semi final games

Mark F

Each team supplies the footballs used by their offence, so if a defensive player kicks/throws a ball into the stands, it's a penalty because the ball belongs to the other team.  If an offensive player throws/kicks the ball into the stands, it belongs to his own team, so there is no penalty.  

The rule is beyond stupid regardless of the reasoning.  Just make kicking the ball when it's dead a penalty for the safety of everyone.

A penalty anytime balls are kicked after a play?  Seems reasonable to me  I can get behind that. 

Expansion, has diluted the quality of play, no doubt about it. It's nice that Ottawa has a team and they're doing well, but some of the players and even coaching they now employ would help the overall state of play IMO if spread out through the rest of the league. Guess it's nice for tradition, but it is what it is once you go down that road ...

NFL ?

.... Aaron rogers threw 61 passes today against the lions, scored 18 and lost.

61 passes. If that isn't high school.....

couple of weeks ago, saints beat the giants 52 to 49.

There's plenty of bad football in both leagues.

nfl shmenfl.

That game was 100x more entertaining than any CFL game this year. I watched most of it.

Switched over to TSN to see bad players on bad teams playing each other in a sad stadium with no atmosphere and horrible TV production.

Just brutal.

Agreed.  Another Ricky Ray stinker.  Good statline, couldn't score enough points.  The story of his career beyond 2003.

That game was 100x more entertaining than any CFL game this year. I watched most of it.

Switched over to TSN to see bad players on bad teams playing each other in a sad stadium with no atmosphere and horrible TV production.

Just brutal.

Agreed.  Another Ricky Ray stinker.  Good statline, couldn't score enough points.  The story of his career beyond 2003.

Harris had a couple of bad games & he was benched. Then, Harris can't get back on the field. And Milanovich is so good. 

Harris deserved to be benched given how poorly he played the last few games of the season.  Ray played fine in the second half.  Stepped up in the pocket numerous times against the attacking Hamilton d-line and completed several impressive passes under pressure.  My only beef with him is a couple of long passes that missed the mark on second and long.  He would have been better off continuing with the passes underneath or intermediate passes.  The collapse of the defense in the last quarter to quarter and a half cost the Argos the game though.  Waters also played a role.  Tough conditions in a budget stadium  (built at ground level with now surrounding walls and thus allows for wind to play too much of a role in this day and age) but considering how good he is supposed to be he should have made two of the three field goals.

Calgary proving they are still a good/great team in the CFL with what looks to be another decisive win over the Lions.  Can't wait for next week's battle of Alberta.

Just brutal.

Selective memory.  The Ottawa-Hamilton game just last week was fantastic. 

beating a team with a rookie qb who has started what four games?

not sure that's a sign of being good/great.

Ray outplayed Masoli.  Hamilton D is one of the best in the league while the Argos D might be the worst.  Which Qb faced the tougher D?

Hamiton had a big assist from their special teams in their victory.  Check out the yardage from special teams in the final stats