Mr Dee

Looks like the Coordinators are off limits to the media again this year,

They will build the team anyway they can,

O'Shea beat Jones in leg wrestling,

It appears that O'Shea enjoys handling the Special Teams and

More....

CFL

CFL – Verified account ‏@CFL

Recapping the @WPG_BlueBombers live chat with Head Coach Mike O'Shea.

As a fan, I could honestly care less if O'shea let's the coordinators talk to the media or not .It's irrelevant. It's not like our media would ask them an relevant questions either... Let's be honest, everyone of this site here, we all YUP ALL OF US, have more knowledge about the game than 99 percent of our media... 

What's Hall or Lapolice talking to Friesen or guys like that gonna prove?  Nothing. 

i actually think it is better that way. Like i said, what the hell are anyone of us gonna learn from a guy like Friesen talking to Hall or Lapolice? Nothing really. 

You realize right that these are fan submitted questions? It's not like he's doing this with the media, this was a twitter thing. I'm not sure why anyone would expect any relevant info to come out of these things.

The only somewhat relevant info i got from watching a few of the 20 second clips is that there are lots of receiver and DL players available in free agency and the bombers will be in on a few of them. 

This really is nothing when you get right down to it. It's fan submitted questions via twitter. 

Some of the "fans" on Twitter are quite ignorant when asking their question so the team will ignore that question and rightfully so. Seriously, quite a few good questions asked by the fans, probably a few would have been answered if a few of those people weren't such pricks in the way they asked the question.

MOS answered the respectful questions. So would I. If someone is talking crap to me on twitter, I ain't responding to their question either. 

As a fan, I could honestly care less if O'shea let's the coordinators talk to the media or not .It's irrelevant. It's not like our media would ask them an relevant questions either... Let's be honest, everyone of this site here, we all YUP ALL OF US, have more knowledge about the game than 99 percent of our media...

What's Hall or Lapolice talking to Friesen or guys like that gonna prove? Nothing.

i actually think it is better that way. Like i said, what the hell are anyone of us gonna learn from a guy like Friesen talking to Hall or Lapolice? Nothing really.

It'd be nice if they spoke, just because oshea is boring and only offers bs and very little else.

That only works for bill belichek because he wins.

Until MOS starts winning, the secrecy thing just looks like a cover up for incompetence, whether he means that impression or not.

I agree with this. Winning changes everything and until MOS starts winning and making the playoffs the impression IMHO is that he is either covering up incompetence etc. And unfortunately that is the way it will be until the Bombers turn the ship around and start winning. And whether that will be with or without MOS is the burning question IMHO.

Let's face it, the only time the media want to talk to a coordinator is when things are going badly. Given this, I don't see the point of giving the media access to them as O'Shea is ultimately accountable for the whole team anyway.

Good, so MOS can be fired this season if team sucks again?

Pretty sure that's the plan yup..

Let's face it, the only time the media want to talk to a coordinator is when things are going badly. Given this, I don't see the point of giving the media access to them as O'Shea is ultimately accountable for the whole team anyway.

I could care less too what the coordinators have to say. Just a way for reporters to find "dirt", undermine the team and have something to write about.

Mostly fluff. I mean, MOS  was asked if he was a Star Wars fan.

I don't like the continuation of Mike Controlling The Message. I think that's wrong & Darren Cameron should never have suggested it. MOS hates talking to the media. I know we have a couple of dicks in the press corps  in particular Wiecek & Friesen but MOS sometimes doesn't hide his disdain & looks a time he'd rather pass a turd in the can than talk to the media. He's always in a hurry to get through a presser.

I think at times that behaviour turns the fans against him as he comes acros as arrogant & impatient appearing to talk down to the media & looking pissed off. I think there's nothing wrong every once in awhile for the coordinators to talk to the media as a change up & when MOS is upset or just doesn't want to face the media after a game. Especially LaPo who understand the media now after being with TSN for 2 seasons is a lot better talking to them than Mike is. So, I think the policy of MOS not letting any coaches especially the coordinators talk is hurting him more than helping him. 

Was there ever any doubt that MOS was going to let his coordinators talk to the media? He's never done it before. Most of the fans in the year end poll wanted to hear what the coordinators have to say. Personally, I'd love to hear what Hall and PLAP have to say.

13 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Was there ever any doubt that MOS was going to let his coordinators talk to the media? He's never done it before. Most of the fans in the year end poll wanted to hear what the coordinators have to say. Personally, I'd love to hear what Hall and PLAP have to say.

O'Shea probably asked them directly if they wanted to have media exposure and their answer was likely "no thanks Mike, you can do it".

9 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

O'Shea probably asked them directly if they wanted to have media exposure and their answer was likely "no thanks Mike, you can do it".

Not likely. In the PLAP presser, reporters asked if the coordinators would get to talk and PLAP rightly said that's the HC's decision and he'd go with whatever O'Shea wanted. BTW: Both PLAP and Hall have more media experience than MOS. I'd bet that they wouldn't have any problems doing a weekly media Q & A.

On 12/18/2015 at 6:47 AM, Goalie said:

What's Hall or Lapolice talking to Friesen or guys like that gonna prove?  Nothing. 

We might learn a lot. If someone asks O'Shea a question about a scheme on offence he might not know since offence isn't his thing. If he instead defers to his new media-savvy OC we might hear the answer and frankly, that's something that interests me greatly.