Jets Prospects

Ducky

It's not, It's an ELC... it's more than likely negotiated in the CBA, I'd suspect most guys who sign their ELC's now are getting paid the same amount... Yeah it's more than Scheif made his first 3 years and more than Trouba and Copp and Lowry and Ehlers but Ehlers made more than those guys did too, It's just what it is. It's irrelevant tho. 

No need to worry about it at all. In a few years that 1.77 is gonna look like peanuts. 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Includes potential bonuses.  

Yep, the salary will be around 900k annually.  This isn't negotiable.    Bonuses can be 10%  (bonuses are just part of the salary paid up front).

The rest is bonuses.

KBF: That Penticton tournament while a good thing, shouldn't be taken as something overly serious. It's really just to get the guys feet wet, Connor will just be learning to play the PRO game, keep in mind, these guys have very little practice time together and it's their really first time skating as a "team" all summer. Kid is gonna be a good one tho. 

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/4/11/kyle-connor-signs-entry-level-contract-with-the-winnipeg-jets

Ehlers made the Jets straight out of camp and started the season in the Jets top-nine. He spent much of his time playing with the Jets best and put up an impressive 1.5 points per 60 minutes of 5v5 icetime. He didn't always get to play with the Jets best, however, and sometimes was stuck with noted anchor Chris Thorburn. In ~200 5v5 minutes Ehlers put up only 2 points while with Thorburn, and many wrongfully were suggesting other teams were figuring Ehlers out. His point pace away from Thorburn was an even more impressive 1.7 points per 60 minute pace.

Let's hope Connor doesn't end up on a line with Thorbs this year.  Actually, I hope Thorbs is no longer on the team next year. Time for Lemieux or Lipon to step up.

Very surprised that he signed thought he might go back for another year at Michigan but happy he turned poor, also he might start on the 2nd line but more probably will start on the 3rd line, don't worry about Thorburn, if his is on the team he will be on the 4th line as we gather more talent he gets pushed further down the pecking order, eventually i see Connor playing with Matty P and Little.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Very surprised that he signed thought he might go back for another year at Michigan but happy he turned poor, also he might start on the 2nd line but more probably will start on the 3rd line, don't worry about Thorburn, if his is on the team he will be on the 4th line as we gather more talent he gets pushed further down the pecking order, eventually i see Connor playing with Matty P and Little.

If that's your definition of poor then I'm coming over later to hang out at your place!  Make sure the scotch isn't younger than 18 years, would you old chap?

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

No love for Petan or Lemieux?  I thought Petan and Copp had some good chemistry.  I thought Perrault and Dano had some good chemistry too.  Ehlers seemed to have good chemistry with everybody he played with, other than players whose names rhymed with Borburn.

So hard to predict because of the amount of bodies that will be competing.  Plus you have Chevy saying he will be looking into free agency as an option.  Could be very competitive in training camp and then that leads to waivers and potential trades to ship guys out.