba rumors and Toronto being coy about who they are picking and Matthews quote today saying he will be happy to be picked by any team. As opposed to Laine and his I want to go first overall stuff. 

Myers isn't a 1 rhd because Buff is but like it or not Myers is probably better than trouba and there are no off ice concerns with Myers. Trouba? I think I might be guilty of over rating him. I think his off ice issues and I'm not talking about things that some people might think I am but I'm talking about his commitment to the game off the ice and the fact that it sounds like he really does want huge money long term means he's more than likely traded. I'll say this .... I think at this point.... Trouba is more likely to be traded than myers is. 

Jets have no problem paying marke value for guys.  I think they won't overpay tho and if trouba wants more than the 6 years 30 million Rielly got in Toronto.... adios pretty much. Rielly is better 

Edited by Goalie

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They would then need D help but Chevy said on 1290 he for sure expects to be active in free agency. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/

Any names stand out?

LHD: VAN Bartkowski ; NJD David Schlemko? Both have bad +/-.

RW: PHI Ryan White - Brandon born ; CHI Dale Weise - can CHI afford anyone these days?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg