Kyle Walters interview in the WPG. SUN.

21 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

It wouldn't matter if I posted every day or once a year. Unless one doesn't  say that KW and the other two stooges are the greatest you are going to pull your bullying tactics. 

KW talks a good game. Talk is cheap though.

Hes added key nats to free up spots to use american hogs if need be.  Hes drafted the best olinemen that he could with his picks.  You cant go mental on just one part of the team because some "knowledgable" fans say he needs to.  

Chungh and goosen are legit starters and will be for seasons.  Bryant is one of the best tackles in the league.   Neufie is servicable as a guard OR we can get an american in there.. The only GLARING hole is at RT..

imo you have a jaded opinion on walters and think hes not capable of doing his job.  I dont know why you expect perfection from a rookie GM but i think hes done far more good then bad.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously but i just do not get your ire in his direction..

KW has been around for a while and was touted as a CIS guru. In all his time here and the last three years as THE main man we STILL have the weakest national roster in the league. 

BTW he is no longer a rookie. 

The long time problem since the Bauer days has been the failure of our GMs to treat the team in more than a piecemeal manner.    KW has been no different. Only now that he knows his job is on the line has he tried to deal with more than two areas of concern. Though he has tried to deal with three areas this off season he hasn't dealt with other very weak areas such as our secondary. 

I have had my concerns about Walters from the get go. He has never lived up to his hype. He made some good moves the off season but it remains to be seen if it will pan out. Will the changes made compensate for the weaknesses that remain? 

THE main man we STILL have the weakest national roster in the league. 

No, Sask now has that honour.

....he hasn't dealt with other very weak areas such as our secondary

Disagree. I think you'll find our secondary will be very strong this year. Randle, Adams, Bruce Johnson, Johnny Patrick, Bucknor, Posey, Kearney and Moe Leggett. Stoudermire, Morgan, Jones, Waggoner, and Macho Harris.

Hey, some Nationals on that list too...

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Hes added key nats to free up spots to use american hogs if need be.  Hes drafted the best olinemen that he could with his picks.  You cant go mental on just one part of the team because some "knowledgable" fans say he needs to.  

Chungh and goosen are legit starters and will be for seasons.  Bryant is one of the best tackles in the league.   Neufie is servicable as a guard OR we can get an american in there.. The only GLARING hole is at RT..

imo you have a jaded opinion on walters and think hes not capable of doing his job.  I dont know why you expect perfection from a rookie GM but i think hes done far more good then bad.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously but i just do not get your ire in his direction..

Chungh may not be here next season whether as a CFL FA or gone to the NFL. That's been the scuttlebut since he signed here. That he'd only last one contract & be gone. It'll be interesting if Walters can sign Chungh to a long term contract.

21 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Don't be obtuse. We were talking specifically about Chungh and Goossen. 

Neither one is a Walby. How good do you actually think they are? The best. Above average. Average. Below average. Poor.

21 hours ago, Mike said:

Try reading literally anything. It seems to be a weak point for you.

Thanks. I always feel more intelligent after reading your posts.

21 hours ago, Mike said:

No offense, because while Kirk Penton is a solid reporter, his ability to judge the performance of an OL is about as good as mine or yours. Which is to say, not very good.

I'm sure he cares, really.

7 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Unless one doesn't  say that KW and the other two stooges are the greatest you are going to pull your bullying tactics.

A normal fan wishes the Bombers were better than they are. I know I do. However certain types of fans, like some of which might be described here in this forum, believe the Bombers are much better than they really are, as if believing it will magically make it so. Problem is, this belief in magic having the power to change the course of the entire universe isn’t exactly backed by science.

10 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Total fluff piece and the KW fans are all over it. 

Comments like this are so annoying. Who was all over it? Almost everything before your post was about either the colour of the new jerseys or people trying to explain to J5V that sometimes a qb needs to throw the ball away.

6 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on Chungh and Goosen but you can't tell me that the glowing lack of depth on the o line isn't  a major concern? 

I think most people agree with that... this thread went off the rails when one poster suggested the only appropriate answer to a question about Drew Willy's health and what he can do it help should be ripping the o-line...

8 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

Though he has tried to deal with three areas this off season he hasn't dealt with other very weak areas such as our secondary. 

