Jets Prospects

Ducky

How does that question go? Can you imagine...

Coaches, Paul Maurice included, love to talk about having as many centres as possible up front because most of them are able to make the transition to the wing, if needed. If by some small miracle the Jets were to land prized prospect Auston Matthews, the Jets could open 2016-17 training camp with Scheifele, Matthews, Bryan Little, Adam Lowry, Michigan star and Hobey Baker finalist Kyle Connor and Andrew Copp at centre and also have Mathieu Perreault, Alex Burmistrov and Nic Petan and Chase De Leo ripening on the farm.

Perreault and Little, FYI, would the oldest of that group, both at 28.

ed.tait@freepress.mb.ca

I really hope this kid is the real deal and along with a top 3 pick we should have a nice young core to built around, but please do not rush any of these players that mistake will bite us in the arse.  A few bonafide goal scorers and a blue chip goalie and we are on our way.

9 hours ago, bustamente said:

I really hope this kid is the real deal and along with a top 3 pick we should have a nice young core to built around, but please do not rush any of these players that mistake will bite us in the arse.  A few bonafide goal scorers and a blue chip goalie and we are on our way.

See Edmonton Oliers as a reference.

If we don't get Matthews, I wonder where Maurice places him? Fourth line with Copp and Thorbs? Just kidding...

I'd like to see him with Scheif and Armia but Maurice will probably say that is too young at the wings. Armia and Scheif are both very good defensively and I think it would make a hell of a line. Unless he plays him with Wheeler and Scheif?

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:39 PM, Mr Dee said:

This situation didn't start this year and won't be resolved this year. The makeup of the jets had to be addressed for the long term when they arrived here from Atlanta. Does anybody not think the Jets "organization", in its totality, is better off now than when they were a franchise in Atlanta? Did fans really believe because the Jets made the playoffs last year that 'powerhouse team' was just around the corner?  From where we were, to where the Jets are headed, I believe this team is way ahead. Now, what has to be addressed is the right mixture of heady vets and ready rooks. There's talent there, we just have to have it complemented.

I just don't want us to become another version of the Edmonton Oilers with season after season of losing along with big promises of great things on the horizon that never materialize. I really thought the Jets turned a corner last season & were on the up & up as a team but then Chevy changed directions last summer. You just get the impression that fans think that having a team of young kids will be better but there's no guarantee that a young team will mature into a great team. Again, see the Edmonton Oilers.

ESW 

Connor Matthews Nor sure yet but probably not little 

Connor is coming for sure. The jumbotron video this afternoon at the jets game basically confirms it 

How's this 

ESW 

Connor Little Laine 

Perreault Lowry Armia 

Lemieux Copp Dano 

Edited by Goalie