Kyle Walters interview in the WPG. SUN.

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

There are just too many variables to say that they themselves were horrible. Play called, and pressure up front being two big ones. You can be Deion sanders, but if the QB has 7 seconds to throw, good luck! Re watching the tape, our DB had excellent coverage often, but as the play went on, and broke down its literally impossible to cover everyone all the time. Hell I could beat Johnny Adams if the qb had enough time to throw the ball (sure he might need like a minute but still). Our weakest links were likely Washington and Johnson. Though they also did a lot of good things last year. 

Yep, good points, but let's not overrate them either. Even against some of the poorer offensive teams our secondary got lit up. Throwing underneath our secondary seemed especially easy as huge cushions were being given by players like Washington and Bucknor. Our opponents just seemed to always come up with very effective means of exploiting our secondary. They would take what we gave them, which was a lot, and killed us with it. 

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

A reporter? Oh my stars this changes everything!!!! Which reporter? Cause most of the reporters in Winnipeg can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground. 

The article I recall was written by Kirk Penton, I believe. I know how some of you guys feel about reporters but if they are seeing some of the same things as other fans, maybe there's something to it. In this case, I believe there is.

15 hours ago, iso_55 said:

This discussion about the Bombers secondary has been going on for awhile now. Our secondary is the strength of our defense. It's our Front 7 that's the problem. We don't pressure the qb enough. We didn't have the personnel on the defensive line to have anywhere near the strongest pass rush in 2015. I don't care how good a secondary we have. if we don't pressure the qb then they are going to struggle as qbs will pick them apart. Remember, football is the ultimate team sport. All 12 players have to be functioning as a unit. if one area breaks down then it affects everyone else. Fix the pass rush & our secondary will look like all stars.

Swaggerville?

4 hours ago, J5V said:

The article I recall was written by Kirk Penton, I believe. I know how some of you guys feel about reporters but if they are seeing some of the same things as other fans, maybe there's something to it. In this case, I believe there is.

I like Kirk Penton as a writer but the man doesn't know a hell of a lot about football. I'd take the opinions of a majority of posters here over what Penton sees. He does a good job writing pieces but his body of knowledge isn't there yet.