Around the NHL

Can you post them on here???

"It doesn't surprise me. It's not bad or good. He had some bottled-up emotions, apparently, it seems like. So maybe just getting them off his chest might be healthy for him. At the same time, we're not going to be concerning ourselves about that, really. We're concentrating on what we have in this dressing room and going forward that's our focus."

Okay, maybe I oversold Thorburns comments, my bad.

Some Rumors suggested the Jets did have interest in a London Knight Forward for sure and would have taken him if he was still available, Apparently they really liked this guy lots but it wasn't Max Domi they were interested in, It was Bo Horvat.. I don't think the Jets would have taken Domi if he was still there, Horvat? Yup but Domi, nope. 

I think after Horvat was picked, Morrissey was the next guy they wanted...

Someone writing Morrissey off already? Hope that's not the case, lots of D men spend time in the AHL before coming to the NHL... if you need some examples, go check out the Predators roster. 

Or Duncan Keith who Morrisey is sometimes compared to (style of play).

"It doesn't surprise me. It's not bad or good. He had some bottled-up emotions, apparently, it seems like. So maybe just getting them off his chest might be healthy for him. At the same time, we're not going to be concerning ourselves about that, really. We're concentrating on what we have in this dressing room and going forward that's our focus."

The Free Press has edited their article since this morning but originally the article had Thorburn mentioning how close he was with "Kaner" but the team moved on almost immediately after the trade.

Okay, I think they pulled that from this site... Oct. 27/15 PRE-GAME. Somewhere around the one minute mark.

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocenter/

Freaking hilarious. He even got the score wrong :)

His Twitter account features Dickie Dunn from the greatest Canadian movie ever..Slap Shot.

Okay technically it was not shot in Canada but still.

Gino Reda         @GinoRedaTSN

Major decline in fights!! '04-1 fight every 2 gms or less, now? 1 every 4 gms. Like? or Hate the trend? @TSN_Sports

Someone commented that Thorburn doesnt really fight anymore and I was going to say it doesnt seem like Peluso does either.  Good trend regardless. 

Dreger Report

The Anaheim Ducks will have to win 52 of their remaining 72 regular-season games to come close to the 109 points and central division title won last season. With every loss, Anaheim, a team favoured by many to win the Stanley Cup, is inching closer to being a non-playoff team.

Unbelievable.

The urgency of the situation isn't lost on Ducks players, coaches or management and was driven home by Thursday’s 2-1 loss to the Blues in St Louis. It was a loss amplified by Tarasenko's tying goal scored on a two-on-oh, followed by Colton Parayko's game winner on a shot from the point that sailed wide of the net before ricocheting off the end boards and into the Ducks net off goalie Frederik Andersen's skate.

The loss in St Louis comes two nights after a meltdown in Dallas, where the Stars scored four unanswered goals in a 4-3 win that left Anaheim demoralized.

Vladimir Tarasenko tied things up in the second with his sixth of the season and Colton Parayko's fourth turned out to be the game-winner, as the Blues handed the Ducks their fifth straight loss.

Bruce Boudreau will require treatment in a local burn unit based on his media placement on a hot seat that has reached lava-like temperature. The question now is will Boudreau be behind the bench for the Ducks next home game on Sunday?

General manager Bob Murray may have more slack left in the rope, or may opt to make a trade to shake things up. However, a trade can't guarantee success and it makes little sense to trade Sami Vatanen or Hampus Lindholm, young defencemen teams are interested in, unless Anaheim is getting quality young assets back. It’s too early for a transaction like that to materialize.

Bad luck, mistakes, an offence that has dried up with just 10 goals in 10 games and, subsequently, an eroding confidence are among the factors contributing to the Ducks’ demise.

If Boudreau makes it through the weekend he will have to steer Anaheim to a lengthy winning streak to get back in the hunt and away from the crosshairs that target him as the NHL's next coaching casualty.

I think Anaheim is a good team, but I always wondered if they were as good as their record last year. Their goals for/against was only +10, which was the worst of all playoff teams and worse than 1 or 2 non-playoff teams. Didn't they win an NHL record number of 1-goal games? That seems unsustainable, kind of like Calgary's shooting percentage from last year. Maybe it's come back to bite them in the a## this year.