I'd probably argue the secondary is the strength of this team... and that's not an indictment of how bad the team is overall... IMO our secondary would be a strength on most teams in the league...

12 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

It wouldn't matter if I posted every day or once a year. Unless one doesn't  say that KW and the other two stooges are the greatest you are going to pull your bullying tactics. 

KW talks a good game. Talk is cheap though.

Did you read the thread at all? No one was talking about how great of a GM KW is, or how he can do no wrong. We were all talking about how he answered a question on how important it is to have a starting QB back....WTF have you been smoking?

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I'd probably argue the secondary is the strength of this team... and that's not an indictment of how bad the team is overall... IMO our secondary would be a strength on most teams in the league...

Yeah the secondary is good, Definitely a group that can compare favourably with other teams in the league. It was a lot of other things that were issues. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Did you read the thread at all? No one was talking about how great of a GM KW is, or how he can do no wrong. We were all talking about how he answered a question on how important it is to have a starting QB back....WTF have you been smoking?

This is just the classic, "someone disagrees with me, so let's exaggerate what the topic was in the first place".

6 hours ago, J5V said:

A normal fan wishes the Bombers were better than they are. I know I do. However certain types of fans, like some of which might be described here in this forum, believe the Bombers are much better than they really are, as if believing it will magically make it so. Problem is, this belief in magic having the power to change the course of the entire universe isn’t exactly backed by science.

What's interesting about this is that throughout the thread you're the one pushing an agenda.

Are you really saying >insert posters name< thinks the Bombers are destined for 14-4 and a GC win?!  'Cuz I'm on here daily and see very few folks like that.

IMHO, very few regular posters here are the "love the Bombers at all costs, and ignoring their faults" type of fans.  Frankly, more so than the "positrons" this place has the negative nelly's who like to have their opinions heard, regardless of how accurate, relevant or fact-based they are.  And maybe that's a primary function of a forum. Argue away, let your voice be heard for the sake of it being heard. Just please, do us ALL a favour and skip the comments like the above. You're no more "normal fan" than the rest of us here. The only "magic" that was relevant in your post was that I remember how to use the ignore feature...and *poof* magically your posts will disappear :) 

Is our secondary really that good? Adams is a shutdown corner and Randle was a shutdown corner before his injury, so assuming he's OK that's 2 very high level players. Johnson is loved by some around here but I don't put him in the top level category.

We don't know yet if Randle will be a corner this year or if we need to keep a NI on the field which basically means Bucknor who isn't great by any stretch of the imagination. We don't know who the safety will be, but it looks like Macho Harris has the inside track and he's never going to even be average. We have a free DB spot that Washington played for most of last year... Randle or Adams means finding a new CB or Bucknor gets to play. A newbie may be anywhere from terrible to great.

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Is our secondary really that good? Adams is a shutdown corner and Randle was a shutdown corner before his injury, so assuming he's OK that's 2 very high level players. Johnson is loved by some around here but I don't put him in the top level category.

We don't know yet if Randle will be a corner this year or if we need to keep a NI on the field which basically means Bucknor who isn't great by any stretch of the imagination. We don't know who the safety will be, but it looks like Macho Harris has the inside track and he's never going to even be average. We have a free DB spot that Washington played for most of last year... Randle or Adams means finding a new CB or Bucknor gets to play. A newbie may be anywhere from terrible to great.

The good news is that the one area Walters has actually been able to consistently find rookies for is DB. 

Any football team is only as good as the sum of its parts. A great RB with a sub standard o line is at best average. A great secondary without an adequate pass rush is again, at best average. All those things combine to make the game of football extremely complex. It is therefore a macrocosom and not a microcosm.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Why would we play Macho Harris at safety?  I don't think that's even a remote possibility to be honest.  He's here as SAM depth.  If we get through training camp healthy, Harris will be the 6th DB or cut.

Who do you think has the inside track at safety then?

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

I think most people agree with that... this thread went off the rails when one poster suggested the only appropriate answer to a question about Drew Willy's health and what he can do it help should be ripping the o-line...

LOL ... what?

5 hours ago, bearpants said:

Other than Sask we were dead last in passing yards surrendered and yards per pass surrendered and that, to you, makes our secondary the envy of most teams in the league. Magic.