Wrestling

Rich

On 7/16/2016 at 8:00 PM, Brandon said:

Unknown poster.... kind of hypocritical since back in the day you have brought in for PCW, wrestlers with serious out of ring issues that are on par with Hull.

Brandon, you've pulled this nonsense before.  First of all what hypocrisy?  Secondly, feel free to go to the wrestling thread and expand on this silly remark.  I'd love to debate it.  For a guy who hates wrestling (or self loathing wrestling fan being more accurate) you seem to know a lot about my promoting history...so who have I brought in that is comparable to what Hull is alleged to have done?  (Which is not to say I completely disagree, but if you want to try and attack me, be specific and relevant).  :)

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yup.  It's pretty much a different Era. You can't compare what a guy did 100 years ago or even 30 years ago to now. 

I'm not saying beating women is ok either. I'm just saying Bobby Hull deserves to be in the Jets Hockey hall of fame because without him... there is no Jets. 

Yeah I tend to agree.  Its just hard to reconcile the cringe at Hull with his on-ice accomplishments.  And we probably do see it on an "era" basis.  Where Hull was before my time and I dont have an emotional connection, if Teemu turned out to be a piece of ****, as disappointed as I'd be it would be hard to forget his accomplishments.  I think its just hard to have people confuse "what a great player" with "what a great guy" and we're going to get a lot of "what a great guy" stuff around this.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Brandon, you've pulled this nonsense before.  First of all what hypocrisy?  Secondly, feel free to go to the wrestling thread and expand on this silly remark.  I'd love to debate it.  For a guy who hates wrestling (or self loathing wrestling fan being more accurate) you seem to know a lot about my promoting history...so who have I brought in that is comparable to what Hull is alleged to have done?  (Which is not to say I completely disagree, but if you want to try and attack me, be specific and relevant).  :)

As  a SJW I'm surprised that you would use your money to pay known drug/alcoholics/abusers/ etc.. etc...   It makes you a hypocrite in regards to the comments of this thread.     Also as you are a WWE fan... how many WWE HOF'ers have had out of ring issues.   

As for PCW...Eddie Guerrero who you keep bringing up was arrested in the past and had issues with drinking and driving and beating up his ex.   Davey Boy Smith had a laundry list of baggage and was arrested for threatening to kill his ex.    Jim Neidhart was as bad if not worse.  Brutus Beefcake is a terrible guy.  Brian Christopher,  Buff Bagwell and Hawk all had major issues out of the ring.   I am no familiar if you had other name talent that came in but those guys definitely did a lot of stupid ****. 

Scott Hall killed a guy in a fight outside a bar in Florida before he became a wrestler. Hulk Hogan is a racist according to the PC crowd these days & slept with a guy's wife even though he was set up. There's all kinds of examples of wrestlers who have been honoured but are dirt bags outside the ring. But hey, it's all about selling tickets.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/07/19/jimmy-superfly-snuka-king-kong-bundy-among-wrestlers-suing-wwe-over-brain-injuries

Very interesting.. not sure if this was posted earlier.   The list looks like a bunch of jaded ex employees trying to get some money from the WWE. 

I could be wrong but were wrestlers not independent contractors and not official employees of the WWE?  I would assume the contracts would of cleared them from any of this?

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/07/19/jimmy-superfly-snuka-king-kong-bundy-among-wrestlers-suing-wwe-over-brain-injuries

Very interesting.. not sure if this was posted earlier.   The list looks like a bunch of jaded ex employees trying to get some money from the WWE. 

I could be wrong but were wrestlers not independent contractors and not official employees of the WWE?  I would assume the contracts would of cleared them from any of this?

Thats exactly what it is.  Many of those guys have had relationships (including current I believe) with WWE.  Sounds like guys opting to sign on in hopes of a payday.  Its ridiculous.  Claiming the company didnt protect you from concussions in the 70's and 80's using science known today and not then?  idiotic. 

Part of the case is in regards to the Independent Contractor aspect.  WWE does mis-use that status.  Their wrestlers are employees in every sense of the word.  The company controls their movement, actions, bookings, appearance, dress etc.  WWE pays a comparatively very low percentage of revenue to talent (compared to major sports where its often around 50%).  I cant recall off-hand what it is, but something like 12%.  Which is not to say WWE doesnt pay its talent well.  It does.  But it also requires them to cover their own road expenses (hotel, rental car, food) unlike major sports.

Wrestlers have tried to challenge the independent contractor status before and failed.  It would take a big star and someone either currently or recently under contract to make a strong case.  Linda McMahon took some heat during her election over it.  Jesse Ventura tried to get the boys unionized in the 80's but Hogan ratted him out to Vince.  Jesse also has said wrestlers should apply to SAG.

WWE has been winning most of the developments in concussion lawsuits.  And I hope they do here as well.  A lot of these old guys sign Legends leads where they get money and royalties from WWE long after they are relevant and this is how they respond.  Disgusting.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Weird draft. And keeping their trend slice wwe makes sure a couple is split up for no good reason by having Cass on Raw and Carmella on SD. Nice of them. 

I think Vince thinks couples unless they're married aren't "good for business".

Smackdown looks really weak. No Rollins, No Reigns, Cena will be part time. They do have AJ Styles. I expect that if there is a second WWE title belt that he'll be the holder of it. soon 

Is Alberto Del Rio teasing a face turn?

They don't draft Heath Slater but draft that useless turd Bo Dallas? The closing shot with Slater pissed off all alone in the dark was funny.

Slater needed 15 stitches, nothing too serious.  Unless I missed their name when I perused the list they didnt draft the Wyatt Family.  And splitting up The Club?  Hmmmm. Maybe a vehicle for Balor to take over as leader but Styles was great in the role.

Original talk was Styles/Cena battling over the SD Championship. I'd expect that to continue.  This draft really shows their lack of depth.  And why they were trying to sign guys.  And they didnt want Kurt Angle??? Man, they NEED him right now.

I don't buy it. I think its a work for total divas 

Lana Rusev stayed together 

Maryse Miz stayed. 

Naomi and Uso stayed 

Cass and Carmella on different shows but Carmella hasn't debuted yet 

Only "couple" broken up was paige and del Rio.  It's a work bro 

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I don't buy it. I think its a work for total divas 

Lana Rusev stayed together 

Maryse Miz stayed. 

Naomi and Uso stayed 

Cass and Carmella on different shows but Carmella hasn't debuted yet 

Only "couple" broken up was paige and del Rio.  It's a work bro 

Cass & Carmella are a real couple.  Split up.   They've done it before.  They like to be petty.  They moved Jim Ross to SD once because he said prior to the draft he wanted to stay on RAW and they didnt tell him before it happened live.  That wasnt a work bro.

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

No more Lawler either 

Cole Graves Saxton on raw 

Mauro JBL Otunga Smackdown 

Saxton and Otunga are both awful!  I like Mauro and Graves though.

Most notable omission for me was Bayley but rumor is she is Sasha's partner at Battleground and will be joining one of the shows.