What happens with this guy?

IC Khari

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think Lirim is gone, the Bombers have been trying to re-up him since mid last season without success.  I suspect he wants to play closer to home and family, but not a lot of openings out East.

Frankly, I wouldn't shed a tear over Lirim leaving. Extremely unimpressed with him. Just another headcase with a live leg.

I really hope we try to keep lirim around.  Hes got a good leg and is capable of both duties IF he can get his mind right.  Kickers dont forget to kick.  They do, however, suffer from fragile egos and focus.  If he gets his mental fortitude up, he will be a good kicker again. Id really hate it if it wasnt with us a la parades.

27 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I really hope we try to keep lirim around.  Hes got a good leg and is capable of both duties IF he can get his mind right.  Kickers dont forget to kick.  They do, however, suffer from fragile egos and focus.  If he gets his mental fortitude up, he will be a good kicker again. Id really hate it if it wasnt with us a la parades.

Me too, he's got the physical tools and most of the mental problems can be patched up with super-glue.  If Lirim isn't a Bomber he'll torment us for 10+ seasons.

Pro football. Paid to win, not fail. It's  a business as we've been told in the past. If a player doesn't perform then he is replaced. Osh stuck his neck out for the guy last season more than once but I don't think he's willing to do that again.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

A bad season like Lirim had usually earns a kicker a 1 way ticket home. If he goes somewhere else & does well that's great for him. However, I don't think he'll be kept around on the hope he is able to bounce back. Looks like the Bombers are moving on. 

I don't agree, this is far too rash.  Walters uncovered a gem, now all he has to do is fix his brain.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

A bad season like Lirim had usually earns a kicker a 1 way ticket home. If he goes somewhere else & does well that's great for him. However, I don't think he'll be kept around on the hope he is able to bounce back. Looks like the Bombers are moving on. 

I'm honestly not sure you've ever said anything I agree with. 

This happens all the time. Most recently in the CFL, Milo was kept at least through the offseason by the Riders after an atrocious season. And Swayze Waters had awful kicking numbers up until a few seasons ago and Toronto stuck with him. 

After years of being stuck with horrible kickers like Westwood, Serna, Deangelis etc, we can't afford to kick a huge talent like Lirim to the curb after one bad season. Especially since he is a National. 

I could see a resigning of lirim in that feb 5th presser where fa's will be a heavy topic.  Iirc walters actual spent the year before we signed him helping him. After an outstanding rookie season, and a bit of a sophmore jinx, I dont see walters giving up on him.  Last season might be a sms blessing for us in his asking price, but im sure some incentives will be thrown in.  If he resigns and struggles this upcoming season, then I see the rope getting extremely short-non existent for 2017

21 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I'm honestly not sure you've ever said anything I agree with. 

This happens all the time. Most recently in the CFL, Milo was kept at least through the offseason by the Riders after an atrocious season. And Swayze Waters had awful kicking numbers up until a few seasons ago and Toronto stuck with him. 

After years of being stuck with horrible kickers like Westwood, Serna, Deangelis etc, we can't afford to kick a huge talent like Lirim to the curb after one bad season. Especially since he is a National. 

I've never kept track. Do you want to keep stats?

38 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Lirim was pretty much useless last year and lost his job because of it. That being said, I'd bring him back at the right price to compete for the job again this year because of his birth certificate and his strong leg especially if we don't land Medlock (Import).

Being an un-drafted prospect the Bombers probably got Lirim at a bargain price in his first year and they definitely benefited from his pay/performance rato.  Second year was poor but I don't think they should use that as a bargaining chip against him.  Treat him as a great Natl. asset and sign him for the going rate with faith that he will perform well again.  If he stinks out the joint this year then they can think above moving on. 

Lirim may have squandered his plans for an NFL career for now but I would predict if he can put a few seasons of consistent kicking behind him he will be getting a look in an NFL camp sometime in the future.