Post Season Diagnosis & Therapy

BigBlue

MB failed for half a season in Wpg before they MO hired him and MB made Anthony freakin Calvillo look like he was done. We kept him for continuity after 1.5 years of failure so Willy didn't have to learn another offense? It would have been significantly better to have Willy learn an offense where he didn't take a huge beating game in and game out. Might/Likely saved our season last year. Figuring out that Tracey wasn't going to get the job done after 1 season might have saved our last season too. That's a big part of O'Shea's job to know what's working and what isn't and to make the tough decisions.

He has made the tough decisions...He has fired three coaches..what else to you want him to do...resign?

I'd want him to know that MB wasn't a good choice in the first place. I'd want him to at the very least fire MB after year 1 when it was obvious to pretty much everyone that he wasn't doing a good job. I'd want him to get rid of Tracey after year 1, not half way through year 2. I'd want him not to hire Etch in the first place. He's paid to make the right decisions and he hasn't made many.

MB failed for half a season in Wpg before they MO hired him and MB made Anthony freakin Calvillo look like he was done. We kept him for continuity after 1.5 years of failure so Willy didn't have to learn another offense? It would have been significantly better to have Willy learn an offense where he didn't take a huge beating game in and game out. Might/Likely saved our season last year. Figuring out that Tracey wasn't going to get the job done after 1 season might have saved our last season too. That's a big part of O'Shea's job to know what's working and what isn't and to make the tough decisions.

He has made the tough decisions...He has fired three coaches..what else to you want him to do...resign?

I'd want him to know that MB wasn't a good choice in the first place. I'd want him to at the very least fire MB after year 1 when it was obvious to pretty much everyone that he wasn't doing a good job. I'd want him to get rid of Tracey after year 1, not half way through year 2. I'd want him not to hire Etch in the first place. He's paid to make the right decisions and he hasn't made many.

Oh....so it's not just that he has to make the hard decisions...he has to make them on your schedule...with the benefit of hindsight!

Plenty of fish in the ocean still, they'll just have to throw out a few more lines and not settle for a mullet.

But if you are already a mullet then you are going to want to school with other mullets

or.....

" if you are already (have) a mullet then you are going to want to school with other (people with) mullets."

Per #CFL sources: Winnipeg recently asked Ottawa to interview Jason Maas to become Assistant Head Coach/OFF coordinator. Permission denied.

— Arash Madani (@ArashMadani)

December 2, 2015

Isn't this an example of the kind of shitt ey circumstances that has the team end up with the Etch types?

I thought the "friendly" thing to do when a step up is offered was to allow that talk take place..

Oh....so it's not just that he has to make the hard decisions...he has to make them on your schedule...with the benefit of hindsight!

No... I want him to make good decisions in the the first place with the benefit of foresight!

No... I want him to make good decisions in the the first place with the benefit of foresight!

How did I know that was going to be your answer!  Now it's good decisions not hard decisions, and yes everyone in the league makes perfect decisions with the benefit of foresight...and card reading! 

How did I know that was going to be your answer!  Now it's good decisions not hard decisions, and yes everyone in the league makes perfect decisions with the benefit of foresight...and card reading! 

We pay him to make good decisions. He hasn't. No one's perfect so no, I don't expect perfect. I'd give him a bad hire or two, but he had 3 bad coordinator hires out of 3 in the first year alone and that doesn't count the players he hired like Kuale and Romby. I didn't see any other teams wanting to hire Etch or MB or Tracey because their HC's knew better in the first place. If their HC's knew, O'Shea should have known too.

We pay him to make good decisions. He hasn't. No one's perfect so no, I don't expect perfect. I'd give him a bad hire or two, but he had 3 bad coordinator hires out of 3 in the first year alone and that doesn't count the players he hired like Kuale and Romby. I didn't see any other teams wanting to hire Etch or MB or Tracey because their HC's knew better in the first place. If their HC's knew, O'Shea should have known too.

You said he can't make the hard decisions...he fired them all!!!...now you're trying to turn it around saying he shouldn't have hired them in the first place...maybe not...but that was not your original complaint!

You said he can't make the hard decisions...he fired them all!!!...now you're trying to turn it around saying he shouldn't have hired them in the first place...maybe not...but that was not your original complaint!

Read the whole first post, not just that last half of the last sentence, then maybe you won't get the wrong idea.

Just saying but a lot of what Arash Madani says turns out to be false later. The guy has been wrong so many times recently it's crazy actually. As for preference for OC... really... just about anyone with some experience running a successful O

Kerwin Bell is interesting

I'm excited, who cares that other teams are already improving their coaching staff for the upcoming year, we've signed another long haired National LB, and Pop-a-what-ya-may-call-it :)

Good point... I can't believe our guys are just sitting on their hands while everyone else is scooping up all the available coaches... 

I mean, think about all hires the other teams are up to... BC, oh wait they just fired some people... well there's Calgary, oh no wait, they just did a restructuring that was planned for over a year... then definitely Sask, oh wait, they haven't actually hired anyone yet either....  ;)