Around the NHL

“I just didn’t feel as though (the Jets) had my back at all. It would have been so simple to just squash it and put it to bed. It just became kind of a big deal,” he told The Hockey News.

So Evander, you're expecting the club to shelter you from your misguided views and inappropriate behaviour? Whether you like it or not, what you do off the ice on your own time matters to your employer. Comes with the territory and your compensation package.

I hate the racism argument.  He used that here too.  No doubt there is racism.  Need only look at every online story about Kane when he was here and read the comments.  But it defies logic that he was singled out due to racism but Buff wasnt.  The Bombers' black players arent.  Kane just has no sense of responsibility.

It makes me wonder what the Jets plans were.  Kane asked for a trade every year...  Jets used the impending lockout to get Kane to sign a long term deal.  But did they think he'd mature and eventually want to be a Jet?  Were they sticking it to him in the sense that "you dont dictate to us"?  Or just waiting for the perfect deal to come along?

Some Rumors suggested the Jets did have interest in a London Knight Forward for sure and would have taken him if he was still available, Apparently they really liked this guy lots but it wasn't Max Domi they were interested in, It was Bo Horvat.. I don't think the Jets would have taken Domi if he was still there, Horvat? Yup but Domi, nope. 

I think after Horvat was picked, Morrissey was the next guy they wanted...

Someone writing Morrissey off already? Hope that's not the case, lots of D men spend time in the AHL before coming to the NHL... if you need some examples, go check out the Predators roster. 

I'm not writing anyone off yet....not even Komaschuk.

I think it is good for Morrissey to play for the moose for a year or two.....

Same goes for most rookies.

Lemieux would be there if not for his age in my opinion.

Chiarot played on the farm for well over 2 seasons.

I would hope to see the 4th line starting to get more time on ice.

Its all nice to have the Moose in town but the microscope might be a little to big. Might be better served not have team in a place where every player is going to get dissected. Taking preconceived judgements all the way up. Winnipeg is whipping boy city they find a someone to target and usually does not end pretty.

From a WPG Sun article about the Kane story:

By the end of the day, a snippet of another Kane interview popped up on Twitter.

In this one, Kane, in a video interview with a site called Barstool Sports, was asked which NHL players he’d most like to fight.

“Probably Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler,” a smiling Kane said.

Track Suit Night, Jan. 10.

It’s a Natural.

He might get his chance.  Will Ladd and/or Wheeler tune him up or will Peluso decide to take out the trash?

He might get his chance.  Will Ladd and/or Wheeler tune him up or will Peluso decide to take out the trash?

Kane would likely kick either one of their asses, so I hope they don't try. Kane would never fight Peluso. The dream matchup is Buff.

Ladd can hold his own....I'd like to see them go at it but much rather see Buff pulverize him.

This tells me that Ladd and Wheeler really didn't want the Kane distraction and might've been more vocal about it than Buff.